Rodgers and the haters

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
"Matt Ryan had to save a franchise from going under when Michael Vick was arrested. Aaron Rodgers got to sit on the bench and hang out at clubs at night in his first three years as a professional. Seriously, he had it easy." - Colin Cowherd

"As for passing yards, Rodgers isn’t in the top three of that category. In fact, had Matt Schaub not missed time to injury in 2008, he also would be well ahead of Rodgers. Brady also missed all but one half of the 2008 season because of a knee injury." - Elliot Harrison, NFL.com

"Aaron Rodgers is a good player, but he's not as good as http://bleacherreport.com/ben-roethlisbergerBen Roethlisberger. Ben has won two Super Bowl rings. It's not even close!" - Skip Bayless, 1st and 10

"Don't believe the hype. Another overlooked factor in Rodgers' phenomenal run has been the presence of the league's top defense. On the surface, it wouldn't appear that the Packers' defense would have an effect on Rodgers' play, but the added opportunities created off turnovers and three-and-outs leads to short fields and more scoring opportunities. Over the past two seasons, the defense has finished among the top six units in takeaways, and the extra possessions have certainly led to more big plays and production from Rodgers." - Bucky Brooks, NFL.com

VersusTheMoose

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cowherd is the biggest idiot on ESPN, and that is saying something.

He needs to get his nose out of Brady's *** and internalize his stupidity; maybe than he can realize it isn't 2007 anymore.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score

He needs to get his nose out of Brady's *** and internalize his stupidity; maybe than he can realize it isn't 2007 anymore.

Cow had Rodgers on after the SB and admitted he was wrong

VersusTheMoose

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I didn't even know about the Rodgers thing until now. TSN (ESPN Canada) just started airing Sports Nation and it is absolutely terrible.

greenandgold

I'm Dirty Hairy Callahan
Reaction score

I think Skip's remarks were stupider. My boy just whipped your boy Rapistberger.

morningwood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
ESPN is such a waste. They are much more about "entertainment" than sports.

Mike and Mike started their "two a days" the other day and I thought, well maybe if they are focused on just two teams they will actually have something to say. Nope, just the same old headline type stuff. Didn't learn a thing.

Adam Schefter is worth listening to, not much else.

Coward and Skip are just shock jocks, nothing more.

Hell, last week ESPN spent most of the week talking about a caddy, specifically, discussing why a caddy is not worthy of discussion.

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
LMAO at the Ben comment. Even John Madden himself said the Seaducks should have won that Super Bowl

Just ignore it. Listen to how stupid these annalists really are. if you go by them you'll be thinking OMG KEVIN KOLB IS DA BEST EVER! when truly Kolb sucks. Tebow also is OVER RATED and they act as if he's Steve Young reincarnated. I'm surprised they don't suck up and give 49er fans something to throw in our faces by saying how great Smith is. Same goes with all sports. Tiger ******* Woods didn't even place in the 20 of the PGA and they focused way too much attention on that waste of space. And don't even get me started on LeBron James. The entire NBA Finals was over shadowed by that quitter rather than the real stars on Dallas.

cheesehurdler

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You should've seen NFL Live on ESPN. Eagles, Eagles, Eagles. All of it, Eagles. Already saying they're SB caliber. It's like the other 31 NFL teams don't exist.

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
You should've seen NFL Live on ESPN. Eagles, Eagles, Eagles. All of it, Eagles. Already saying they're SB caliber. It's like the other 31 NFL teams don't exist.

Remember before NBA started? it was all HEAT HEAT HEAT . Yeah I seen all that garbage about the Eagles, and I plan on ranting about them since I ain't been on here in a while, and tend to stay busy during most the summer.

The Eagles "dream team" is a joke.

bubbahotep

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I could spend the night talking about how much I can't stand Skip the dip Bayless. Moron, on TV, getting paid to be a ******, and then acts offended when someone calls him out or disagrees with him. Bunch of hacks on ESPN, except Bob Ley.

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I love how people think Roethlisberger is better than Rodgers because Rodgers has had a good defense the past couple years...

So what do you call the Steelers?

Idiots, all of them.

DevilDon

Inclement Weather Fan
Reaction score
I'm going on record saying this: I worry that Rodgers didn't adopt the better protecting helmet because of style. I hope technology develops every year and he always gets the best helmet science has to offer. That being said:
I see the leadership of Montana, the study, intelligence and preparedness of Manning, the release of Marino and the accuracy of Brady in Aaron Rodgers. Analysts can chime about the current state of NFL rules and so on but it's clear, this guy is special. All these same arguments have been going on as long as the NFL. Call me crazy, but I firmly believe that our QB could go down as the best of all time if he can stay healthy.
He had one errant pass in this game in his first series after all these months, then he LIT THEM UP. Dude is scary good.
All those airheads had to say was that they weren't behind him as an elite QB. Honestly, for just one single second, is Rapistburger an elite QB because of his rings? Good God, no sports fan can be that dumb can they?

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Its funny none of the Rodger haters have surfaced in awhile. This forum had its fair share...

Wow are you the pilot for the plane that was going down there just for Brett or was it the plane that was taking them to the draft and they were going to make a stop by Brett. As far as the tampering comments do you have any proof because TT didn't and the NFL saw it that way and what about this team cell phone that TT had to change his mind about. You won't forget about Brett wanting to play for the Vikings because he is angry and wants to stick it to the man (TT) But your going to back an over rated QB out of college and think hes the greatest thing since sliced bread and one that tells us we have to back him or shut the hell up ( ok i can see your point because i will always hold that against Rodgers) Just think with the schedule and a very delicate qb that can be hurt during practice, we could very well end up with tim tebow for our qb next year now that looks promising in my eyes:smile:. But i will bet packedhouse was a huge Brett fan when Brett and the wrs were carrying this team last year. Like its been said what we get is mostly hear say and we will never know the exact truth both parties to blame as much as i hate to admit it seeing i can't stand TT

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
I'm going on record saying this: I worry that Rodgers didn't adopt the better protecting helmet because of style. I hope technology develops every year and he always gets the best helmet science has to offer.

After his second concussion, Rodgers did change to a helmet that is supposed to protect against concussions. This is what he told Peter King after the Pepper’s hit in the NFC Championship game: "That was lucky,'' Rodgers told me. "As much as the new helmet feels uncomfortable and I'm still getting used to it, I'm really happy I was wearing it on that hit.''

But I agree with the rest of your post, DevilDon. In addition to his intelligence, leadership and motivation, what makes Rodgers particularly scary good IMO is his deep accuracy. He doesn’t have the rifle arm of his predecessor but his arm is plenty strong and he’s more accurate when he throws long.

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Helmets might have some insight into all of that.

I do know that most players dont like to switch to newer styles bc of comments they get from vets. Also they are used to the older styles and just dont like the feel of the new one. I guess its like that old recliner in the living room. Newer better models have come out but you love the one you have had for years

JoshuaRHuffman

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You guys talk about hating shock jocks yet you can't stop talking about them or listening to them.

Sounds like they're doing their jobs pretty doggone well :)

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm yet to see an intelligent man say negative things about Rodgers. Couldn't care less about those quoted morons. When Bob McGinn or Troy Aikman (knows about QB play, even though he's not a geat commentator) start criticizing him, then I'll pay attention.

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
Just don't worry about ESPN, look how stupid they really are.

ESPN = HYPE

TEBOW!!!!!! OMG Tebow is the BEST EVER!!

How about Kevin Kolb? What is so good about a quarterback that throws more picks that touchdowns and they act as if he's the next Troy Aikman or Dan Marino.

LeBron James! He's better than MJ! Don't even get me started on that *******. The entire 2011 season of the NBA was over shadowed by that ********* and his team that everyone grew to hate over their constant media attention. No one really knew San Antonio had the best record of the season cause it was over shadowed by Miami, Miami and Miami everytime they talked about basketball. Even when the Mavs beat their ***** in the Finals, all we heard after that was "The Heat will be back" and tons of excuses for them.

Tiger Woods is still king (even though he is such a loser and *********). Seriously I have NO IDEA WHAT SO EVER why Tiger gets so much media attention. We all don't like him cause he over exposed his jerkness and showed how much he really cares about his wife and kids. And we all know that his downward spiral has been HILARIOUS to watch cause this is the only golfer this country knows about since ESPN only wants to focus on just him 3/4's of the time.

You guys should notice it by now. They pick the biggest hype machines in each sport. Michael Vick: Good guy, I think he's a good player and he did his time. NO I do not hate Vick for his past, I am just so tired of hearing about him through the media.

Look at Reggie Bush. He gave Saints fans a reason to give him excuses and build hopeless promises that they would have 1,000 yard rushing season. What does Bush REALLY do? Fumbles, drops passes, too scared to run up the middle, and ESPN still thinks he's great cause he won the Hiesman.

The only thing I am surprised about is ESPN don't really suck up and give 49er fans an excuse to back Alex Smith up, but I'm sure they'll be calling him Jeff Garcia 2 if he has ONE good game this year. By now that bust has been there longer than Garcia, which to me is pretty strange since Garcia was a good QB.

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm yet to see an intelligent man say negative things about Rodgers. Couldn't care less about those quoted morons. When Bob McGinn or Troy Aikman (knows about QB play, even though he's not a geat commentator) start criticizing him, then I'll pay attention.

Last year I asked Aikman about his favorite young QBs, if I remember correctly he didnt mention Rodgers

DevilDon

Inclement Weather Fan
Reaction score
Last year I asked Aikman about his favorite young QBs, if I remember correctly he didnt mention Rodgers
That might be true, but by season's end he couldn't say enough good about Rodgers. He often spoke of his skill late in the season. Even if he didn't see it before, I think Aikman is a fan now.