Rip on TT and MM in here

ORPackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
carol k said:
I posted something this past week, and the name of the post was in Latiin. It means rest in peace. The moderator said I was stirring up the pot. My comment was that I was no longer going to post anything about Him Whose Name Cannot Be Mentioned. Someone else had used that name earlier in reference to Brett.

So, we will no longer post on that board. I noticed on another thread that someone said you couldn't say anything about TT and M&Mon the board that the person was on. Well, guess what, that person is absolutely right. We were taken to task for that. Wonder if it was the same board.

sounds like "Timesfour" mesage board you are referring to.. that place is a cesspool

OP
OP
wischeez

wischeez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
carol k said:
Well, I have been gone for quite awhile. I am glad to be back.

My husband and I have been posting on anotherboard, and we were reported by some people because we didn't llike TT and M&M, but we did like Brett.

I posted something this past week, and the name of the post was in Latiin. It means rest in peace. The moderator said I was stirring up the pot. My comment was that I was no longer going to post anything about Him Whose Name Cannot Be Mentioned. Someone else had used that name earlier in reference to Brett.

So, we will no longer post on that board. I noticed on another thread that someone said you couldn't say anything about TT and M&Mon the board that the person was on. Well, guess what, that person is absolutely right. We were taken to task for that. Wonder if it was the same board.

BTW, a very good friend of ours told us the following and said that we could repeat it--and this person is a very good friend of the Favre family.

He said that after the Giants game last year, TT called Brett into his office and told him that they no longer have a place for him on the team. No wonder he retired. We also have another friend who has a friend who is related to Deanna Favre, and Deanna told this person that TT has been trying to get rid of Favre for the past three years. That is when all the waffling began with Brett.

Anyway, glad to be back, and I won't stay away this time.

Welcome back carol k! We left the porch light on for you.
As you probably noticed, we have threads to bash on MM and TT, and a Favre thread. We don't frown on posting about stuff, but we're trying to keep all that stuff in two threads otherwise the board would be filled with it. Again, welcome back and stay awhile.

OP
OP
wischeez

wischeez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
cdog127 said:
FYI- that was my first post on here, I am not a negative person, I just really despies TT and MM.

Doesn't sound negative to me. Sounds like what everyone is thinking. Also, Welcome to the forums cdog127!

smittie46

Cheesehead
Reaction score
MM and TT have :( :( ruined a football team and let a nation of followers pissed off.This started when they for one FAVRE,RYANand etc they have got rid of all of r cornerstones that made the team gel.I also believe that they thought to highly on themselves.MM thinking he is bill parcels and he is not.Favre made them and letting him and a few others go will brake him.I agree its coaching,the play calling has been pathetic on all sides of the ball.Thats where it all starts and ends u cant tell me KGB was any worse than r line,or letting jenkins go,plan out stupid to the till.Sorry but i am so disappointed in this year,i have no answers but if the way things ,u always go up not down i feel we have along way to go down yet.Mark this post we lose to detroit,just 2 put a xclamation point on the season.Clean house starting with the coaching staff,management and the special teams then the lines def.and off.If we need to rebuild i dont want TTorMM orMmurphy around murphy of all people should know what we had and what they all tore apart.He lost here 4 years he knows we deserve better i am disappointed in him the most.Great forum hope i didnt offend antbody .still die hard GO PCK GO

PackFanNChiTown

Bear Fan's Bane
Reaction score
At the beginning of the season I was a staunch TT supporter; I mean, the man took us from salary cap hell that Sherman had left us with and turned the team into a younger pool of pretty good talent with a lot of cap room.

I started the season interpreting the "cell phone" incident as that the team definitely had access to cell phone records; a TT hater took the time to point out to me that the team NEVER had access to logs! I went back and re-read the archived articles and realized he was right so I changed my mind on that issue.

I supported the BF trade as I, like so many of us, was frustrated at the INT in the championship game. I was more than happy to support handing the reins to A-Rod, knowing this was going to be a painful season, and I that definitely came true.

At this point I'm so frustrated I see ANY termination as an improvement. I think TT is average at drafting talent, but I think there are other GMs out there who can do just as good or better.

I'm glad I found this site, I need a place to vent frustrations and this place is much better suited to that than the GBPG forums. Those forums have become a haven for trolls and haters & there's not much actual football talk anymore...

Looking forward to some good debates!

Chi-Town

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
carol k said:
He said that after the Giants game last year, TT called Brett into his office and told him that they no longer have a place for him on the team. No wonder he retired. We also have another friend who has a friend who is related to Deanna Favre, and Deanna told this person that TT has been trying to get rid of Favre for the past three years. That is when all the waffling began with Brett.

Thats very interesting, a board I post on, has one of Bretts main people running it..and they have never once said Ted took Brett in the office..What I did hear tho is their opinion is that Ted wanted him gone...

So in short I dont think that person told the entire true story,or sort of stretched the truth..

I think Ted might have done it , but not right after the Giants game..

More like the day Mike and Brett had the 6 hour meting..<<<< that i have heard is when Ted said no more, leave the building

PackFanNChiTown

Bear Fan's Bane
Reaction score
longtimefan said:
carol k said:
Thats very interesting, a board I post on, has one of Bretts main people running it..and they have never once said Ted took Brett in the office..What I did hear tho is their opinion is that Ted wanted him gone...

So in short I dont think that person told the entire true story,or sort of stretched the truth..

I think Ted might have done it , but not right after the Giants game..

More like the day Mike and Brett had the 6 hour meting..<<<< that i have heard is when Ted said no more, leave the building

That sounds more like the scenario I imagined, that after all the issues between the two, finally at the end TT ended it "once and for all."

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
yourout said:
Today was my Mike Sherman moment.

And it was the fullback dive on 4th and 2 that pushed me off the fence.

I have been willing to cut MM some slack but the play calling today was beyond pathetic. From the 1st play of the game it was obvious the Jags knew what was coming when we ran the ball. As soon as we motioned into the set the Jags knew what coming when we tried that stupid inside toss. So we try it about 6 more time with the same result.

Run right for a yard, run right for a yard, run right for a yard.

Hey...news Flash!....Moll sucks so quit running behind him!

Clean house at the end of this year or look at another wasted year next year.

TT, MM, Sanders, and everyone but Kampman on the Dline should be pink slipped.

Wow, I could not agree with you more. Instead of running play action or have Rodgers roll out, MM calls a dive play into the heart of the Jacksonville defense. EVERYBODY knows that the entire Jaguars defense is built around their two defensive tackles.

Tony Moll was was a TE in college and rated by most publications has "a 7th round pick or priority free-agent". There is no reason for him to picked in the 5th round or start at RT this early in his career. Colledge was a LT in college and should be playing RT instead of Moll.

Kampman does need help. I know that it won't happen because TT loves to have a ton of cap space and hates signing free agents, but Albert Hanyneworth would automatically make every player on the defense better. Not to mention the top-10 pick the Packers have secured will allow them to draft an impact DE or OLB. I like Pickett on first and second down, but Jolley proved himself to be no more than a rotation player. Also, the "Mike Montgomery as a pass rusher" experiment is a failure.

Good posting!!

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
PackFanNChiTown said:
At the beginning of the season I was a staunch TT supporter; I mean, the man took us from salary cap hell that Sherman had left us with and turned the team into a younger pool of pretty good talent with a lot of cap room.

I agree with you too. I liked the fact that TT got the Pack out of salary cap hell, but now is the time to capitalize on that. Jennings is the only key player NOT under contract. If you lock him up, you still have probably the second-most cap room in the league to invest in NFL-IMPACT players.

I am also a Packer fan in Chicago, and has been rough this year. Hopefully a third-place schedule and some better personel will lead to a great 2009 season!

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
wischeez said:
JenningsLongCatch said:
gopackgo4 said:
This is just a ridiculous thread to have. Last year we were in the NFC championship. and we almost won it too. Yeah I think Ted Thompson needs to try and bag a prized free agent this off season and if he doesnt then we will have to pressure him. At this point though this threAD is ridiculous. one lousy season, filled with many injuries i might add is no reason to scrap the Gm and head coach. Besides McCarthy is doing a damn good job which is also a good thing that TT did. Come on people lets not all have our heads up our *****

Totally false... The Packers have had the same problem for the past two years and nothing is being done to solve them. Why couldn't we beat the Giants last year? No pass rush and sh#tty run defense. Why are we getting eatin up THIS YEAR? No pass rush and sh#tty run defense. The Packers have no had a defensive end who can rush the passer opposite Aaron Kampman for A LONG TIME. It is time for something to get done.

Also, Green Bay needs to stop trying to get away cheap with interior offensive linemen. The interior line has been weak since Wahle and Rivera were allowed to leave.

:yes: This post says it all.

rambler

Cheesehead
Reaction score
you remmember the train that left the station for brett its returned to pickup tt the defense special teams coaches and mm if he fits this is to be the demise of the greatest team in nfl history the poor coaching is at the bottom of this im tire of listening mm fat f k tell us his bs excuses tt should be fired and nurphy 4 being part of this circus

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
rambler said:
you remmember the train that left the station for brett .....

its returned to pickup tt ,the defense, special teams coaches and mm if he fits...

this is to be the demise of the greatest team in nfl history...

the poor coaching is at the bottom of this, im tire of listening mm fat f..

k tell us his bs excuses tt should be fired and nurphy 4 being part of this circus

PackFanNChiTown

Bear Fan's Bane
Reaction score
rambler said:
you remmember the train that left the station for brett its returned to pickup tt the defense special teams coaches and mm if he fits this is to be the demise of the greatest team in nfl history the poor coaching is at the bottom of this im tire of listening mm fat f k tell us his bs excuses tt should be fired and nurphy 4 being part of this circus

At this point it's difficult to try and defend the coaches OR the GM with the way this team is self-destructing. I'm not sold on the idea that BF's presence would suddenly make the defense play better and the play calling improve however...

carol k

Cheesehead
Reaction score
According to our local paper, some of the players were arguing and gesturing with each other on Sunday during the game. MM says that all teams have this problem, and there is nothing to it. As we were not able to get the game, I did not know about the gesturing.

On another thread, a man from Washington said he remembers when TT was there, and he said TT was arrogant. Gee, I had him pegged as that from Day 1 when he came to GB

PackFanNChiTown

Bear Fan's Bane
Reaction score
carol k said:
According to our local paper, some of the players were arguing and gesturing with each other on Sunday during the game. MM says that all teams have this problem, and there is nothing to it. As we were not able to get the game, I did not know about the gesturing.

On another thread, a man from Washington said he remembers when TT was there, and he said TT was arrogant. Gee, I had him pegged as that from Day 1 when he came to GB

Not that I really care about TT per se, but Terrell Owens is arrogant too, doesn't mean he's not bad at his job does it? (Not that TT is the T.O. of GMs either BTW)...

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
carol k said:

Dont just take the one view and think that is the entire story

Harris downplayed the incident between him and Poppinga and maintained that things weren't as dysfunctional on the field as they looked.

"We're trying to win, both of us," Harris said. "It wasn't personal, either one of our sides. We're both trying to do what we're paid to do. And it happens. It happens more than a few times. Sometimes that's a good thing. Honestly."

RobJohnson

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sorry to break it to you folks, but the QB position IS a large part of the reason that the Packers suck this year. Rodgers has not proven that he can win a game, or lead his team to victory in the last few moments. The few times he had the chance, he has thrown picks. He is a game manager, and not a "winner" imo. He may rack up some statistics, but the most important ones, wins--he will not rack up.

We are now seeing the consequences of a reckless, arrogant, and egotistical GM who wanted to get rid of Favre so that this Packer team would be considered "his", and not Brett Favre's. How's that workin' out for you TT, you effin *****? The Defense that's supposed to be considered Thompson's forte, and was considered decent a year or two ago, has been shown to be full of holes, and injuries are not the reason. No depth, no pass rushers, mediocre LB'ers, and a horrible O-Line has been the staple of Ted Thompson's Packers since he got here, and nothing has changed. The only thing I will give TT credit for is the WR corps, and some of the DB's. That's it.

Brett Favre was able to pick apart defenses last year when he got a little time by the oline, because of his talent and experience. Something Rodgers hasn't been able to do because he's not good enough. Favre was able to win games even with no running game and no o-line last year for the first seven games. Now to say that Favre has lost it in one year is ridiculous. He is playing on a team with vastly inferior WR's to GB's (Coles and Cotchery), and they are running an offense that does not play to his strengths. When the Jets can run the ball, Favre can still pick teams apart as witnessed in Tennessee and New England among others. It's when the Jets can't run, the DB's sit on the short routes because the Jets DO NOT have a deep threat at all. There's alot more to this game then simple statistics, if you understand it. Sadly, many don't.

And Longtime, I'd like to know who that "vet" on the Packers was who said, "we finally closed the book on Brett", and how you know it. Right now, that is just heresay, in my book.

TT made the wrong decision when he locked BF out of the locker room.

TT''s ego had written a check that was too big for his ability as a GM to cash...and we are all suffering for it now.

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
RobJohnson said:
Sorry to break it to you folks, but the QB position IS a large part of the reason that the Packers suck this year. Rodgers has not proven that he can win a game, or lead his team to victory in the last few moments. The few times he had the chance, he has thrown picks. He is a game manager, and not a "winner" imo. He may rack up some statistics, but the most important ones, wins--he will not rack up.

We are now seeing the consequences of a reckless, arrogant, and egotistical GM who wanted to get rid of Favre so that this Packer team would be considered "his", and not Brett Favre's. How's that workin' out for you TT, you effin *****? The Defense that's supposed to be considered Thompson's forte, and was considered decent a year or two ago, has been shown to be full of holes, and injuries are not the reason. No depth, no pass rushers, mediocre LB'ers, and a horrible O-Line has been the staple of Ted Thompson's Packers since he got here, and nothing has changed. The only thing I will give TT credit for is the WR corps, and some of the DB's. That's it.

Brett Favre was able to pick apart defenses last year when he got a little time by the oline, because of his talent and experience. Something Rodgers hasn't been able to do because he's not good enough. Favre was able to win games even with no running game and no o-line last year for the first seven games. Now to say that Favre has lost it in one year is ridiculous. He is playing on a team with vastly inferior WR's to GB's (Coles and Cotchery), and they are running an offense that does not play to his strengths. When the Jets can run the ball, Favre can still pick teams apart as witnessed in Tennessee and New England among others. It's when the Jets can't run, the DB's sit on the short routes because the Jets DO NOT have a deep threat at all. There's alot more to this game then simple statistics, if you understand it. Sadly, many don't.

And Longtime, I'd like to know who that "vet" on the Packers was who said, "we finally closed the book on Brett", and how you know it. Right now, that is just heresay, in my book.

TT''s ego had written a check that was too big for his ability as a GM to cash...and we are all suffering for it now.

Do yourself a favora nd go buy a Chicago Tribune for Friday, December 19th. There is a great article in there that proves EVERYTHING YOU SAID IS WRONG. Aaron Rodgers this year actually has better numbers than Brett Favre the past two years combined. It is really great article.

Also, it is pretty hard to say that the Jets do not have a deep threat when Coles and Leon Washington are two of fastest players in the league. Coming out of college, Coles ran a sub-4.4 at the combine.

RobJohnson

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Don't care what some anti-Favre paper has to say...

Coles is old and awful this year...can't get separation for ****. He can't get behind ANYBODY! I know, I watch ALL the games.

Leon Washington is a 5'9 RUNNING BACK, he is not a receiver. So I don't know what your point is there. GB has Jennings, Driver, Jones, and Martin. Can you even name the Jets 3rd and 4th WR's without looking them up?

It is laughable that this paper thinks Rodgers is better than Favre. LAUGHABLE. Why don't you post the article so we can all have a laugh?

The only stat that matters is wins

Favre 9-5
Rodgers 5-9

Should I go on?

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
RobJohnson said:
Don't care what some anti-Favre paper has to say...

Coles is old and awful this year...can't get separation for ****. He can't get behind ANYBODY! I know, I watch ALL the games.

Leon Washington is a 5'9 RUNNING BACK, he is not a receiver. So I don't know what your point is there. GB has Jennings, Driver, Jones, and Martin. Can you even name the Jets 3rd and 4th WR's without looking them up?

It is laughable that this paper thinks Rodgers is better than Favre. LAUGHABLE. Why don't you post the article so we can all have a laugh?

The only stat that matters is wins

Favre 9-5
Rodgers 5-9

Should I go on?

First, nobody involved here is anti-Favre. I loved the guy, but his time is OVER. Also, the writer of the article was and still is very pro-Favre.

"In the fourth quarter of games when the Packers are within seven points of their opponent, Rodgers has completed 46 of 72 passes for 583 yards, four touchdowns and four interceptions. He has completed 63.9 percent of his passes, averaged 8.10 yards per attempt and had a passer rating of 84.4.

Over the past two years, in the same situations, Favre has completed 75 of 126 passes for 793 yards, five touchdowns and five interceptions. He completed 59.5 percent of his passes, averaged 6.29 ards per attempt and had a passer rating of 74.6.

Even when comparing Rodgers this season to Favre over the last two seasons, Rodgers' numbers are more impressive.

Average per attempt: Favre is at 7.31, Rodgers 7.45
Interception percentage: Favre is at 3.2, Rodgers is 2.6
Red Zone paser rating: Favre is 92.7, Rodgers 104.2
Third-down passer rating: Favre is at 82.2, Rodgers 103.7"

Coles is still extremely fast, not to mention Washington is a 5'9'' RB who is split out wide and constantly breaking big plays.

Nobody here is saying that Rodgers is better than Favre, but Favre's time is and was OVER. One man cannot hold a team hostage every single year, not to mention he is 38 years old.

Your "only winning matters" idea is true, but football is a team sport. The Jets benefit from having a better defense and offensive line than Green Bay. If the Packers had Favre this year they'd still be 5-9 because of the defense.

Outside of all this, please go on if you must....

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
wischeez said:
How about we keep the Favre/Rodgers stuff to the correct thread gentlemen.

Believe me, the last thing I want to do is argue is Favre/Rodgers. I was just replying to a post blaming the entire horrible Packer season on TT's decision to let Favre go. I apologize.

RobJohnson

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How do you explain 13-3 last year then?

Oh yeah, this must have been IN SPITE of Favre, I take it.
That's the usual argument.

Man, reality sure does get a twist around here, doesn't it?

Can we please keep the Favre/Rodgers stuff in the correct thread. Thanks.
wischeez

wizard 87

Old Enough To Know Better
Reaction score
RobJohnson said:

Please take off the # 4 underwear and please for the love of god enough with the "if we had Brett " crap . No one is buying it anymore anywhere.
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Your locked out of the locker room crap and all the rest is also hearsay so your points are more or less moot. Bottom line quit while you are ahead before you make a monkey out of this whole subject.
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

RobJohnson

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Really?

TT didn't ban Favre from the locker room?

Sorry, but I'm not the one engaged in revisionist history here, that did, in fact, happen.

Members online

Latest posts