Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
The 8/27 75:

QB 4
Rodgers Harrell Young Coleman
RB/FB 6(10)
Harris Lacy Green Franklin Pease Kuhn
TE/WR 16 (26)
Nelson Cobb Jones Finley Boykin Walker Ross White Mulligan QuarlessWilliams Taylor Bostick Gillett Johnson Dorsey
OL 12(38)
Bakhtiari Barclay Newhouse Sitton Lang EDS GVR Taylor Sherrod Datko Tretter Bulaga
DL 9(47)
Pickett Raji Jones Wilson Daniels Neal Jolly Boyd Worthy
LB 10(57)
Matthews Perry Hawk Jones Francois Manning Barrington Moses Mulumba Palmer
DB 14(71)
Burnett Williams Shields Hayward Hyde House Jennings McMillian Bush Banjo Nixon Smith Fulton Richardson
ST 4(75)
Goode Masthay Tavecchio Crosby

Could sneak in: Cunningham Hines Lewis

Last edited:

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
TJV: I also don't understand the perceived need for Kuhn. With a stable of RBs and TEs the Packers are likely to have, I don't see what Kuhn is going to contribute. Is he that good of a blocker? Short yardage? I'd rather see the ball in Lacy's hands in short yardage full stop.

Unfortunately, there has been some incredible report about Mulumba "blowing up his knee" in a meeting of all things! So it's not clear what his status will be. Jesus, must be some meetings.

IF Neal really has dropped that much weight, I think this may be a good thing in the long run. Perry has not yet lived up to his #1 draft potential and a Neal vs. Perry competition could be just the thing. Plus with Datone Jones as our new DE, assuming he quits spraining his ankle, it allows the Packers to keep a guy like CJ Wilson or Boyd on the roster.
Block on 3rd down, and play ST. Believe it or not, that's all he has to do. You'd think Taylor and Green would have made him irrelevant by now.

Mulumba's knee swelled up in a meeting. Can't find any reports of causation.

Neal stinks in space. No competition whatsoever.

GoPGo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Block on 3rd down, and play ST. Believe it or not, that's all he has to do. You'd think Taylor and Green would have made him irrelevant by now.

He's also our only lead blocker out of the I.

GoPGo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I call bull. Whenever any actual lead blocking needed to be done last year Kuhn was on the bench and Williams or Taylor was leading the way.

On what planet? They all lead blocked and Kuhn has more experience with it.

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
On what planet? They all lead blocked and Kuhn has more experience with it.
This one. Kuhn has a lot more experience at sucking at lead blocking. Hell, the one play against the Rams where they motioned Finley into the backfield even HE was a better lead blocker better than Kuhn

H

HardRightEdge

Roster guesses are no longer ridiculously early but I thought I've revive this thread anyway. (Mods if there's a more current appropriate thread for this, please move this post to it.) Wilde has his roster guess here: http://espnwisconsin.com/common/page.php?feed=2&id=8931&is_corp=1

Too bad Young wasn’t signed in March – but honestly thinking about how Young would do after a full course of McCarthy’s QB school says more about the other backups than Young.

Wilde has Neal as a D-Lineman, so 2012. He's an OLB. In three preseason games I don't believe he's taken a single snap with his hand in the dirt and won't so long as he's at 275 lbs.

Whoever Neal was going against in practice that made him look "unblockable" with his hand out of the dirt may not have a job for very long.

Wilde says "8 or 9" O-Linemen, then proceeds designate as "out" all but 8 of them. He must have meant 7 or 8.

Coleman throws the ball better than Young. Young can run against a man-to-man defense, as in the Seattle game; nobody in their right mind should run anything but zone against him in the regular season...it would stifle the running and confuse him when passing . I'd rather lose with Coleman. Harrell had an OK week 2, a dreadful week 3, but in the end he is physically outmatched in the NFL, and it took 3 years to figure that out.

Here's the thing...one can give MM a pass for having to work with substandard talent or one can give TT a pass for providing talent MM could not develop, but one cannot have both.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts