W - Detroit Lions

Away [4 - 4]
  • L - N.Y. Giants
    L - Minnesota Vikings
    W - Detroit Lions
    L - Dallas Cowboys
    L - St. Louis Rams
    W - Chicago Bears
    W - Denver Broncos (FG by Crosby for the win)
    W - Kansas City Chiefs

I think we go 10 - 6 with my homer pick (beating the Chargers) or 9 - 7, either way I believe we will make it into the playoffs and be out really quick. If we play a NFC North team in the first round, we win, if its any other team, I think we lose.

We have one quarter of the season in the books. I'm gonna throw my last 12 game predictions out. Just because I want to talk about something other than well.. you know :)

Home [6 - 2]
  • W - Chicago Bears
    L - Washington Redskins
    W - Minnesota Vikings
    W - Carolina Panthers
    L - Oakland Raiders
    W - Detroit Lions

Away [6 - 2]

• W - Detroit Lions
    L - Dallas Cowboys
    W - St. Louis Rams
    W - Chicago Bears
    L - Denver Broncos
    W - Kansas City Chiefs

What do you all think?

OP
OP
Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
I say 10-6

And I stand by it. I predicted 2006's 8-8 record and this year Tromadamus predicts 10-6! But I would LOOOOVE to be wrong and have Gb get 11 or 12 wins!

Yeah I got last year right too with 8 - 8 and I predicted 10 - 6 for this year. Just thought I'd bring this back up in hopes of directing discussion to something more entertaining.

WinnipegPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think I would have had us at 2 and 2 right now with losses to Philly and the Viqueens ( Glad I was wrong ) :shock: because it's so nice to be 4-0 !!!

The potential losses I see are to:

Chicago at home this week
Denver away
Dallas away
Detroit away

Throw in one more I am really unsure of, count on everything going well and I can actually see 11 and 5 and I don't believe I am predicting this !!!!

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i like zero's picks for the most part. I say we beat the Raiders, then lose to the Bears away, and lose to the Lions away.

Obi1

Cheesehead
Reaction score
16-0,Superbowl!

How about that running game eh?
Just kidding!

nathaniel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I said without a running game 7-9, with a running game 9-7. Maybe I should just switch those around! Haha. I still don't know. We look good, but like it's been said a thousand times, no running game...it's going to hurt us eventually.

Popcynical

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Popcynical said:
Week 1 - Philadelphia Eagles @ Green Bay Packers W
Week 2 - Green Bay Packers @ New York Giants W
Week 3 - San Diego Chargers @ Green Bay Packers L
Week 4 - Green Bay Packers @ Minnesota Vikings W
Week 5 - Chicago Bears @ Green Bay Packers W
Week 6 - Washington Redskins @ Green Bay Packers W
Week 7 - BYE
Week 8 - Green Bay Packers @ Denver Broncos L
Week 9 - Green Bay Packers @ Kansas City Chiefs W
Week 10 - Minnesota Vikings @ Green Bay Packers W
Week 11 - Carolina Panthers @ Green Bay Packers W
Week 12 - Green Bay Packers @ Detroit Lions W
Week 13 - Green Bay Packers @ Dallas Cowboys L
Week 14 - Oakland Raiders @ Green Bay Packers W
Week 15 - Green Bay Packers @ St. Louis Rams L
Week 16 - Green Bay Packers @ Chicago Bears L
Week 17 - Detroit Lions @ Green Bay Packers W

Looks like 11-5.

I did say 19-0 initially, though...

net

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A major factor in the final numbers will be health. The team has avoided serious injury to key players.

The Bears are a good example. They have been demolished by injuries to key players. They fired Tank Johnson(they should have) plus the QB situation has been up in the air.

The Packers have been healthy, Favre is so far having a great season and the defense is finally the centerpoint of the team.

Underrated at this point is the job McCarthy has done with Favre also McCarthy's general performance has been above par. He was lucky in that he had mostly young, impressionable players to work with and they seem to have bought into the system.

I originally thought 7-9 based on Favre's shaky play in past years, questions about the offense plus strength of schedule.

They are going to lose some games, but if they go .500 the rest of the way they are 10-6 and likely in the playoffs. Amazing what a fast start will do.

OP
OP
Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
A major factor in the final numbers will be health. The team has avoided serious injury to key players.

The Bears are a good example. They have been demolished by injuries to key players. They fired Tank Johnson(they should have) plus the QB situation has been up in the air.

The Packers have been healthy, Favre is so far having a great season and the defense is finally the centerpoint of the team.

Underrated at this point is the job McCarthy has done with Favre also McCarthy's general performance has been above par. He was lucky in that he had mostly young, impressionable players to work with and they seem to have bought into the system.

I originally thought 7-9 based on Favre's shaky play in past years, questions about the offense plus strength of schedule.

They are going to lose some games, but if they go .500 the rest of the way they are 10-6 and likely in the playoffs. Amazing what a fast start will do.
Ah yes, excellent point about health, I didn't figure that in at all. Argh..

Good post and I have to agree with most if not all of it. I thought 10 - 6 at the beginning and don't wanna waver from it, but I threw two more W's in there to see what kind of reaction we'd get. So far, nothing much. :shrug:

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I think we have established some depth at many positions which will at least help in that area. ALL teams are going to experience a loss of players thru injury so it's a matter of staying as competitive as possible when they happen.
This is an area I have hit on over and over regarding the players TT has brought in to strengthen our depth issues. When he first arrived we were thin as a rail in most positions and could hardly afford an injury.

I think we have second tier guys that can step in and play. Not quite to the level our starters are but maybe better than what many other teams will have to live with when their guys start going down.

pack_in_black

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Obviously, health is the wild card in any record prediction, so I'm gonna be the optimist and make a prediction based on overall good health all year, which is what everyone hopes for.

If someone were to say 16-0, people just write you off as a looney homer with an unrealistic prediction.

10-6 seems to be a safe bet, and that was my pick in preseason.

Now, at this point, I'll say 15-1. Damn right. Believe it. We'll get home field advantage and stop the Cowboys @ Lambeau as Favre's farewell game. On an emotional high, the Pack shocks the world (except GB fans) and beats Brady's boys for a championship.

Yeah. I said it. I sound like a total homer, but it's actually true. I am making an honest prediction, and I'll stand by it. Write that **** down, fans.

vechenzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would say if we stay healthy that 13-3 would not be unfeasible. We will not sweep our entire division so forget the 16-0. We'll lose one to detroit, probably on thanksgiving, one to dallas, and i say St. louis(ya know with that offense they wont stay down forever)

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
At the beginning of this year, I said 8-8 or 9-7. Bad Zombieslayer. Bad, bad, bad!

Now I say 12-4, we lose the Championship Game to Dallas. But we win the SB next year. And we sweep da Bears 2 years in a row.

spardo62

Cheesehead
Reaction score
OK, here is my early breakdown:
Philadelphia - McNabb? if he is back may be 1st action will be rusty. Have played in Philly every year - WIN at home.
Giants - No Tiki, Eli still shaky, but Meadowlands tough environment. Pack WIN a nailbiter.
Chargers - LT, Rivers, Gates just too much. LOSS
Vikings - Battle of good D and subpar to dysfunctional offenses, reminicent of last December @ Lambeau. Favre proves difference in low scoring contest -WIN
Bears - Favre might break TD mark in this contest, but will not prove to be enough against the still class of the division. LOSS
Redskins - See above Vikings note, with not quite as good of defense. Packers easily. WIN
Broncos - First meeting with Javon Walker. Denver will fly high in Mile High City. LOSS
Chiefs - GB has struggled with this team forever, and even moreso on the road, however Chiefs will be struggling at QB and D does not impress as in past years. A rare WIN at Arrowhead.
VIKINGS - Make it 2 over divison rival that is looking for answers(and a head coach?) WIN
PANTHERS - Not as formidable as in previous years, but will have enough to squeek past GB at home LOSS
LIONS - Trouble in Detroit and on Thanksgiving, plus an improved Lions team. LOSS
COWBOYS - More trouble in Big D as Romo defeats hometown team. LOSS
RAIDERS - Improved from 2006, but still no match for GB especially in December. WIN
RAMS - Payback for loss last year, GB pulls out victory on the Road. WIN
BEARS - Bears complete sweep of GB, no December letdown this year. LOSS
LIONS -Favre's swan song, doubtful -but if it is he goes out a winner and puts GB in playoff contention. WIN

9-7

So far I am only 1 game off, I picked a loss to SD. With what I have seen through 1/4 of the season, I see 1 or 2 additional wins from my July post so I will go 11-5. No being swept by the Bears and probably a win at home over the Panthers.

Members online

Latest posts