REPORT: Eddie Lacy talking to P90X creator about training

GreenBaySlacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lacy 2 years ago worked all off season from regular workouts, to combine training, straight to training camp... On his own, he reverted back to Xbox and taco bell, like most guys his age.

All he needs to do is look at Adrian peterson. He says he works harder than everyone else( which even saying that proves he is pushing harder than 100 percent) and when he hits the field it is his opportunity to prove it by making everyone else look bad. It works. You can see the determination in every step he takes.

Lacy just got called out by his head coach. This year was a huge step backwards. From comparisons to beast mode and ap, to ummmmmmm where's Eddie?

Lacy is at a crossroads, for sure. But I think the packers family will rally behind him. And he will step it up. A beast will be in camp next spring I bet.

Crockett&Tubbs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lacy 2 years ago worked all off season from regular workouts, to combine training, straight to training camp... On his own, he reverted back to Xbox and taco bell, like most guys his age.

All he needs to do is look at Adrian peterson. He says he works harder than everyone else( which even saying that proves he is pushing harder than 100 percent) and when he hits the field it is his opportunity to prove it by making everyone else look bad. It works. You can see the determination in every step he takes.

Lacy just got called out by his head coach. This year was a huge step backwards. From comparisons to beast mode and ap, to ummmmmmm where's Eddie?

Lacy is at a crossroads, for sure. But I think the packers family will rally behind him. And he will step it up. A beast will be in camp next spring I bet.
Speaking of Beast Mode, remember, Marshawn himself was NOT Beast Mode until he got spit out and sent away from Buffalo, to Seattle. He was always hurt in Buffalo, and had a s****y attitude up there. As many do in Buffalo, especially a ghetto Cali boy from Oakland like Marshawn.

I just hope it's not another team that gets the best of Lacy after his 2nd round pick rookie contract runs out..

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
I'm not going to claim I know a lot about the the P90X system, but the little I have read points to a program that when it is combined with a good nutritional regiment, it has shown very favorable results. Lacy doesn't seem to be suffering from a lack of muscle, more from a lack of conditioning and good dietary habits. So I hope that whatever he does in the off season, the main focus are those 2 things and in the process a toning of his muscles can't be anything but a bonus.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I did it for about a month and a half and lost probably 15 or so lbs. I hurt my knee pushing it too much though. The program is awesome and will build that strong lean muscle that has endurance not bulky short winded stuff. If Lacy truly follows what Horton lays out for him Eddie could be ridiculously better this next year.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
I did it for about a month and a half and lost probably 15 or so lbs. I hurt my knee pushing it too much though. The program is awesome and will build that strong lean muscle that has endurance not bulky short winded stuff. If Lacy truly follows what Horton lays out for him Eddie could be ridiculously better this next year.

The key word is....."If"

I did a little research, but couldn't find any examples of other Pro NFL players that have used the system and what their results using it were. Anyone?

As most of us know, the easy part if "getting into shape" is buying the club membership, books, videos, equipment, etc. The difficult part is doing the work. Let's hope Eddie does the work, because he should have the motivation.

Packers907

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I like it!! Show some true dedication to the team and do whatever is neccessary. The potential is there, just has to be brought back from his rookie year.

jrock645

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I guarantee any program Horton designs for Lacy will be 100x's as intense as p90x. Nothing against p90, but it's designed to get the average joe in shape. This is a professional athlete with natural ability most couldn't even fathom. Even out of shape Lacy looked pretty impressive at times. If Lacy really is getting the treatment from Horton, and has really committed himself to it, this could be flat out scary.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I guess Eddie now knows what it felt like for Carrie Fischer once Star Wars came out, with everyone obsessing about his weight. I wonder if he listens to Megan Trainor's "All About That Bass" a lot?

Wolf Packer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Southbank, Molineux, Wolverhampton, England
Problem with following a program like P90x is that it isn't sport specific. It'll get him into a good condition, which will be a good starting point. But he also needs to continue working on explosive movements, he's a RB, making short sprints and crashing into people, he isn't a soccer player running around for 90mins.

D

Deleted member 6794

Problem with following a program like P90x is that it isn't sport specific. It'll get him into a good condition, which will be a good starting point. But he also needs to continue working on explosive movements, he's a RB, making short sprints and crashing into people, he isn't a soccer player running around for 90mins.

That's true but the most important thing for him to do this offseason is to lose weight and get in better condition. Once that is achieved the coaching staff can work on Lacy getting in football shape, starting in OTAs.

Ogsponge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What I find interesting is that for a young man like him, it it seems that this program is going to the extreme. At his age it is pretty simple, stop shoveling so much food into your face and get some exercise and the pounds will melt away.

Hello I just decided to do the same thing starting 35 days ago but cutting out Mountain Dew, eating normal size portions and hitting the gym 4 times a week and have shed 21 pounds in that time frame at the age of 44.

Lacy simply needs to eat less, hit the gym and do weight training that involve complex movements and some cardio and he will is golden.

yooperpackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What I find interesting is that for a young man like him, it it seems that this program is going to the extreme. At his age it is pretty simple, stop shoveling so much food into your face and get some exercise and the pounds will melt away.

Hello I just decided to do the same thing starting 35 days ago but cutting out Mountain Dew, eating normal size portions and hitting the gym 4 times a week and have shed 21 pounds in that time frame at the age of 44.

Lacy simply needs to eat less, hit the gym and do weight training that involve complex movements and some cardio and he will is golden.
I don't have a problem with Lacy getting involved in this type of training.
It sounds like the kid needs some serious structure to keep him on track.

What I'm curious about is why the Packers training staff and head coach couldn't provide the needed structure to keep him in shape.

OP
OP
Wynnebeck

Wynnebeck

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Packers training staff can only do so much. It's up to Eddie to stay committed and eat better. Besides, if one of the best fitness gurus today wants to train you and get you back in shape, why would you say no?

Latest posts