REPORT: Eddie Lacy talking to P90X creator about training

Wynnebeck

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Via TMZ, P90X creator Tony Horton is in talks with Lacy regarding a training regimen. The news comes only days after Horton went public (in comments to TMZ) with interest in working with Lacy.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...-lacy-talking-to-p90x-creator-about-training/

Not going to lie, my heart jumped into my throat when I saw the news. If Horton can whip Lacy back into shape in time for training camp and get him lighter without losing muscle, we might be seeing the return of the Hulk.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Um...if the Hulk gets serious, watch out. Lacy is a lovable giant and a gentle soul really when you watch interviews with him and such. This has always been serious business to him but not as much ownership seems to have been taken in it. If Lacy starts training with the likes of Horton....not gonna lie this could be AMAZING!

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Can you imagine a lighter footed Eddie spin...it already is deadly because a big guy shouldn't have hips like him...

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Funny thing is, every NFL athlete has the means to hire a personal trainer, build a gym in their home, etc. But at the end of the day, it takes dedication and desire to take the necessary steps to get in and stay in shape. Let's hope this is the case for Lacy. I am guessing a gym owner can tell you just how many unused memberships they sell right after New Years, for all those resolving to "be in better shape" for the New Year.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Is the training staff really bad enough that Lacy has to buy a DVD to get into shape?

Not sure how old this article is, since the year isn't given. However, there are limits on how much a player can train in the off season in the teams facility. Also, remember that many of the Players don't live in GB in the off season. Bottom line, off season training is somewhat left to the motivation of the individual player. We just have to hope that Eddie is highly motivated.

http://a.espncdn.com/nfl/columns/clayton_john/1550442.html

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lacy needs to see this as a chance to write his future financially. I am the last man to thump about money as it truly doesn't matter in the end, but if I had millions potentially on the table coming up, I'm working my butt off to grab it. RBs these days get their rookie and then the one big contract chance...very rare anymore RBs get that 2nd big chance. He may see this and for that reason alone he may get motivated.

Pride though should do it all on its own...but doesn't always work, if he is the man he seems to be I am betting all the talk (as unplugged as he is he still gotta hear it) is getting to him.

azrsx05

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think he wanted to put on the weight on this year to bull doze people. But it backfired on him. He realized too late it wasn't going to work and just could not regain his shape. He will probably be the hardest worker this offseason and prove he is no fluke and get his paycheck. He is such a humble guy and I know he will do what it takes

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think he wanted to put on the weight on this year to bull doze people. But it backfired on him. He realized too late it wasn't going to work and just could not regain his shape. He will probably be the hardest worker this offseason and prove he is no fluke and get his paycheck. He is such a humble guy and I know he will do what it takes

His character I could see go both ways, either he is gonna be an extreme workhorse or be content being whatever Eddie is being...kinda love that part of him. I hope for the team's sake he can do the first and still love/content with himself :D

ShockwaveRider

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Um...if the Hulk gets serious, watch out. Lacy is a lovable giant and a gentle soul really when you watch interviews with him and such. This has always been serious business to him but not as much ownership seems to have been taken in it. If Lacy starts training with the likes of Horton....not gonna lie this could be AMAZING!

It might not hurt if Packer Nation got solidly behind Eddie and supported him in his efforts to get in better shape rather than criticizing him or mocking him.

I'm sure none of us reading this are fat or periodically ram too many cheeseburgers down our neck or pour too many beers in our belly.

I like that Eddie gets the visibility of working out with Tony Horton and vice-versa. A bunch of my friends did this P90X thing with fairly amazing results.

C'MON EDDIE, PACKER NATION IS 100% BEHIND YOU.

We can pound cheeseburgers and beers after you get your bust enshrined in the Packer Hall of Fame.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It might not hurt if Packer Nation got solidly behind Eddie and supported him in his efforts to get in better shape rather than criticizing him or mocking him.

I'm sure none of us reading this are fat or periodically ram too many cheeseburgers down our neck or pour too many beers in our belly.

I like that Eddie gets the visibility of working out with Tony Horton and vice-versa. A bunch of my friends did this P90X thing with fairly amazing results.

C'MON EDDIE, PACKER NATION IS 100% BEHIND YOU.

We can pound cheeseburgers and beers after you get your bust enshrined in the Packer Hall of Fame.

P90x whipped my butt into shape...over did it though and is why my patellar tendon is semi-tore to this day and never healed right. Thing is legit though! I remember first upper body workout...my arms and chest were so tired I could not dry myself off after the shower.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score

Yes, I can see your point. :coffee:

ShockwaveRider

Cheesehead
Reaction score
P90x whipped my butt into shape...over did it though and is why my patellar tendon is semi-tore to this day and never healed right. Thing is legit though! I remember first upper body workout...my arms and chest were so tired I could not dry myself off after the shower.

I'm too old and fat to even attempt P90X. My buddies were ex-Marines / ex-Army Rangers and such and just wanted to get back into better physical shape after they got out of the service. Plus they are a good 25 years younger than me.

But yeah, the results I saw of P90X were pretty much amazing. And my one buddy still pounded his one Big Mac every day (his food weakness).

Love your photo of Bart + Aaron. Where did you get it?

Spent the first 10 years of my life pretending I was simultaneously Bart Starr and Carrol Dale.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm too old and fat to even attempt P90X. My buddies were ex-Marines / ex-Army Rangers and such and just wanted to get back into better physical shape after they got out of the service. Plus they are a good 25 years younger than me.

But yeah, the results I saw of P90X were pretty much amazing. And my one buddy still pounded his one Big Mac every day (his food weakness).

Love your photo of Bart + Aaron. Where did you get it?

Spent the first 10 years of my life pretending I was simultaneously Bart Starr and Carrol Dale.

Honestly not sure anymore where I got it. I would love a picture of them + Favre and signed....dream shot and signatures.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Honestly not sure anymore where I got it. I would love a picture of them + Favre and signed....dream shot and signatures.

Think of how much this would be worth signed by all 4!

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Crockett&Tubbs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If Eddie does not get in shape again, do you guys think this will be his final year as a Packer? It's his 4th season and final year of his rookie deal.

I'm looking over this, and it seems to me really for the most part, your best RB seasons are from backs about 26 & under. I guess that wear & tear takes a toll, even if not torn ACLs and such.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/leaders/rush_yds_single_season.htm

Shout out to Ahman Green, that 2003 season should have resulted in a Super Bowl appearance, but Farve in OT, and 4th & 26.... dang.

CashInFist

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Funny thing is, every NFL athlete has the means to hire a personal trainer, build a gym in their home, etc. But at the end of the day, it takes dedication and desire to take the necessary steps to get in and stay in shape. Let's hope this is the case for Lacy. I am guessing a gym owner can tell you just how many unused memberships they sell right after New Years, for all those resolving to "be in better shape" for the New Year.
You got to want it baby.

D

Deleted member 6794

If Eddie does not get in shape again, do you guys think this will be his final year as a Packer? It's his 4th season and final year of his rookie deal.

If Lacy doesn't show up in shape and struggles again next season there's no way the Packers sign him to a lucrative long-term deal.

jrock645

Cheesehead
Reaction score
P90x is a good home workout but in my experience, but its nothing compared to power lifter training and some of other methods available to these guys. Also, the long lever type movements in p90x are not favorable on the joints and soft tissues the way traditional compound lifts are.

Either way, i hope Eddie finds the motivation to get into a program this offseason that works for him. Hopefully the issues he had this year spark some inner fire for him to reach his level.

Members online

Latest posts