1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Report: Al Harris to be released on Monday

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by ivo610, Nov 7, 2010.

1. Kitten

Kitten Feline Cheesehead Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,427
    That is a very good question. Is Harris even medically sound/ cleared for play? I'm not only talking the next several weeks, I'm talking the season. It would be foolish to claim a player that is not likely to see game play and whose future is uncertain. I bet the Vikings sign him!

2. A12ROD903

A12ROD903 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +22
    True, have to take the severe injury into consideration.

3. Mack_20

Mack_20 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +7
    I have always been a big Al fan, he has made some very exciting game changing plays for us. I hate to see him go, I would like to keep him over Pat Lee, Underwood, Bush, Ect. But them going to this extent, has to mean there is still more wrong with all physically due to his injury.. Hope somehow we keep him, but if not, thanks for the memories Al, Good luck in your future, would love to see you become a secondary coach, you have a lot of knowledge!

4. Veretax

Veretax Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +6
    He came off the PUP list which makes me think he passed a physical. SO I'm not sure where you are getting that.

5. Mack_20

Mack_20 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +7
    He actually is yet to come off the PUP list, they have to make a decision on it today? or am I wrong on that, thats the understanding I have, that the deadline to decide is today.. I really am not sure if he has taken a physical yet, but he hasnt been off the PUP yet, week 6 was only the first week they'd be eligible

6. billysofly

billysofly Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    yeah sad... he was a good person too i remember meeting him at five-six

7. A12ROD903

A12ROD903 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +22
    Its official guys.... Al has been released.

8. News Bot

News Bot News Bot

Ratings:
    +45
    Packers Release CB Harris

Source: Packers.com

9. YoKramer

YoKramer Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +29
    That really sucks but there is something that the Packers know that we dont, and it wouldnt surprise me that the reason is he isnt 100%. I really like Harris and wish him the best in the rest of his career

10. 98Redbird

98Redbird Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +234
    Very sad to hear this, but I had a feeling this is the way it would go down. You could just tell by the way people were acting, and the fact that Bigby was activated and Harris wasn't. I guess I can't blame them, I mean our three guys are playing VERY well together right now and we never saw Harris perform after his surgery/rehab. I'd bet he's not the same player. Like I said in another post, the coaches see him every day, we don't.

That being said, I wish Al the VERY best in his future, and I would like to see him sign with someone else and have success. I would like to see him live out his desire to play til he's 40.

Class act and true professional Al Harris is.

Thank you for the memories.

11. Mack_20

Mack_20 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +7
    My condolences to 3irty1, sorry man..

12. DoubleC4

DoubleC4 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +10
    i will buy a harris jeersey to wherever he goes next. as long as it isnt an nfc north team.

13. Kitten

Kitten Feline Cheesehead Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,427
    Don't worry 3irty1, we will help you through your Harris withdrawal. :icon_cry: :crybye: :icon_sad:

14. Jordan

Jordan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +7
    Your going to be missed buddy!!!! Please dont go to Minn lol!!

15. PWT

PWT Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +60
    The Green Bay Packers have released CB Al Harris[​IMG]. The transaction was announced Monday by Executive Vice President, General Manager and Director of Football Operations Ted Thompson.

Harris, who was acquired by Green Bay from Philadelphia in a trade in 2003, started all 102 games he played in for the Packers over seven seasons (2003-09). He was named to the Pro Bowl in 2007 and 2008 and earned second-team All-Pro honors from The Associated Press in 2007. Harris set the Packers’ single-season record for passes defensed (tracked since 1982) with 28 in 2004, and he posted 14 interceptions and 108 passes defensed during his time in Green Bay.

16. 3irty1

3irty1 Fear the Dreads!

Ratings:
    +115
    :cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

17. red4tribe

red4tribe Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +286
    It's kind of sad to see him go. He's been on the Packers for such a long time now. I suppose the best memory I have of him is the INT return for a TD against Hasselback in the 2003 playoffs. I do wish him the best of luck. I hope to see him the Packers Hall of Fame someday.

18. Recursive

Recursive Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    CLASSIC MOMENT WITHOUT A DOUBT

"We want the ball and we're gonna score!" hahaha

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JzpowxGfVFE]YouTube - We want the ball and we're gonna score[/ame]

19. Green_Bay_Packers

Green_Bay_Packers Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +110
    Poor 3irty1

*hugs u*

It will be ok

20. dbain21

dbain21 Chicagoland Packer Fan

Ratings:
    +111
    This made me sad on a happy monday. It stinks Harris didn't even get to fight for his job, I wish him the best of luck.

21. PackersRS

PackersRS Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +979
    this and the Bears MNF where he picked Cutler, will forever be in my mind.

I will try to forget as hard as I can the NFCC Giants game...

22. Green_Bay_Packers

Green_Bay_Packers Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +110
    Which game is that NFCC game?

23. PackAttackUK

PackAttackUK Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +26
    I am devestated :(

Someone better release a We Still Love Al Harris shirt or something!!

24. Oklahoma_Packer

Oklahoma_Packer Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +19
  25. Murgen

Murgen MechaPackzilla

Ratings:
    +584
    The National Football Conference Championship game against the Giants where Harris was owned by Plaxico Burress all damn game.

Al Harris was embarrassed by him plain and simple. Embarassed is probably too light a word to describe it. More like whipped like a dog, made Plaxico's ******, sent to timeout, Beyatch slapped, Punked, and finally discarded like a year old stale french fry under a car seat. That about sums up how he got owned by Plaxico in that game.

btw.. Burress has been sued 9 times since joining the NFL. What does that tell you about him. He wants to return to football once he gets out of Prison. Looks like the Eagles have a new WR coming.

Still, I liked Al Harris and I'm sad to see him released.