Releasing Favre was genius...and other 08 observations

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I remember back in March when Brett told the world he was weary of all of the offseason work it takes to play QB in the NFL. Because Brett didn't work out like he needs to for a player of his age it is no surprise he faded down the stretch. Could Brett's distain for offseason conditioning be one of the things that made MM think Brett wasn't committed last summer?

Reaction score
all im wondering now for brett is how much he really loves this game. does he have the balls to come back from a bad season every one on new york hates him now.All i have to say is if brett favre comes back which i dont think so but ill have to give him some props

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
Releasing Favre was absolutely the right move. I thought it at the time and Rodgers confirmed it this year with his play. He's the farthest thing from the reason why we went 6-10. People ragging on him because he didn't come back at the end of games tend to completely leave out that Rodgers left his team with a lead late in the 4th very frequently. Then if the D goes out and does it's job and gets a stop, we win. But they didn't do that. Look at the Texans game, the Panthers, and heck, we would've beaten the Vikings and the Bears if Crosby could hit a field goal at the end. Favreonites should really realize that as great as he was in GB, he was terrible this year. He threw a ton of picks, made some terrible decisions, and was probably one of the worst QBs in the league coming down the stretch. What was it, like 2 TD passes and 9 picks in their last 5 games? Those are just the kind of numbers you want when fighting for a playoff spot. Not only do I think we were better off with Rodgers this year, I think the team actually would've been worse with Favre this year.

And that's my rambling rant. I'm done now. :lol:

wizard 87

Old Enough To Know Better
Reaction score
This topic is locked.I warned all of you that Favre /Rodgers went in one topic only. Go to the classic area.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts