Relax! Pack is better than Dallas.

Packman4Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
KGB and Woodson make a huge difference in this Dallas game. The Pack is better than Dallas when these two are in the line-up. More pressure on Romo if KGB is in the game and much better covergage if Woodson is in the game! These two guy's will be back next week, they are not gone for the season. The Pack just needs to make sure they get the bye in round one. If they get there, they will win in Dallas with or without Brett.

How about Rogers! I am not worried about the future at ALL!!!

With all of the injuries, the Pack was down 3 late in the game on the road! C'mon, this is a very good Packer team that continues to get better. I believe they can and will make it to the Super Bowl........ Winning it will be a tougher task obviously.

I was very concerned that McCarthy pushed the desperation swith however, there was no need to do that with Brett given the Pack's 1st drive. The Pack went back to their offense with Rogers and look what happend! They almost pulled it out.

Do not worry Packer fans, this team is better than Dallas.

flep

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We held them after a shaky start and at one point looked as though we could win. Get the injured players back and (most importantly) stick to what we do best on offense (no more long bombs - please) and we will get to the championship game and get our revenge.

kmeyer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
KGB and Woodson make a huge difference in this Dallas game. The Pack is better than Dallas when these two are in the line-up. More pressure on Romo if KGB is in the game and much better covergage if Woodson is in the game! These two guy's will be back next week, they are not gone for the season. The Pack just needs to make sure they get the bye in round one. If they get there, they will win in Dallas with or with out Brett.

With all of the injuries, the Pack was down 3 late in the game on the road! C'mon, this is a very good Packer team that continues to get better. I believe they can and will make it to the Super Bowl........ Winning it will be a tougher task obviously.

I was very concerned that McCarthy pushed the desperation swith however, there was no need to do that with Brett given the Pack's 1st drive. The Pack went back to their offense with Rogers and look what happend! They almost pulled it out.

Do not worry Packer fans, this team is better than Dallas.

I agree completely. I just made a post up above on my take the day after and it mirrors your opinion. We are in great shape. We just need to secure that first round by and start resting guys. If healthy we will beat them!

OP
OP
P

Packman4Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yep! I think the Pack is in very good shape! Brett said he will play next week after the long layoff.

BryanAschenbrenner

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Dude come on, we aren't as good of a team as Dallas and we showed it. I'm love the Packers as much as the next fan, but don't blind yourself to think KGB and Woodson would have changed this dramatically.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Dallas, in my view, is a LITTLE better. We hung with them, with some of our main guys out. They were at 100%.
Who knows? We might not face them again. Remember a few years ago, the Vikings were 15-1 and crusing? The FALCONS took them out in the playoffs. ANYTHING can happen. Romo or TO could get hurt before season's end. (No, i'm not wishing that, just saying who knows what lies in the future?)

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I'm worried we lose him after next year. TT will most certainly try to extend him after this year, but that doesn't mean he has to accept it. Think of how many teams would love to have Rodge (The Vikings for Christ sake!)

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Dude come on, we aren't as good of
a a team as Dallas and we showed it. I'm love the Packers as much as the next fan, but don't blind yourself to think KGB and Woodson would have changed this dramatically.

I think the thing that would've made the biggest difference is if we would've stuck to what's been working for us all year... Man coverage! our D backs looks LOST the entire game.

Rios39

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Keep in mind we were playing short handed. They took advantage of No Woodson Rouse or KGB. They went right for Bush in coverage and Al Harris seemed to be trying to cover 2 guys at once every play.

Chamuko

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yes I think we can beat them..

It is better to be beaten during the regular season BUT WIN THE BIG ONE in Playoffs.

So I believe we will face the cowgirls again for the conference title and I believe we can beat them..

Also I dont fell bad at all because I got a chance to see Aaron Rodgers play in a real game and he did great.... Our QB of the future IS in the team.

So lets heal, let our guys lick theyr wounds, lets get a healthy team with a strong revenge desire and lets beat those bastards in the important game !!!

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Keep in mind we were playing short handed. They took advantage of No Woodson Rouse or KGB. They went right for Bush in coverage and Al Harris seemed to be trying to cover 2 guys at once every play.

Which obviously ended up being Harris covering no guys. Don't get me wrong, the safety help was non-existent too. And I don't need to hear anything about zone coverage, and over/under responsibility. Injuries are part of the game, and you have to make do. Woodson didn't play, maybe if he had, we would've played man on, like we're used to, but our defensive secondary was a complete mess, which is the fact of the matter. We didn't show up to play.

packerfan4ever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
your all right we play like we have been and get a bye week guys stay healthy rogers is doing a good job,shows he can play in big games go pack go the rest of the way

Tiger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
is ARod doing Matt Schaub=esque stuff for the Packers? Teams are bound to come calling for him soon.

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Dude come on, we aren't as good of a team as Dallas and we showed it. I'm love the Packers as much as the next fan, but don't blind yourself to think KGB and Woodson would have changed this dramatically.

So your saying that Dallas would have gone after Woodson like they did Bush and been just as successful and KGB would not have put some pressure on against an OT that is known to have trouble with speed rushers?

Whose wearing the blinders here?

Dallas lives and dies by the pass and losing Woodson really doesn't matter? Yeah right.

I will add that Brett was having a horrific game out there which contributed greatly to the 27-10 spread that had to be overcome in the first place.

I will give you this. If Brett plays THAT BAD again if we get the Cowboys I will say they will beat us again. On the otherhand if he plays the way he's played all year we are every bit as good as Dallas.

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
BryanAschenbrenner said:

So your saying that Dallas would have gone after Woodson like they did Bush and been just as successful and KGB would not have put some pressure on against an OT that is known to have trouble with speed rushers?

Whose wearing the blinders here?

Dallas lives and dies by the pass and losing Woodson really doesn't matter? Yeah right.

I will add that Brett was having a horrific game out there which contributed greatly to the 27-10 spread that had to be overcome in the first place.

I will give you this. If Brett plays THAT BAD again if we get the Cowboys I will say they will beat us again. On the otherhand if he plays the way he's played all year we are every bit as good as Dallas.

There's a comfort zone that comes from playing the same type of game week in and week out. our game is man on corner coverage, and we struggled badly because we didn't play that game. let's hope wood can come back and we can put this ugly game (except Rodge's impressive performance) behind us.

BryanAschenbrenner

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Adding KGB and Woodson wouldn't fix all the problems we have going on versus good teams on defense. The score of the game misrepresents how bad our defense was.

Rios39

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Adding KGB and Woodson wouldn't fix all the problems we have going on versus good teams on defense. The score of the game misrepresents how bad our defense was.

Our WHOLE defensive scheme changes when we can't play man to man on the outside with harris and woodson. Harris had too much on the go had to tell everyone what to do was trying to cover 2-3 guys at once.

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
BryanAschenbrenner said:

Our WHOLE defensive scheme changes when we can't play man to man on the outside with harris and woodson. Harris had too much on the go had to tell everyone what to do was trying to cover 2-3 guys at once.

i agree.

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why is it so hard for you guys to accept that the Cowboys proved they are a superior team?

they kicked the **** out of us, no doubt. but they brought their A game, we did NOT. it goes beyond our injuries. We just played awful. not saying we would've beaten them had we brought our A game, but I do not feel that the Cowboys are a superior team.

spardo62

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They were definately the better team last night and the biggest difference was the line play. Their DL killed out OL and their OL killed our DL. That plain and simple was the main difference in the game.

Yes, our DB's struggled, however, Romo did not have any pressure until late and even then it was not fast and furious. Corey Williams was nowhere to be seen last night, and missing Jolly was certainly a factor. On the offensive side, Tauscher looked like his ankle was giving him a lot of problems and Colledge was pulled due to his poor play. Brett played one of his worst games of the season(if not the worst). I attribute some of the DB troubles to lack of pressure from the DL, also missing Woodson hurt. Combine this with the fact that Bigby has little ball awareness and the Cowboys moved Owens to take away the direct matchup with Harris - leaving Harris to sometimes cover other receivers and not being in position to get a clean jam at the line of scrimmage was a recipie for disaster.

However, the results show that a disaster was averted, in that GB was still in the game late in the 4th quarter. Lessons will be learned from this game and applied to a potential rematch in the playoffs. That being said, our 2 lines will need to perform better to alter the results.

castlebravo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
bozz_2006 said:
Why is it so hard for you guys to accept that the Cowboys proved they are a superior team?

they kicked the **** out of us, no doubt. but they brought their A game, we did NOT. it goes beyond our injuries. We just played awful. not saying we would've beaten them had we brought our A game, but I do not feel that the Cowboys are a superior team.

Cowboys brought their B game, not their A game. The Owens give-away to Harris in the end zone, the call on 4th and 2 to give the ball to Jones (who falls down when a stiff breeze blows by) was idiotic, and the softening of the defense and abandoning the blitz once A-Rod came in. Also, there was some poor tackling and pursuit angles on the Grant touchdown, and on several receptions by Green Bay receivers.

Both of these teams have lots of things to work on for their rematch. It certainly wasn't a case of the Cowboys playing perfect and Green Bay almost winning.

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
We are not better until we line up with whoever is playing and beat them on the field. Period.

We have a world of tape to watch on them against us... if MM is the coach and student of the game I believe he is.. his coaching staff will have some wrinkles built in to help in pass protection, coverage and other areas of play.

We at this point are the 2nd best team in the conference... point blank.

spardo62

Cheesehead
Reaction score
bozz_2006 said:
BryanAschenbrenner said:

Cowboys brought their B game, not their A game. The Owens give-away to Harris in the end zone, the call on 4th and 2 to give the ball to Jones (who falls down when a stiff breeze blows by) was idiotic, and the softening of the defense and abandoning the blitz once A-Rod came in. Also, there was some poor tackling and pursuit angles on the Grant touchdown, and on several receptions by Green Bay receivers.

Both of these teams have lots of things to work on for their rematch. It certainly wasn't a case of the Cowboys playing perfect and Green Bay almost winning.

Sorry, but based on what I have seen from the Cowboys this year last night was awful close to their A game, at least an A-. Either that or they were able to chalk up 10 wins with a C game on your grading scale.

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
bozz_2006 said:
BryanAschenbrenner said:

No, but what your trying to point out is what Dallas didn't do perfectly and then say they should have been better. TO misses balls. It's well documented so you can't say that or that their D is nuts out and usually never misses tackles because the Dallas D has been MARGINAL all year.

Dallas played about as well as I have seen them play and certainly so on defense so to say they're normally much better is rediculous. Could they have played PERFECT and never missed a play or a tackle? Well, I guess so but don't hold your breath on that. They ain't THAT good.

Latest posts