Recorded Broadcast of Super Bowl I Found

VersusTheMoose

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Great post, interesting read. Shocking really. I would love to watch that game, what Packer fan wouldn't?

TheSnowPlow

Driving Don Shula Crazy
Reaction score
That is awesome! I've wanted to see that game for as long as I can remember!

OP
OP
cheesehurdler

cheesehurdler

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You know what's interesting? Super Bowl I wasn't even called the "Super Bowl". It was called "The First AFL vs. NFL Championship Game of Professional Football". I don't think that the NFL made the title "Super Bowl" official until Super Bowl III.

I can see how the title "Super Bowl" caught on, though.

But I gotta agree with you guys, this is amazing. All that needs to happen is for a random bystander to come up with a recorded broadcast of the Ice Bowl and my life as a Packer fan will be complete.

Texpackerfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Amazing! I just watched America's game and saw some clips I have never seen before.

Obviously, it's not the whole game but I would love to watch SB I with Bart Starr and crew or any full game with them from the 60's.

VersusTheMoose

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I thought it wasn't until the third one, they made the previous two retroactively named? Now I gotta go look...

Could easily be, I just have always had the image of SB II having the Super Bowl name associated. That logo I posted may have been made later, no idea.

TheSnowPlow

Driving Don Shula Crazy
Reaction score
Could easily be, I just have always had the image of SB II having the Super Bowl name associated. That logo I posted may have been made later, no idea.

Wiki says:

Tickets for the games played in 1967, 1968, and 1969 were printed with the title "World Championship Game"

Although I was loathe to post that, for fear fans of a certain team would claim they don't count as Super Bowls. :happy0005:

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think they will ever again bury any more SB games so deep in the vault.

Texpackerfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sometimes the NFL organization ****** me off. They offered him only $30,000 for the tape?! They know it's worth way more than that.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts