1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Announcement is LIVE: Read the Forum Post

Receivers coach likes Driver — maybe better than Walker

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by Zero2Cool, Apr 30, 2006.

1. Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool I own a website

Ratings:
    +8

2. LambeauEast

LambeauEast Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Re: Receivers coach likes Driver — maybe better than Walke

(IMO) Driver was quite literally Brett's only real weapon last year...fighting double teams most of the time and STILL being very productive. Add to that the asap debunking of any "I"m not happy" talk before it could fester. We love Donald.

3. P@ck66

P@ck66 Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +0
    At least he's got ONE legitimate target this year...

(Way to go...TT..!)

4. ahaug82

ahaug82 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0

We all know how good Driver is. The only problem is who will line up on the other side of the field in the #2 spot. Does Gardner have what it takes to fill that role? Hopefully, because if he doesn't Driver will get blanketed by defenders like he was last year.

If Gardner can play up to his potential and put up solid numbers like he did in Washington we'll have a good offense this year.

5. fvre4mvp

fvre4mvp Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0

Don't rule out the fact that we might be able to get a good #2 once teams make cuts to sign draft picks.

6. GakkofNorway

GakkofNorway Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I think Greg Jennings has a chance to become our #2 receiver. He's kind of a Donald Driver type, only with more talent..

7. PackerSacker54

PackerSacker54 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Of course they're going to skew things to make Driver sound like the better receiver since they are now stuck with him at the #1 spot.Walker(when healthy)> Driver....truth hurts. IMO opinion the Packers should've gotten a better deal for Walker than they did.

8. musccy

musccy Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1

nail on the head fvre...I've made it quite clear that I'm not too happy about losing Walker...HOWEVER...w/ Lucas ripping it up in NFLE, 3 picks in the draft, Fergy, Gardner, and june 1 cuts...there's a lot of time and potential to find an adequate compliment to Driver.

9. PackerLegend

PackerLegend Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0

I think Gardner can be the number 2, Donald Driver easly is and can be the number 1 reciever anywhere.

10. packers34

packers34 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    driver has been and always will be better then walker. just a all around good guy.

11. porky88

porky88 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Driver is a fine #1. It's who's going to be the #2. Greg Jennings is potentially a solid #2 but as a rookie I don't expect him to be a game changer. Ferguson signed a cute contract extenison. How bout proven something now. Gardner has potential as well and needs to step it up. If one of those 3 guys emerges then we'll be ok. My guess is Driver, Gardner, Jennings, and Ferguson play as our top 4 WR's. That's not too bad but we'll need to establish a running game.

12. Brooks87

Brooks87 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0

Hopefully Fergie can step up to the plate and produce.Time will tell if not i like Greg Jennings too.

13. agopackgo4

agopackgo4 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I would agree that Driver is a great person. Definitly better than Walker. But I dont see how anyone can think that Driver is better than Walker... I dont see it. Driver makes his fair share of great catches, but he drops a nice ammount of passes that are right in his hands too.

14. agopackgo4

agopackgo4 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Just one thing to add that I forgot. I dont believe for 1 second that Driver is a ligit number 1 reciever. No way...But only time will tell this year and we shall see. He is definitly better than Fergy or anyone else we have. But better than Walker.....I dont think he is.

15. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    1000+ yards the last 2 seasons.

I always thought he was pretty average, but the last two years (how he did it last year when he was the ONLY reciever, and was double teamed the entire second half of the season is amazing) he really proved a lot to me!

I went from "Average driver" to "yeah, hes a #1 WR"

16. Packnic

Packnic Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +6
    look at drivers numbers... he has produced more consitently and whined way less than anyone. Plus he plays the game like he loves being out there.
    screw being a better person than walker... he has been a better receiver... walker had ONE good year and hes a dick. driver has had several good years and he isnt a dick.... good riddance walker we got plenty for him if you ask me.
    we shall see how good walker is when hes got plummer throwing to him instead of favre

17. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    Driver is always smiling

in the huddle, he is smiling
    at the LOS, he is smiling
    as he catches the ball, he is smiling
    as he is running from defenders, he is smiling
    as he scores TDs, he is smiling
    as he is getting hit, he is smiling

him and hines ward were cut from the same clothe (is that the phrase?)

18. arrowgargantuan

arrowgargantuan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4
    yeah, but no "e" in the word "cloth"...

19. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    can i sell a vowel?

20. DePack

DePack Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    Nobody has questioned Driver as a person or his attitude. His story is awesome, but I don't believe he is a #1 WR. True #1's are still productive when they are doubled and open up the game for the other receivers. Our problem last season is that when Donald was doubled he wasn't as productive and alot of teams didn't even bother to double him, thus the other receivers didn't benefit.

I love Driver. I think he is a GREAT #2 receiver in this league. It doesn't look like we will have a "true" #1 receiver this seaon but maybe the new scheme will put to use the weapons we have. I'm really hoping Jennings steps up big time.

Driver, Gardner, Jennings, Ferguson is respectable but won't put alot of fear in defensive coordinators.

21. Fizz

Fizz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Rod Gardner is capable of becoming a #1 reciever. McCarthy has assembled a staff who can get the job done with the receivers.

Look for another veteran WR after June 1st

22. P@ck66

P@ck66 Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +0
    No it's not respectable DePack..

(a rookie and Ferguson..??)

This has been the Pack's problem for YEARS...

NO premiere #1 receiver..(since Sterling Sharpe..that's why TT should have tried to work things out with Javon earlier...like last year...but he blew it!)

No Moulds..No TO...nobody...

(If the Packers don't get the running game going this year because of the O-line...and if Favre doesn't get protection...you can pretty much count on this year being much like last year! Except he will probably check down alot more..and be frustrated because the Pack won't be able to score in the Red Zone...especially now that there's no Longwell....)

Sorry Brett..but screwed you again...

Being an ex-linebacker..TT only concentrated on defense...and once again a Packer GM has left you with very little weapons....Sorry it had to end like this Brett...maybe you should have considered the Denver Broncos...)

23. DePack

DePack Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    Well respectable was as far as I was going. I do think not having that one stud will hurt.

Of course Robinson is going to say that about Javon/Donald. What else can he say? If he feels that Driver is really as talented as Walker then we have a problem.

24. GakkofNorway

GakkofNorway Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    talking about TT destroying the team Pack66, if he had brought in Moulds or TO he would truly have been destroying the team. Do you ever learn?

TO has destroyed two teams already, and Moulds isn't exactly helping his.

25. krd005

krd005 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0

I don't think TO destroyed anything.......A player can't destroy a whole team.

I do wonder why Denver would pay Wlker the money he is worth and we won't, but TT knows what he is doing.......I hope

I do think that people need to calm down a little bit about our draft. A lot of people around here are talking like we had the best draft in the history of the draft. I'm sure every team feels the same way guys. I see only one difference maker out of the group but hopefully I'm wrong