1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Reasons why we will repeat

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by FrankRizzo, Feb 10, 2011.

1. FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,679
    #1- History repeating itself. We went to Super Bowl 1. And 2.
    We went to Super Bowl 31. And 32.
    Now we went to Super Bowl 45. So 46 is natural.

#2- We are the last NFC team to repeat as NFC Champions and make it back to the Super Bowl.

#3- Some of our key guys are still DEATHLY-HUNGRY for their glory. Jermichael Finley, Ryan Grant, Mike Neal, Morgan Burnett, Brad Jones, Brandon Chillar.... they want their spotlight too.

#4- Rodgers gets better every year. His completion % has gone up a notch every year as starter.

#5- Confidence. Speaks for itself. But also the belief in the coach. He now has won as many Super Bowls as Bill Cowher and Tony Dungy did. Instant credibility now with everyone.

#6- Luck. This year, we had a record amount of IR'd players. That has to go down next year. (Although to be fair, Rodgers, Matthews, Woodson, Jennings are our best 4 players and none of them were on IR and they only missed about 4 games between them, so that turn into bad luck there)

I want to keep pointing this out:
    [​IMG]

What are some other reasons?

2. greenandgold

greenandgold I'm Dirty Hairy Callahan

Ratings:
    +473
    Because we are like the youngest team in terms of years playing?

On the other hand, everybody will be gunning for us next season. If (Or should I say when!) we repeat, we will have done very good.

3. Forget Favre

Forget Favre Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,803
    Schedule.

TT making some smart draft picks and other changes to the line up.

Players having confidence in Aaron Rodgers.

The Packers want another one. If they want it badly enough it could happen.

Defense.

Youth.

Experience.

4. PackCrazed4

PackCrazed4 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +187
    The stats of Brett vs. Aaron are chilling in their close proximity, the difference of the two ever so slight. Yet as Aaron has a marginal edge on Brett in overall statistics, he must also have the edge next season by doing exactly what Brett did, get to a second Super Bowl, but win it this time.

5. Green_Bay_Packers

Green_Bay_Packers Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +113
  6. Forget Favre

Forget Favre Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,803
    4 Mason jerseys.
    A sig pic featuring Mason.
    And now your reply.

Why? Are you a fan of Mason Crosby or something?
    Perhaps you could make that a bit more obvious next time. :biggrin:

7. GWheels

GWheels Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +208
    Rodgers, Jennings, Finley, Matthews, Woodson, Sitton, Hawk, Williams, Collins, Grant,.................................the list just keeps going.....

8. gbpack12_2_89

gbpack12_2_89 Bleeding Green and Gold

Ratings:
    +192
    Because we are the best!!!!!!

9. fettpett

fettpett Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +217
    I think the biggest difference is that Wolf built a team to be winners quickly. TT has built at team to last and has no problem dropping guys it's they get either too big for their britches or old.

Both succeeded but TT might be the better long term guy

10. rawalabhay

rawalabhay Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +32
    One word CBA. Need to have a CBA before there is a season! The talks in DC seemed to have failed and there are no set dates for any other meetings.

But if there is a season and we stay healthy there is a good chance we get back!

11. Zeck180

Zeck180 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +173
    If we do go to SB 46, lets win it and not do a SB 32. It'll tie us with Dallas and San Fran with 5 Lombardi's plus we'd be 14 Time World Champs.

12. fettpett

fettpett Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +217
    eh...the CBA will get figured out

13. PackwillBEback

PackwillBEback Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +40
    The CBA just won't get figured out. I think people really don't realize how far apart they are. There will not be a deal in place until at the very earliest End of August/Early September. I wouldn't be surprised if it was October. That really hurts the Packers chances sadly. MM is all about scheduling and even missing OTAs will be a hit to the Packers because MM and the Packers are so detail oriented when it comes to a schedule.

14. fettpett

fettpett Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +217
    sure it will, both the owners and union know how screwed they'll be with fans if they don't get it figured out, 3 weeks is a long time to get something figured out. and 5 months is an eternity

The NFL knows what happened to Baseball and Hockey when they went on strike/lockout. They wont let it happen in the NFL.

the guys affected the most are rookies and any FA's brought in, everyone else will be ok

15. Green_Bay_Packers

Ratings:
    +113
    Im trying to make it hard so that people dont know I like Mason

• Like Like x 1
  16. PackersNumber12

PackersNumber12 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +11
    Ya I honestly think we will be better next season. Crazy to think we ended this season with a 6 game winning streak. 3 playoffs and 1 Super Bowl.

• Like Like x 1
  17. arrimike

arrimike Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +12
    There is nothing wrong with Mason Crosby. I'm calling for a breakout year here pretty soon. I'm also still waiting on the majestic 70 yard field goal that he supposedly can make... Well, that was back in college when he played in Colorado and the ball flys forever over there.

18. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,273
    Reasons we will

1. Health - little to no chance the injury bug hits us again like it did this year.
    2. Passing offense and defense - the two most important things about winning, and we have have great talent at QB position and the CB and S positions. Even with Woodsons decline the team has enough depth.
    3. emergence of the rookies from 2010 and 2011 - several of our rookies made strides this season but a few more who the coaches were extremely high on ended up on the the IR, they will be a great addition.
    4. Lock out - players and coaches arent allowed contact, so that greatly benefits the playoff teams. The time to put in a new system and work players in will most likely be cut back and thats going to help us.
    5. finley - he gets worked into the offense and we will have one of the best in the league again. But thats the key, worked into the offense, not the offense around Finley. It helps that the opponents are going to have to go back aways to find tape of us with finley.

Reasons we wont return
    1. Its tough - no team has done it in over 10 years in the NFC.
    2. NFC East, NFC South - two great and deep conferences that will give us a run for our money for years.
    3. Finley - if they go back to the offense we had before Finley went down we will not return to the SB. We can not force the ball to Finley and leave Jennings a 3rd option as he was at times in the offense at the start of the year.
    4. concussion - Rodgers go down with a few more of these and we will struggle to win games, no two ways about it.

19. Pat4DaPack

Pat4DaPack Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +180
    Heres the reason, we are the best team with the guys who won it. Get the IR guys and we are by far the best team

20. FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,679
    The concussion to Aaron is also my biggest concern.
    That's why I want the NFL to be even more vigilant about hits to the head, hits with the head.

21. Murgen

Murgen MechaPackzilla

Ratings:
    +585
    I hope this possible lockout doesn't screw up our repeat chances if it happens. That would piss me off.

22. Green_Bay_Packers

Ratings:
    +113
    Would that matter though?

Cause we would still be defending champs?

23. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,273
    dont worry, it helps us. Alot. They wont cancel the entire season but the less time teams have to study us and make their own changes helps up. Players and Coaches cant have contact so its going to benefit the playoff teams from this year who dont need to make as many changes.

24. FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,679
    I wonder how they would revise the schedule.
    Divisional games are a must.

Remember, we needed everything to happen the right way for us down to week 16 & 17 to just squeek in as the 6th seed.

25. JBlood

JBlood Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,312
    new spec teams coach. new o-line coach.