Really late breaking news: Packers expelled from professional football

OP
OP
GreenGoldAngel

GreenGoldAngel

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
In 1921 and it was the AFPA, the American Football Professional League, not the NFL.

Well done. Actually it happened in January, 1922, after the Bears complained about Green Bay cheating by using two Notre Dame college players in a game. Curly Lambeau traveled to Canton, Ohio to apologize. He paid a $250 franchise fee, the Packers were reinstated, and that is when Lambeau became owner of the team.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well done. Actually it happened in January, 1922, after the Bears complained about Green Bay cheating by using two Notre Dame college players in a game. Curly Lambeau traveled to Canton, Ohio to apologize. He paid a $250 franchise fee, the Packers were reinstated, and that is when Lambeau became owner of the team.
And it was the Chicago Staleys at the time. By the Time the Pack was reinstated, they had changed to the Bears.

What is funny to me is that there was an advantage to using college players. That would be considered a huge disadvantage these days.

Also, there was another team called the Chicago Supremes. ahhh, I was gonna go with a Diana Ross joke, but nahhhh.

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cool, I thought it was something current at first, LOL!

I thought it was a case of someone hitting the crack pipe a little too much. If this were real, and current, it would have made HUGE news yesterday.

If Josh McDaniels and Bill Belichick can keep their jobs, I can't see a reason for any team to get kicked out short of owners buying off officials or something.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
I thought it was a case of someone hitting the crack pipe a little too much. If this were real, and current, it would have made HUGE news yesterday.

If Josh McDaniels and Bill Belichick can keep their jobs, I can't see a reason for any team to get kicked out short of owners buying off officials or something.

LOL, that was my reaction when I first read the topic title and before I read the thread itself. It's a kind of funny play on words!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts