RB's had 85 yards

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wynn, 50 yards off 10 attempts (and 2 touchdowns)

Jackson, 35 off 17 attempts.

Last week, GB had 17 TOTAL rush attempts.

The running game is coming.

millertime

Cheesehead
Reaction score
85 yards is nothing to brag about. At least the run game gave us just enough to close out the game. Wynn has surprised a lot of folks. I'll hold off a week before I drink the cool aid.

rabidgopher04

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The only down side to this is that if someone is able to shut down our passing game (which is bound to happen sooner or later) we don't really have another option to move the ball.

pack_in_black

Cheesehead
Reaction score
85 yards is nothing to brag about. At least the run game gave us just enough to close out the game. Wynn has surprised a lot of folks. I'll hold off a week before I drink the cool aid.

"Just enough"? It was a 22 point win, lol. And Wynn's 40-yard dash at the end was the nail in the coffin.

The run game got it done today in a hostile environment, and the o-line bested a strong NYG defensive line.

Far from dominant, I agree- but as Trom said, the run game is coming.

OP
OP
tromadz

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
85 yards is nothing to brag about.

Compared to last week, it really IS.

Good mix of run and pass, the playaction was there. The SCORING was there. TWO RUSH TDs.

It IS something to brag about, millertime!

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Actually, the running game was still crap, for the most part. But unlike last week, it wasn't TOTAL crap. It was just plain old ordinary crap. That's progress, I guess. Luckily, all other phases of the game were pretty good today, so it was a nice win.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
The only down side to this is that if someone is able to shut down our passing game (which is bound to happen sooner or later) we don't really have another option to move the ball.

and we koow the running game wont ever come around with 15 more games to play

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Greg C. said:
Actually, the running game was still crap, for the most part. But unlike last week, it wasn't TOTAL crap. It was just plain old ordinary crap. That's progress, I guess. Luckily, all other phases of the game were pretty good today, so it was a nice win.

:lol:

The thing is, screw the running game. We started killing them once MM realized that the running game sucks and we abandoned it completely.

We have a top 5 QB in Brett Favre. Let the man do his magic. Once Favre started passing, it was lights out for the Giants.

Hopefully with Morency coming back next week, we'll have a running game. If not, we need to do what it takes to win, which is rely on our top 5 QB. Favre made E Manning look like Wrecks Grossman today.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Greg C. said:

Unlike last week, Green Bay's running game actually showed flashes of production. You saw it out of DeShawn Wynn and you've seen it out of Brandon Jackson at times.

GB also got a nice screen setup for Ryan Grant as well which lead to the Wynn 2 yard touchdown. This without the starter on the team. The Pack are far from a top 15 rushing offense but the flashes we saw at least gives us HOPE of a respectable one.

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Greg C. said:

The thing is, screw the running game. We started killing them once MM realized that the running game sucks and we abandoned it completely.

We have a top 5 QB in Brett Favre. Let the man do his magic. Once Favre started passing, it was lights out for the Giants.

Hopefully with Morency coming back next week, we'll have a running game. If not, we need to do what it takes to win, which is rely on our top 5 QB. Favre made E Manning look like Wrecks Grossman today.

Exactly. That's what I said before the game. Let Favre sling it up there 50 times a game if that's what it takes.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Greg C. said:
Greg C. said:

Exactly. That's what I said before the game. Let Favre sling it up there 50 times a game if that's what it takes.

Yeah. I remember you saying that and I agreed with you then and I'm agreeing with you now. :)

Ok. I better stop posting and let the Mrs. use this computer. She's giving me that look.

evad04

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I can't disagree that today was an improvement in the run game. But anything could be considered an improvement.

It's refreshing to see a 40 yard TD run (hasn't happened since Mia/GB game last year unless I'm mistaken); but break down the numbers. Wynn's other TD run was a 6 yard draw (excellent play-call, excellent execution). So... 10 carries for 50 yards and 46 of them came on the scoring runs. That's 8 other carries for 4 yards (.5 yards per carry for those who struggle in math). That's pretty terrible. You can't even blame the RBs, either, because they got blown up IN THE BACKFIELD at least a handful of times. Jackson looked good early and had a decent YPC, but the o-line just gave up on him towards the end. I'm very pleased with Wynn's explosive ability. I also liked how we ran enough to be able to use play-action a few times. But we played a bad passing defense today, so I should sure hope that the passing game would do well. Offensive line needs to get its **** together. San Diego and Minnesota PUNISH the run and have playmakers.

WinnipegPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wynn, 50 yards off 10 attempts (and 2 touchdowns)

Jackson, 35 off 17 attempts.

Last week, GB had 17 TOTAL rush attempts.

The running game is coming.

Agreed trom, I have been very worried about this aspect of the game, it was fantastic to see it start to work !!!

evad04

Cheesehead
Reaction score
all about da packers said:
We're progressing, and that is great to see.

O-line played loads better (and can still improve), and our RBs played better (and can still improve).
O-line played loads better in regards to pass blocking. Run blocking was pretty atrocious today. Not being a curmudgeon... just stating a fact.

Reaction score
Just to add, in this O scheme Brett said that HB screens are essentially runs as well, and if you count our short passes to the HBs and Korey Hall, we easily had over 100 yards of "rushing" today.

PackerLegend

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We need Vernand Morency BACK! That will help, on a couple of plays i have no idea what the O-LINE was doing but they were letting alot of people go untouched and kill our RB's.

Reaction score
all about da packers said:
We're progressing, and that is great to see.

O-line played loads better (and can still improve), and our RBs played better (and can still improve).
O-line played loads better in regards to pass blocking. Run blocking was pretty atrocious today. Not being a curmudgeon... just stating a fact.

I agree, but there were small holes here and there, and on a few instances B-Jack hit those holes and had 5-7 yard pickups.

There is still a long ways to go in our run blocking, as evident by the 3 or 4 instances when our RB took the handoff, and got stuffed about a fraction of a second later for a loss.

That said, the small holes being there on a few instances is much better than what was there last week.

dhpackr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wynn is coming along, B-Jack looks good coming out of the backfield and catching screens and checkdowns.

Right now, I think Wynn should be the starting RB against the Chargers!

Members online

Latest posts