Ranking The Top 10 Best And Worst Packers Of All Time

captainWIMM

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He DIDN'T take Bo Jackson over a 7 round period as well and INSTEAD took Fullwood.

To be fair, no other team selected Jackson until the Raiders took him in the seventh round after he was abundantly clear he was pursuing a career in baseball.

On top of it, he refused to play for the Bucs who selected him first overall the previous year.

Favre 2 Superbowl appearances, in back to back years 3 Time MVP in back to back to back years

Rodgers 1 Superbowl 3 Time MVP over a 10 year period.

I said what I said and stand by it, and have the stats to back it up.

I don't think Favre making it to one Super Bowl more than Rodgers backs up your point of view.

There are many individual stats that support the case for Rodgers being the superior quarterback.

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Decided to get a side by side comparison of Favre (as a Packer) and Rodgers playoff stats counting SBs

If I've done the math right ....

Favre: 5,311 passing yards, 39 TDs, 28 interceptions, 33 sacks taken for 214 yards lost, 3 fumbles lost, about an 86.3 average rating, and a 12-10 overall record

Rodgers: 5,669 passing yards, 45 TDs, 13 interceptions, 50 sacks taken for 329 yards lost, 5 fumbles lost, a 100.5 rating, and 11-9 overall record

Bottom line, SB appearances notwithstanding, I rest my case that Rodgers postseason stats trump Favre's

Last edited:

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Oh and to add to that, Favre was backed up by Fritz Shurmur's impenetrable defenses for the first seven years, and hence got back to back SB appearances. Rodgers had to deal with defense playoff blunders giving up 37 points or more five times in his career. Favre only had that happen 2x - once in 1995 vs Dallas and in 2001 vs Rams - and in that last one he handed that garbage Rams defense 21 of their 45 points off of his interceptions. Rodgers never even came close to being that bad in playoff games.

RicFlairoftheNFL

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Decided to get a side by side comparison of Favre (as a Packer) and Rodgers playoff stats counting SBs

If I've done the math right ....

Favre: 5,311 passing yards, 39 TDs, 28 interceptions, 33 sacks taken for 214 yards lost, 3 fumbles lost, about an 86.3 average rating, and a 12-10 overall record

Rodgers: 5,669 passing yards, 45 TDs, 13 interceptions, 50 sacks taken for 329 yards lost, 5 fumbles lost, a 100.5 rating, and 11-9 overall record

Bottom line, SB appearances notwithstanding, I rest my case that Rodgers postseason stats trump Favre's

How many NFC Championships did each win? I'd rather have the wins than the stats, as would any forward thinking Packers fan...cause those NFC Championships mean more chances at a Superbowl and as it stands it's Favre 2 Rodgers 1

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Slick Ric put Rodgers on the Favre teams and he is 2-0 in SBs. Put Favre on the Rodgers teams and he is 0-1. As a forward thinking Packer fan its all good by me as either way the Packers are 2-1.

captainWIMM

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How many NFC Championships did each win? I'd rather have the wins than the stats, as would any forward thinking Packers fan...cause those NFC Championships mean more chances at a Superbowl and as it stands it's Favre 2 Rodgers 1

You need to consider that football is a team sport. Favre definitely benefitted from the Packers having an elite defense in both seasons they made it to the Super Bowl. Unfortunately Rodgers never had one of these units aside of in 2010.

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Slick Ric put Rodgers on the Favre teams and he is 2-0 in SBs. Put Favre on the Rodgers teams and he is 0-1. As a forward thinking Packer fan its all good by me as either way the Packers are 2-1.

I might go so far as to say 3-0. No way he would have thrown 6 ints vs the Rams.

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Either way, the ridiculous narrative that just keeps constantly being promoted by anti Rodgers suckers like Ric is why us Rodgers defenders get pissed and feel the kind of animosity that we do. No question Favre was a great QB which is why I put him in the top 10 list. But there's just no question Rodgers gave us better chances to win even in playoff games we lost than Favre would have.

RicFlairoftheNFL

Cheesehead
Reaction score

You're telling me with Jordy Nelson Favre doesn't win a superbowl? With JerMichael Finley Greg Jennings and Jordy he doesn't win a Superbowl? With ANY version of Davante Adams he doesn't win a Superbowl? Then again Schultzie...you know nothing, you saw nothing you weren't even here when it happened were ya?

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I gotta give you props on your finishing touch. To answer the question. I wasn't there but I was here.

captainWIMM

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I might go so far as to say 3-0. No way he would have thrown 6 ints vs the Rams.

That didn't happen in a Super Bowl though.

You're telling me with Jordy Nelson Favre doesn't win a superbowl? With JerMichael Finley Greg Jennings and Jordy he doesn't win a Superbowl? With ANY version of Davante Adams he doesn't win a Superbowl? Then again Schultzie...you know nothing, you saw nothing you weren't even here when it happened were ya?

The Packers might have won the Super Bowl with Favre (in his prime) on the 2010 roster but other than that they wouldn't made it to another one since with him either.

speakhands

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Whoa, how was Don Hutson not on the Best list in the OP?

Best:
1. Vince Lombardi (if we're counting coaches)
2. Bart Starr
3. Aaron Rodgers
4. Don Hutson
5. Brett Favre
6. Ray Nitschke
7. Curly Lambeau
8. Sterling Sharpe
9. LeRoy Butler
10. Reggie White
Honorable Mention: William Henderson

Not sure about worst, but I'll give it a shot:

1. Brad Jones (seriously, no love for this game-killing oaf?)
2. Tony Mandarich
3. Justin Harrell
4. Martellus Bennett
5. Joe Johnson
6. Terry Glenn
7. Tim Masthay
8. John Michels
9. Jamal Reynolds
10. Ahmad Carroll

Crow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm sorry but any Packers top 10 list that doesn't include Don Hutson or Jerry Kramer loses any credibility on that point alone. I'll play though.

1. Bart Starr
2. Reggie White
3. Brett Favre
4. Jerry Kramer
5. Aaron Rodgers
6. Don Hutson
7. Charles Woodson
8. Leroy Butler
9. Ray Nitschke
10. Jordy