Rams fire Incognito

Incubes12

Bay Harbor Butcher?
Reaction score
Two days after benching, Incognito released by Rams

Okay, now for a number of reasons, I don't think I, myself, would want him on the Pack. If for some reason, TT was interested, here's what turns me off to him:

1. Lang is doing pretty well right now
2. The rest of our line seems to have fallen together, for now (and against mediocre rushers)
3. His clear attitude problems
4. He's prone to penalties

However, his upsides:

1. The Rams have always had a decent run game (whether that's due to him or not, I don't know, but he may help)
2. He's fairly young
3. Maybe the benching/release has taught him that he can't get away with those problems (or maybe he wanted to be released?)

Either way, what do you guys think?

NYPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DEFINITELY NOT! The guy clearly has attitude issues and considering how penalty prone our OL is, bringing in this guy makes it a hell of a lot worse, best decision made by the Rams all season.

OP
OP
Incubes12

Incubes12

Bay Harbor Butcher?
Reaction score
Yeah, that's more or less how I felt about him. There's not really any proof that he has done anything to merit a tryout anyways. On top of that, he's so friggin' temperamental.

DILLIGAFF

Cheesehead
Reaction score
NO, this is the NFL (not for long) a professional league, not a school where men with problems and issues learn while making big time money. He learned NOT FOR LONG with the Rams and I would hate to see that kind of person in the Green Bay locker room. We have such a good group of quality character guys, I would hate to see that disrupted.

You can say what want about Randy Moss, TT should have gone after him but look at the stuff he is pulling this year once things start to look a little shaky. This is one area that I can applaud TT in not going after players with character issues.

Hauschild

Cheesehead
Reaction score
With the Packers' current O-line situation, beggars shouldn't be choosers. TT is in no position not to at least give his due-diligence to the situation. Think of it long-term. We may be ok for the rest of this season, but what about next? What happens if Cliffy and Tausch cannot go any longer?

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
All it takes is one bad apple and the locker room can get all messed up. I hope the Vikes sign him. He would fit the personality of that team.

Mack_20

Cheesehead
Reaction score
In coming to Green Bay, he would be coming into a good situation, a situation he would be happy with. He would arguable step in as the best O-lineman on the team, and a playoff caliber team. The O-Line has been playin a lot better, but its not a permanant thing. . We still need help and lots of it... I hope we give him a shot

OP
OP
Incubes12

Incubes12

Bay Harbor Butcher?
Reaction score
It doesn't matter anymore. Apparently the Bills signed Incognito. They needed him. Apparently Buffalo is trying to become the new Dallas.

Mack_20

Cheesehead
Reaction score
funny i was thinking the same thing about them becoming the cowboys.. maybe pacman will be making a return to buffalo sometime soon

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
Never heard of Incognito ... must have flown under my radar. I may have seen him play but didn't recognize him. Ok... sorry....

the guy sounds like Ross Verba reincarnate. I don't think that ANY player that cannot control their rage or internal demons is worth the gamble.

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
It's worth the gamble when your team is horrible. Granted it's a suckers bet.

His future teammate had this to say about him.

From profootballtalk:
"Bills linebacker Kawika Mitchell, who won a Super Bowl with the Giants, has been on injured reserve for most of the year. We've interacted with him via Twitter, and we like him.

We like him even more tonight, because he hasn't held his tongue regarding his team's most recent personnel move.

In response to our tweet regarding the Bills' decision to claim Incognito on waivers from the Rams, Mitchell sounded off: "BIGGEST DISAPPOINTMENT THIS YR. THE GUYS A BUM. DIRTY AND ALWAYS WILL BE. REALLY WISH I WAS PLAYIN RITE NOW. SERIOUSLY... I KNO WE'RE N NEED OF OLINE BUT THIS GUY SUKS BALLS."

I bet Jeff Query is proud of Mitchell for getting that gay reference in there.

Members online

Latest posts