r-e-l-a-x (?)

D

Deleted member 6794

I still say MM shuts down the offense way too much...the Lions game was the perfect example of this...he needs to use the Bilichick approach of never letting up no matter how far ahead the team may be...

Yeah, why let facts get in the way of your gut feeling??? :rolleyes:

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I still say MM shuts down the offense way too much...the Lions game was the perfect example of this...he needs to use the Bilichick approach of never letting up no matter how far ahead the team may be...
I agree that the play calls can be aggressive or conservative, but it really does come down to the players. You still have to go out and beat the guy across the line, and I don't see that when we get the leads. It may be the players more than the play caller, but of course a mix of both.

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As has already been discussed here, the Lions game is a prime example of exactly the opposite. I'm not going to rehash that 2nd half in painful detail since we have done that already. But in the Packers 3 drives (they had only 3 plus the final drive where they ran out the clock) nothing about them was conservative. All of them were a mix of pass and run. One ended because of an offensive penalty, another because of a dropped pass. Your reactions are a classic case of frustration and assumptions without looking at the actual facts.

grampi

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah, why let facts get in the way of your gut feeling??? :rolleyes:
Don't give me that garbage. I know what I see, and what I see is the Packers giving up huge leads way too many times...it may not cost them that many games, but it's going to come around and bite the team in the ***, like it did against SEA in the NFC championship game 2 years ago...why allow teams to hang around when they could just pet 'em away for good?

Last edited:

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Don't give me that garbage. I know what I see, and what I see is the Packers giving up huge leads way too many times...it may not cost them that many games, but it's going to come around and bite the team is ***, like it did against SEA in the NFC championship game 2 years ago...why allow teams to hang around when they could just pet 'em away for good?
what are you talking about? I think INT's in the endzone, jordy stumbling and Rodgers' pass being off by inches for a TD, a couple special teams gaffs, some answered prayers for Russell Wilson and those sort of things were the reasons for the loss, but hey, whatever. Keep thinking it was because MM shut the team down

H

HardRightEdge

Uh, they won the game. You need a better example.

H

HardRightEdge

what are you talking about? I think INT's in the endzone, jordy stumbling and Rodgers' pass being off by inches for a TD, a couple special teams gaffs, some answered prayers for Russell Wilson and those sort of things were the reasons for the loss, but hey, whatever. Keep thinking it was because MM shut the team down
The defense went in the tank down the stretch, with an assist from Hawk and Jones on special teams. There's no other way to slice and dice it.

D

Deleted member 6794

Don't give me that garbage. I know what I see, and what I see is the Packers giving up huge leads way too many times...it may not cost them that many games, but it's going to come around and bite the team in the ***, like it did against SEA in the NFC championship game 2 years ago...why allow teams to hang around when they could just pet 'em away for good?

The offense not getting any first down on their last two drives before Seattle took the lead for sure contributed to the Packers loss but don't ignore that the defense giving up 206 yards, three touchdowns and a two point conversion in the last four minutes of regulation and in overtime as well as Bostick mishandling the onside kick were the primary reasons for it.

Don't forget about the offside the referees missed on Rodgers first interception, a call that would have given the Packers the ball at the Seahawks 24, most likely resulting in at least another three points.

H

HardRightEdge

Not getting first downs on two possession late in a game with a decent lead pales in comparison to the defensive collapse and the special teams gaffs. There's no other way to look at it. Capers should have been fired along with Slocum.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I agree 100%

Heard something from TJ Lang on wssp... I also had heard this from another source...

He IS trying to go for the big play to quiet people.

It has been addressed and according to what I heard, he may have finally decided to stop playing that way , and go back to what we expect .
Aaron listened . . .

He is back

Shawnsta3

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I love Aaron and glad he's "back" but this r-e-l-a-x stuff has gotten so out of control it seems like people will use it whenever he's not playing up to his capabilities. That would be on Aaron, not my heart rate lol

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I agree 100%

Heard something from TJ Lang on wssp... I also had heard this from another source...

He IS trying to go for the big play to quiet people.

It has been addressed and according to what I heard, he may have finally decided to stop playing that way , and go back to what we expect .
There is my quote..

He did listen

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

RELAX was what the doctor said to me just before he inserted the camera recently, and I didn`t feel comfortable with that either :x3:

H

HardRightEdge

RELAX was what the doctor said to me just before he inserted the camera recently, and I didn`t feel comfortable with that either :x3:
Here in the States they put you under general anesthetic for that procedure. Best sleep you'll ever get. But I get you. Around here if you don't want to pay the out of pocket for a prostate lab test, most docs will do it the old fashioned way at no additional charge. :eek:

I

Here in the States they put you under general anesthetic for that procedure. Best sleep you'll ever get. But I get you. Around here if you don't want to pay the out of pocket for a prostate lab test, most docs will do it the old fashioned way at no additional charge. :eek:

We are tough in the U.K. ;) General anathesic is for *******....lol We just make like a turkey and bite the leather strap :roflmao:.

I

Seriously I had the option of a general, but I was alone at the hospital so that was not an option on the day. They allowed me to have gas and air. Still very unpleasant.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Seriously I had the option of a general, but I was alone at the hospital so that was not an option on the day. They allowed me to have gas and air. Still very unpleasant.
Glad they didn't make you hold your breath and let you have air. Bet they charged for it though.

Latest posts