r-e-l-a-x (?)

CowboysFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As I said the other day as a Dallas fan who has seen Aaron Rodgers terrorize my team pretty much every time he has faced them I would want no part of this guy as far as having to face him down the road. He didn't all of a sudden forgot how to play quarterback. He's in a funk and all it takes is one big game to get out of it. Obviously the Bears aren't a very good team, but it doesn't matter. They're still an NFL team and it appears Rodgers has found a rhythm.

OP
OP
King of Jeans

King of Jeans

Cheesehead
Reaction score
from this game it appeared as though a LARGE part of our offensive problems is the speed of our receivers. NO separation until the second half.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This Was the Bears..this is nothing to get to high over. The Bears are just as beat up as we are. This staff cannot..and I repeat!!! CANNOT think that the same predictable offense Scheme is going to work against a good team. I said in another post Rodgers would need to throw himself into rythem..but they have to get creative with there play calling good lord. Same 4 pass plays and formations.

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
from this game it appeared as though a LARGE part of our offensive problems is the speed of our receivers. NO separation until the second half.
I think this game really showcased what Rodgers is dealing with ...Receivers struggle to get ANY separation on a consistent basis.

Shawnsta3

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just as Rodgers wasn't as left for dead on the side of the road as they said he was last week, I'm not going to say he's all the way back this week. The Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. But a wins a win. Go Pack!

OP
OP
King of Jeans

King of Jeans

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not high. I know who we were playing. but you can't deny that you feel SLIGHT relief with our win tonight.

OP
OP
King of Jeans

King of Jeans

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think this game really showcased what Rodgers is dealing with ...Receivers struggle to get ANY separation on a consistent basis.

Yeah for sure. I have no idea what happened. Our receivers used to be widely considered one of the most consistent groups in the NFC, at least the division. maybe age is a factor?

or the play calling................?

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not high. I know who we were playing. but you can't deny that you feel SLIGHT relief with our win tonight.

You always feel some relief when you win..but there is more discomfort than "relief " im sure of that. As long as MM and Bennett are calling the shots on offense with this group of WRs...I'll continue to feel discomfort. They don't really do anything to utilize Davis or Janis deep speed. Every freaking long pass is set up for Jordy Nelson smh

C-Lee

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That second half was necessary, but there is a lot of work to be done.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This Was the Bears..this is nothing to get to high over. The Bears are just as beat up as we are. This staff cannot..and I repeat!!! CANNOT think that the same predictable offense Scheme is going to work against a good team. I said in another post Rodgers would need to throw himself into rythem..but they have to get creative with there play calling good lord. Same 4 pass plays and formations.
Yeah, and right there late in the 4th quarter, they had the chance to put in the dagger and go for another TD.
As always, McMuffin is playing to not lose instead of playing to win.
We will not get to another SB with that attitude.
Sure, we had the game in the bag by then but why the hell not run up the score????

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I will finally start to R-E-L-A-X when the Pack is back and that won't be until they prove themselves at beating teams that are better than them.
I could see our season already in trouble when in the first week we barely beat the Jags who were then blown out the second week by a different team.
Sorry but we should have beat the Jags by more than 3.

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah, and right there late in the 4th quarter, they had the chance to put in the dagger and go for another TD.
Sure, we had the game in the bag by then but why the hell not run up the score????

Why is it that every single time the Packers don't score late, somebody assumes McCarthy stopped going for the dagger and ignore what actually happened?

On their final drive (other than the kneel down) they would have had a first and goal if not for a penalty and then they passed on the very next third down....

So, how exactly did they play not to lose?

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why is it that every single time the Packers don't score late, somebody assumes McCarthy stopped going for the dagger and ignore what actually happened?

On their final drive (other than the kneel down) they would have had a first and goal if not for a penalty and then they passed on the very next third down....

So, how exactly did they play not to lose?
Maybe your right and I'm getting upset over nothing.
The Bears did stop them.

Going for it on 4th down instead of the FG would be a start.
Or more passes to the end zone
I dunno. I just feel like we are seeing the same old thing which will not help the Packers win when it matters most such as in playoff games.
McMuffin is a conservative play-caller who refuses to change.
Time for him to go.

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Bears did stop them.

I dunno. I just feel like we are seeing the same old thing which will not help the Packers win when it matters most such as in playoff games.
Time for him to go.
Apparently you don't remember trying and failing on 4th and goal in the first half....

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Bears did stop them.

Time for him to go.

I just feel like what you saw and what happened are totally different.

Not kicking a FG late would have made no sense as that chip shot should have made it 3 score game to end it.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Apparently you don't remember trying and failing on 4th and goal in the first half....
The first and second halves were night and day.
Maybe they would have gotten in on 4th and goal in the second half.
The stats or the facts do show that when teams go for it on 4th down, the majority of the time, they do reach the line they are going for.
Kicking the ball away is always foolish since that is giving the team back the ball and saying, "Here ya go. Score on us."
Guess I'm a grumpy guy who is tired of seeing the conservative play calling when taking risks instead of playing it safe could be a turn around point and win more games for us.

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The first and second halves were night and day.
Maybe they would have gotten in on 4th and goal in the second half.
The stats or the facts do show that when teams go for it on 4th down, the majority of the time, they do reach the line they are going for.
Kicking the ball away is always foolish since that is giving the team back the ball and saying, "Here ya go. Score on us."
Guess I'm a grumpy guy who is tired of seeing the conservative play calling when taking risks instead of playing it safe could be a turn around point and win more games for us.
If you want to make the point that game situations dictate the decision, as you have by pointing out that the first half was different.... then you are conveniently ignoring the actual game situation when the Packers attempted the field goal. It was well into the 4th quarter... if made, that field goal would have put the Packers up by 3 scores. No sensible coach would choose to forgo those points in that situation.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
1-10-CHI 38 (4:27) J.Spriggs reported in as eligible. K.Davis right end to CHI 38 for no gain (D.Trevathan).
2-10-CHI 38 (3:44) PENALTY on GB-J.Janis, False Start, 5 yards, enforced at CHI 38 - No Play.
2-15-CHI 43 (3:42) (Shotgun) A.Rodgers pass short middle to R.Cobb to CHI 18 for 25 yards (H.Jones-Quartey). Penalty on CHI-J.Freeman, Illegal Contact, declined.
1-10-CHI 18 (3:33) A.Ripkowski up the middle to CHI 16 for 2 yards (J.Freeman).
2-8-CHI 16 (2:45) K.Davis left tackle to CHI 15 for 1 yard (D.Trevathan

Two-Minute Warning
3-7-CHI 15 (2:00) (Shotgun) A.Rodgers pass short left to T.Montgomery to CHI 8 for 7 yards (J.Glenn). PENALTY on GB-T.Lang, Ineligible Downfield Pass, 5 yards, enforced at CHI 15 - No Play.
3-12-CHI 20 (1:51) (Shotgun) A.Rodgers pass short middle to T.Montgomery to CHI 13 for 7 yards (J.Freeman).
Timeout #2 by CHI at 01:41.
4-5-CHI 13 (1:41) M.Crosby 31 yard field goal is BLOCKED (A.Hicks), Center-B.Goode, Holder-J.Schum.

How is that being conservative

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packers averaged 5.8 yards per pass against the Bears. Last season, when the Packer's offense was one of the worst in the NFL, they averaged 5.8 yards per pass....only difference in Bears game was that the Bears are terrible and were starting their third string QB.

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They ran Ty Montgomery instead of Aaron Ripkowski on that play. Why?

Probably wanted to force the Bears to play a dime defense. Just because Ty lines up at RB doesn't mean the defense is going to play base. Put Rip in the game and the Bears can keep a LB on the field. Coaches probably felt that the Bears had better linebackers than corners and wanted to force the Bears to play bad cornerbacks. That's what's awesome about actually being versatile and letting Ty play RB. If the defense stays in base to stop the run, Montgomery can shift out wide and now you have a mismatch with a LB on Ty. If the defense goes to dime then you can run the ball with Montgomery.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
1-10-CHI 38 (4:27) J.Spriggs reported in as eligible. K.Davis right end to CHI 38 for no gain (D.Trevathan).
2-10-CHI 38 (3:44) PENALTY on GB-J.Janis, False Start, 5 yards, enforced at CHI 38 - No Play.
2-15-CHI 43 (3:42) (Shotgun) A.Rodgers pass short middle to R.Cobb to CHI 18 for 25 yards (H.Jones-Quartey). Penalty on CHI-J.Freeman, Illegal Contact, declined.
1-10-CHI 18 (3:33) A.Ripkowski up the middle to CHI 16 for 2 yards (J.Freeman).
2-8-CHI 16 (2:45) K.Davis left tackle to CHI 15 for 1 yard (D.Trevathan

Two-Minute Warning
3-7-CHI 15 (2:00) (Shotgun) A.Rodgers pass short left to T.Montgomery to CHI 8 for 7 yards (J.Glenn). PENALTY on GB-T.Lang, Ineligible Downfield Pass, 5 yards, enforced at CHI 15 - No Play.
3-12-CHI 20 (1:51) (Shotgun) A.Rodgers pass short middle to T.Montgomery to CHI 13 for 7 yards (J.Freeman).
Timeout #2 by CHI at 01:41.
4-5-CHI 13 (1:41) M.Crosby 31 yard field goal is BLOCKED (A.Hicks), Center-B.Goode, Holder-J.Schum.

How is that being conservative
See?
This is why I'm sitting here instead of working for a football team.
So much action happens that I have a hard time keeping up and remembering it all.
I just don't have the Xs and Os football mind set.
Just a casual fan.

I really hope this was a turn around game for them.
I fear it wasn't though. I'll be cautiously optimistic.

Members online

Latest posts