1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Quote of the week from Si.com

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by gado35, Oct 1, 2007.

1. gado35

gado35 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    ""I didn't have anything in my contract about the ability to control trades, which is why I'm riding this bus right now.''

-- Former Atlanta coach Jerry Glanville, Brett Favre's first coach in the NFL and now the coach at Portland State. Glanville was interviewed by cell phone Friday, as he rode with his team to a Saturday game at Eastern Washington University in Cheney, Wash.

However, Glanville didn't protest the 1992 trade of Favre very much at the time, according to former Atlanta GM Ken Herock, who told me Sunday: "Jerry kept telling me what a problem Brett was. When the season ended, he made it clear that Brett would be nothing more than a third-team quarterback for us. He told me, 'If you can get a first-round pick for him, you're a genius.' ''

You make the call."

2. pack_in_black

pack_in_black Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Honestly, all I can remember hearing is how much Glanville thought Favre was a waste. He constantly rode him, taunted him, and mocked him about not getting any playing time.

Now he claims that he would've kept him there if he had the power? Please, Jerry. Stop being an ***.

3. dhpackr

dhpackr Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Brett was drinking then. you had two good old southern boys on the team, and the two personalities clashed.

I remeber in the early 90's Favre was at a block party in downtown Milw. I saw him slam darn near a whole bottle of jagermiester down, just like it was a bottle of beer.