QB Playing Time Vs. Titans.

Raider Pride

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How much time does A-Rodge get in the last pre-season game.

Brett will probably play Three Quarters and there are some good arguemnts that he should.

I would like them to split time 50/50. I am still convinced A-Rodge needs the snaps more than Brett does.

R.P.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Brett will play one series from what I saw on TV last night. The starters will also play one series for the most part. At least that's what I heard on the local news last night.

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
Well it makes sense, unless a unit is really struggling for the staters to play very little going into the final preseason game. Plus I doubt with Rodgers showing so far that he will play much past half time. They need to see what they have in Thompson in an extended look plus anyone else they might pick up this week.

IMO... it will be the "bubble" players that we see the majority of action against the Titans.

DoddPower

Nick Perry is watching you, NFL QB's!
Reaction score
From my understanding, the last pre-season game is generally when the starters play the least, right?

Kind of let them rest up a bit before the looong season. Especially seeing what can happen to your starters in pre-season (ie: Driver).

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
From my understanding, the last pre-season game is generally when the starters play the least, right?

Kind of let them rest up a bit before the looong season. Especially seeing what can happen to your starters in pre-season (ie: Driver).

Yep.

The #1's hardly play enough to warrant a plane ticket there in this one boys. It's live and die time for those on the bubble but the first teamers are about as ready as they will be.

Reaction score
Raider Pride said:
Wow... Am I way off. I can understand giving the bubble players some show time, but at QB I would think they need the reps.

And risk injury?

I can understand where you are coming from RP, because I agree that Rodgers now needs to play in order to advance.

But after the way our 2nd string O-line played, I don't want Rodgers seeing extended action. I think we are leaning towards keeping 2 QBs, and risking Rodgers when there isn't an absolute need to do it would be unwise (IMO).

So I think Favre doesn't play, Rodgers gets a series, and Thompson is given the rest of the game to showcase his stuff.

OP
OP
R

Raider Pride

Cheesehead
Reaction score
all about da packers said:
Raider Pride said:
Wow... Am I way off. I can understand giving the bubble players some show time, but at QB I would think they need the reps.

And risk injury?

I can understand where you are coming from RP, because I agree that Rodgers now needs to play in order to advance.

But after the way our 2nd string O-line played, I don't want Rodgers seeing extended action. I think we are leaning towards keeping 2 QBs, and risking Rodgers when there isn't an absolute need to do it would be unwise (IMO).

So I think Favre doesn't play, Rodgers gets a series, and Thompson is given the rest of the game to showcase his stuff.

I am always learning. Looking at it from your point of view, and others who posted on this and you all make sense.

There is a reason I am not only not an NFL head coach, but I am not even an employee with an NFL Team.

Although... Every Game Day... I fall into this roll that I think I know better than the whole Packer staff.

Thanks for pointing out that I am an idiot. I am serious. Thank You.

R.P.

jdlax

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hey R.P., speaking of N.F.L. head coaches, what's your impression so far on Lane Kiffen? I just read the article on him in S.I. so I'm kinda wondering what a Raiders guy is thinking of his new coach.

vechenzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I know there is the big risk of getting favre injured if he stays in long, but he needs to. Especially with driver down. He needs to get some chemistry going with the younger guys. Im glad to see him and bubba hittin it but he needs more time with james jones and Greg jennings, and also brandon jackson. Now like i said i am aware of the injury risk, but if you are going to be just content with the way the passing game is right now (im not) then leave it that way, pay a player umpteen million dollars and then dont let him get to where he needs to be at the start of the regular season, and then blame him when things go wrong... that doesnt sound right.

RainX

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Favre plays first series.

Rodgers plays remainder of 1st half and into second half.

Thompson finishes 3rd quarter and plays till the end of the game.

Works for me.

Fuzznuts

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Raider Pride said:
How much time does A-Rodge get in the last pre-season game.

Brett will probably play Three Quarters and there are some good arguemnts that he should.

I would like them to split time 50/50. I am still convinced A-Rodge needs the snaps more than Brett does.

R.P.

RP.

Why do you think that Rodgers needs more snaps than Favre?

Im curious.

Favre has been lobbying McCarthy for more playing time in pre-season games to keep developing the chemistry with the young receivers, yet he gets slammed by a few here for not wanting or doing enough to develop that chemistry.

The guy can't win with some of you here.

Members online

Latest posts