Preseason opener - what to watch

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What things you are looking forward to seeing tonight?

1. Overall the Pettine effect on defense. Dont want to see any DB confusion. Want to see more consistent QB pressure and tackling fundamentals.
2. Montavious Adams. The top player at the family night scrimmage. Hope he continues to build on this.
3. Rookie WRs. Hoping at least one of the 3 draft picks shows something.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
Agree with 1 and 2. Also interested in seeing how Kumerow and the offensive linemen look.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I’m looking for the RT of the future. I highly doubt it’s Bulaga beyond this year. I’m also looking to see who emerges as the #3 wr. I think Allison is ok but that’s about it. Don’t forget Cobb is also probably gone after this season.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My "what to watch for" will sound boring and simple. I want to see Olineman stop the Dline they're matched up with. I want to see our dline beat the guy across from them. I want to see sound tackling. I'm worried Dix is going to cost us 10,000 yards in penalties because he can't keep his head up and tackle someone. Not tonight of course, but all season long. I want to see DB's look confident and not confused. Be in position to make a play at least. I want to see what Wr is going to catch the ball. I don't want to see, "oh that would have been a good play". I want to see the good play and then follow it up with 3 routine ones. Show me you can do the most important thing on the field at your position and catch the ball.

So basically, good blocking, good tackling, catch the ball and hit the holes at RB :) at an individual level, Kumerow and St. Brown intrigue me. I want to see Montravious and Beigel show why they were drafted last year. I'm excited to see Gilbert build from last year too.