Preseason Game 1 vs Texans

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Me three. That was kind of *the* thing that set this website apart from other Packers boards. Going to gravitate to more trafficked boards in the absence of something to set this place apart.
I was watching espn play by play and comments on our board and one other. Had to refresh a lot but comments were helpful. And then I was able to see a video of all of Love's passing plays.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Love played way better than Rodgers ever did in a preseason game. A good start for him. Lots to work on but a good start.

I was fine with our WR play. As backups to Adams, Lazard, MVS, and Cobb I think we are quite strong. Whomever they keep should be able to go into a 5WR set and be a threat.

Both OL and DL got manhandled but I won't sound the alarm yet about our backups. Though some of them were our starters.

The screen pass that Hill turned into a TD was really good. As the play developed, I watched him set up the blockers with patience and then burst through arm tackles for the endzone. It was good vision, patience, and running ability. That kid has a future.

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I’ve never used née in my life, don’t even know what it is or how to get the little ****ing line above it yet my autocorrect keeps correcting N E W to née
Unless the coach changed names when married, it doesn't apply, so don't worry.

gbgary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
wow...looks like a new forum layout. i miss the feature where you can look back at your content and see what's up. oh well.
well...the game was pretty meh but what else can you expect when everyone out there is a 2, a 3, or a "yikes!" lol
Love looked pretty good considering he was surrounded by a spares. josh jackson is terminal...RIP. they may have found something oren burks can actually do now. we'll see.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
wow...looks like a new forum layout. i miss the feature where you can look back at your content and see what's up. oh well.
well...the game was pretty meh but what else can you expect when everyone out there is a 2, a 3, or a "yikes!" lol
Love looked pretty good considering he was surrounded by a spares. josh jackson is terminal...RIP. they may have found something oren burks can actually do now. we'll see.
A whole post without bad mouthing Rodgers. I'm impressed. ;):D

Totally joking. Nice to see ya!

Zartan

Cans.wav
Staff member
Reaction score
I found out why the O-Line was so bad...

It was a bunch of Walmart Greeters...

Attachments

• walmart-greeter-jobs-eliminated-1-1551461088000-1551461089899.jpg
    walmart-greeter-jobs-eliminated-1-1551461088000-1551461089899.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 126
D

Deleted member 6794

How bad is Love's shoulder injury, anyone hear?

Love didn't practice on Monday. With the Packers set to host the Jets for two joint practices on Wednesday and Thursday I highly doubt he will participate in any of those. The team might even sign a quarterback to not expose Rodgers to injury.

OP
OP
PackerfaninCarolina

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Love didn't practice on Monday. With the Packers set to host the Jets for two joint practices on Wednesday and Thursday I highly doubt he will participate in any of those. The team might even sign a quarterback to not expose Rodgers to injury.
Blake Bortles is still out there

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Didn't want to start a new thread, but GB signed QB Jake Dolegala. 6'-7", 242 lbs. Has a highlight video out there of NFL play (preseason '19??) where he looks to have a very nice touch on corner fades. Will hopefully see action Saturday PM and show his stuff!

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Didn't want to start a new thread, but GB signed QB Jake Dolegala. 6'-7", 242 lbs. Has a highlight video out there of NFL play (preseason '19??) where he looks to have a very nice touch on corner fades. Will hopefully see action Saturday PM and show his stuff!
I was really looking forward to watching Jordan Love play this pre-season. But with him injured that takes a lot of fun out of Saturday's game. I guess I can comfort myself knowing I get to watch Jake Dolegala.

lambeaulambo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
ESPN’s Jordan Raanan has reported that Isaac Yiadom has been traded to the Green Bay Packers. As compensation, New York receives an intriguing prospect, acquiring former second-round cornerback Josh Jackson via Raanan’s colleague, Rob Demovsky.
intriguing? lol...if he starts - the football giants will have blake guessing wrong and a corner that gets targeted frequently...good luck w that.

D

Deleted member 6794

The Packers signed Dolegala after minicamp before releasing him along with Bortles once Rodgers returned.

I guess him being somewhat familiar with the scheme factored into the decision to bring him in for this week.

Members online

Latest posts