Preseason Game 1 vs Texans

Favre>Rodgers259

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Second Defense:

This is either Preseason talent making Burks look good, or maybe Barry is actually good for something.

We got away with what I would have thought was a Roughing the Passer call on Garvin on 3rd Down. But good hustle to play to the whistle.

Favre>Rodgers259

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Third Possession:

Sternberger looks stiff, but nice play downfield and maybe even better throw by Love.

Not sure why there's no hot route calls on a heavy run look from Houston, we gave up 3 yards for nothing. That's on LaFleur/Hackett.

Funchess finally getting going, giving Love some suitable targets.

I don't see Hill as a downfield option, but he can earn some money on screen dumpoffs, he's gonna be a problem once he gets up to speed.

Favre>Rodgers259

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Third Defense:

Jackson still a liability, I can't believe his processing on the hitch route, I think he's scared to get beat deep so he's playing slow. Interesting to see how the Texans react when they cycle further down the depth chart.

Favre>Rodgers259

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Fourth Possession:

Still waiting for Love to use his feet. Both the 3rd and 4th Down plays were destined for an athletic QB.

Favre>Rodgers259

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Fourth Defense:

When do we see Hollman, Samuels, or Jean Charles? I see Ento is out there kinda holding his own.

OP
OP
PackerfaninCarolina

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not seeing this game live - how does Love look?
Well he's definitely showing potential, at least a lot more than any of Rodgers's previous backups had. He's fired some lasers when stepping into his throws. A few times he maybe should have used his legs or looked into another window more downfield.

But it's a learning curve and I don't expect him to hit all cylinders on every play. Potential is amazing though if this keeps up.

And so far Rodgers has been shutting the haters up by going over and giving him pointers

Favre>Rodgers259

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Fifth Possession:

Do we even need Taylor if Funchess looks this good? I get different body types but with Cobb and Rodgers no way he sees the field much in the regular season. Cut or Practice Squad.

Conservative playcalling even though we're losing.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That was a nice throw and a nice catch by Sternberger. Reached back and caught it with both hands.

Favre>Rodgers259

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Fifth Defense:

I can forgive Jean-Charles as that was a nice route by Coutee but had Mills hung in there for another half second Jackson was TOAST on a post route. He did make 2 plays, but he's still got to dig himself out of the hole he's in.

The long term investment on Ento seems worthwhile.

Burks continuing to work and be in on the play.

Heflin is working hard, might earn himself a roster spot or at least Practice Squad. He sticks out more than Previllon who just seems to be a body.

Slaton needs help.

I see more of Galeai then I do Summers.

Favre>Rodgers259

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sixth Possession and Defense:

Can't fault Love necessarily, he did step up in the pocket, but he seems scared to take off and run with it. He had a first down in front of him seems like.

Ento's gonna stick around seems like, as a converted WR I expect every ball that hits his hands to be a pick.

Seventh Possession and Defense:

Awash

LetzBreel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well he's definitely showing potential, at least a lot more than any of Rodgers's previous backups had. He's fired some lasers when stepping into his throws. A few times he maybe should have used his legs or looked into another window more downfield.

But it's a learning curve and I don't expect him to hit all cylinders on every play. Potential is amazing though if this keeps up.

And so far Rodgers has been shutting the haters up by going over and giving him pointers
How big of Rodgers.

OP
OP
PackerfaninCarolina

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Love certainly has a little to work with on pocket awareness, but even good veteran QBs can't always see the man in the blind spot. Also was a poor effort by whoever that was playing LT.

His overall numbers haven't been too bad though.

Favre>Rodgers259

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Eighth Defense:

Jackson made two plays in as many drives. Interesting.

Bad m-u-f-f by Rodgers. Saved by a penalty.

Favre>Rodgers259

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Eighth Possession:

Benkert looking like he wants Love's spot.

Bad fumble by Hill. Guess I was wrong on his carrying ability.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts