Predictive 2022 For Draft Class

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have liked what I've seen Tom. I think needs to get a bit stronger, but overall he's been a nice addition.

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have liked what I've seen Tom. I think needs to get a bit stronger, but overall he's been a nice addition.

I am curious what body type they have him chase in the offseason...do they want him to add some pounds or stay a more slight (in the OL world) but just try and get stronger...

Reaction score
I Feel pretty good about Rookie WR class. I guess 900+ Receiving as a grouping and we currently sit at 797 yards. I feel pretty good we might even have a shot at breaking 1,000

I said 1 of either Wyatt or Walker would rise to the occasion as a Starter and upgrade over a previous player. Walker was the guy. While he has had an up and down year, he’s got 4 more contests to improve and I believe he’ll be a clear upgrade over Barnes by seasons end.

I predicted 1 OL would become a solid Starter by years end. Safe to say that Zach Tom is our guy and he’s clearly better than lastbb by years weakest link (Royce)

I predicted 1 Rookie to rise at ST as a known standout. I was clearly wrong. I really though Carpenter would excel. What I didn’t account for is our new ST Coordinator bringing in
Eric Wilson
Keisean Nixon
Rudy Ford
Dallin Leavitt
I’d say Keisean Nixon is a clear upgrade and our new star at ST

Our ST coverage unit owes gratitude to last years 2021 draftee Isaiah McDuffie and his double digit tackles (10) and counting.

Last edited:
OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I never truly circled back and saw how bad I most likely did with these predictions:

#22 - Quay Walker ILB - Makes 53 - By week 8 he is receiving more snaps per game than Barnes on average - Finishes year with 80 Tackles minimum - chipping in 2 sacks and either a FF or an INT at least.
Exceeded my predictions in starts, tackles and FFs. Predicted line was roughly 80 tackles, 2 sacks, 1 FF and 1 INT essentially...he ended with 121 tackles (75 solo), 1.5 sacks, 3 FFs and 0 INTs. Excellent year for a rookie - I UNDERSHOT MY PREDICTION

#28 - Devonte Wyatt DL - Makes 53 - By mid-season he/Reed/Lowry will all be receiving similar snap counts (if all are healthy of course) - Finishes with 20+ total tackles, 3 sacks and down stretch of final eight weeks will be mounting pressures routinely in games from the inside.
Exceeded....NOPE. Wyatt was slightly discouraging in how long it took him to seemingly get comfortable and show up...but when he did he did it in a solid way. Wasn't crazy far off on my prediction outside of time to excel...15 tackles, 1.5 sacks, a FF and a PD...I GOT ABOUT AS CLOSE AS SOMEONE CAN ON A PREDICTION HERE.

#34 - Christian Watson WR - Makes 53 - Takes sometime of course, but by seasons end I see at minimum an MVS type role in the offense if not more. - Finishes season with 50 receptions 770 yards and 7 TDs
Honestly, had he not missed time, while not guaranteed, I think he'd been very close or exceeded my prediction. However, man to end with 611 yards, 41 receptions and 7 TDs....IF WE ARE PLAYING HORSESHOES I FOR SURE HIT THE POST IF NOT GOT A RINGER NEARLY.

#92 - Sean Rhyan OL - Makes 53 - Becomes the starting RG in place of Newman before Week 6 if not out the gate. 12 starts along the OL.
I missed this one BIG time...but third round curse will screw anyone. LOL

#132 - Romeo Doubs WR - Makes 53 - Looks more comfortable and fluid than Watson at times, but just won't get a ton of looks due to weapons ahead...but when bell is rung for him he answers it fairly consistently. Finishes season with 30 receptions with 475 yards and 4 TDs
Doubs made me look again very good with his production of 425 yards, 42 receptions and 3 TDs. NAILED IT.

#140 - Zach Tom OL - Makes 53 - Battles for RT and some argue should have been given it. In the end he is a reserve Lucas Patrick, ready to plug in at ANY of the spots including center if need be.
Exceeded my predictions some due to the attrition not expected. Had I known that was coming I'd have probably predicted a handful of starts occur, but even though I was massively high on him I wouldn't have expected arguably what he showed. UNDERSHOT THIS ONE SLIGHTLY.

#179 - Kingsley Enagbare - Makes 53 - Battles and makes it where neither he or Garvin are the clear #3 or #4 if we bring in a veteran as I still think...but as our roster sits now of the 90 I predict he finishes the season with about 33 Tackles - 5 sacks and two FFs
Seriously...179th pick...to hit this close I'm proud of this one. His 2022 line was 31 tackles, 3 sacks, and instead of the FFs predicted he did have 3 PDs. Granted I predicted him being our #3...but not a fill in #2 type at times...so circumstances definitely helped me here. NAILED It...but that isn't the whole picture one could argue.

#228 - Tariq Carpenter S/LB - Makes 53 - is one of our top 3 in Special Team snaps taken by end of the season and shines in that role. Plays some sub packaged roles for Barry and the defense and finishes on that side of the ball with 30 Tackles - 1 Sack - and tosses in a few PDs as well.
I fell victim to liking the hybrid body type he is...undershot him for sure. Be curious to see if he gets a spot this year at ILB. He had just 8 tackles last year...played 122 ST snaps though.

#234 - Jonathan Ford DL - Does not make 53 - I predict Heflin gets the PS nod over him even and he doesn't even earn a Packers PS spot.
Undershot this late round flyer guy - he's still here.

#249 - Rasheed Walker OT - Does not make 53 - Does get a PS spot, comes up depending on injury and may accrue some active roster days but won't take any in game snaps rookie year.
Nailed it.

#258 - Samori Toure WR - Does not make initial 53 - Excels in the pre-season and becomes a darkhorse fan favorite for a roster spot, but simply not the space. He gets a PS and GB even protects/spends some capital to keep him in house after a strong training camp and pre-season. 2023 is his chance after the likes of Watkins and Cobb are no longer here.
Essentially outside of the one flyer game he got his chance and produced I nailed him.

Truthfully...I'm probably IMO not predicting a rookie class this well ever again. Rhyan is truly the only guy I'd argue I missed bad on...day 3 guys are VERY tough to predict doing good things but kinda hit on all but Tariq (Ford to small extent).

Reaction score
I never truly circled back and saw how bad I most likely did with these predictions:

#22 - Quay Walker ILB - Makes 53 - By week 8 he is receiving more snaps per game than Barnes on average - Finishes year with 80 Tackles minimum - chipping in 2 sacks and either a FF or an INT at least.
Exceeded my predictions in starts, tackles and FFs. Predicted line was roughly 80 tackles, 2 sacks, 1 FF and 1 INT essentially...he ended with 121 tackles (75 solo), 1.5 sacks, 3 FFs and 0 INTs. Excellent year for a rookie - I UNDERSHOT MY PREDICTION

#28 - Devonte Wyatt DL - Makes 53 - By mid-season he/Reed/Lowry will all be receiving similar snap counts (if all are healthy of course) - Finishes with 20+ total tackles, 3 sacks and down stretch of final eight weeks will be mounting pressures routinely in games from the inside.
Exceeded....NOPE. Wyatt was slightly discouraging in how long it took him to seemingly get comfortable and show up...but when he did he did it in a solid way. Wasn't crazy far off on my prediction outside of time to excel...15 tackles, 1.5 sacks, a FF and a PD...I GOT ABOUT AS CLOSE AS SOMEONE CAN ON A PREDICTION HERE.

#34 - Christian Watson WR - Makes 53 - Takes sometime of course, but by seasons end I see at minimum an MVS type role in the offense if not more. - Finishes season with 50 receptions 770 yards and 7 TDs
Honestly, had he not missed time, while not guaranteed, I think he'd been very close or exceeded my prediction. However, man to end with 611 yards, 41 receptions and 7 TDs....IF WE ARE PLAYING HORSESHOES I FOR SURE HIT THE POST IF NOT GOT A RINGER NEARLY.

#92 - Sean Rhyan OL - Makes 53 - Becomes the starting RG in place of Newman before Week 6 if not out the gate. 12 starts along the OL.

#132 - Romeo Doubs WR - Makes 53 - Looks more comfortable and fluid than Watson at times, but just won't get a ton of looks due to weapons ahead...but when bell is rung for him he answers it fairly consistently. Finishes season with 30 receptions with 475 yards and 4 TDs
Doubs made me look again very good with his production of 425 yards, 42 receptions and 3 TDs. NAILED IT.

#140 - Zach Tom OL - Makes 53 - Battles for RT and some argue should have been given it. In the end he is a reserve Lucas Patrick, ready to plug in at ANY of the spots including center if need be.
Exceeded my predictions some due to the attrition not expected. Had I known that was coming I'd have probably predicted a handful of starts occur, but even though I was massively high on him I wouldn't have expected arguably what he showed. UNDERSHOT THIS ONE SLIGHTLY.

#179 - Kingsley Enagbare - Makes 53 - Battles and makes it where neither he or Garvin are the clear #3 or #4 if we bring in a veteran as I still think...but as our roster sits now of the 90 I predict he finishes the season with about 33 Tackles - 5 sacks and two FFs
Seriously...179th pick...to hit this close I'm proud of this one. His 2022 line was 31 tackles, 3 sacks, and instead of the FFs predicted he did have 3 PDs. Granted I predicted him being our #3...but not a fill in #2 type at times...so circumstances definitely helped me here. NAILED It...but that isn't the whole picture one could argue.

#228 - Tariq Carpenter S/LB - Makes 53 - is one of our top 3 in Special Team snaps taken by end of the season and shines in that role. Plays some sub packaged roles for Barry and the defense and finishes on that side of the ball with 30 Tackles - 1 Sack - and tosses in a few PDs as well.
I fell victim to liking the hybrid body type he is...undershot him for sure. Be curious to see if he gets a spot this year at ILB. He had just 8 tackles last year...played 122 ST snaps though.

#234 - Jonathan Ford DL - Does not make 53 - I predict Heflin gets the PS nod over him even and he doesn't even earn a Packers PS spot.

#249 - Rasheed Walker OT - Does not make 53 - Does get a PS spot, comes up depending on injury and may accrue some active roster days but won't take any in game snaps rookie year.
Nailed it.

#258 - Samori Toure WR - Does not make initial 53 - Excels in the pre-season and becomes a darkhorse fan favorite for a roster spot, but simply not the space. He gets a PS and GB even protects/spends some capital to keep him in house after a strong training camp and pre-season. 2023 is his chance after the likes of Watkins and Cobb are no longer here.
Essentially outside of the one flyer game he got his chance and produced I nailed him.

Truthfully...I'm probably IMO not predicting a rookie class this well ever again. Rhyan is truly the only guy I'd argue I missed bad on...day 3 guys are VERY tough to predict doing good things but kinda hit on all but Tariq (Ford to small extent).
Good stuff.
Tom was working 1st-Team at RT today. We shall see if they rotate Nijman tomorrow. Today Nij played Swing

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Good stuff.
Tom was working 1st-Team at RT today. We shall see if they rotate Nijman tomorrow. Today Nij played Swing

Truthfully I’d love it if GB somehow moved Yosh for a veteran safety or decent pick….I fear if he doesn’t put forth more good starts at either tackle his value drops….but that could also mean he and Tom are the future after Bakh…

If they don’t plan on signing him after this year though perfect moving piece a team thin at Tackle would want badly….especially if a camp injury happens.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Nailed it.

Very well done!

Did you do one for 2023 picks? Will look forward to see how they will do. I mean, what your predictions are.

Reaction score
Truthfully I’d love it if GB somehow moved Yosh for a veteran safety or decent pick….I fear if he doesn’t put forth more good starts at either tackle his value drops….but that could also mean he and Tom are the future after Bakh…

If they don’t plan on signing him after this year though perfect moving piece a team thin at Tackle would want badly….especially if a camp injury happens.
I can see that. As I considered that I’m not sure how fuzzy I am on Bakhtiari. We’re 1 tweak from being thin at LT and it’s a position that takes a couple years to grow into. Which is where Nij is now.
Obviously cost n benefit. Give me some crazy draft pick and I’m all ears, but not for a 6-7th etc. The outlier to that is if we see someone else rise up such as Walker. It would change the complexity of my thoughts there, but I like the continuity we’ve got

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I can see that. As I considered that I’m not sure how fuzzy I am on Bakhtiari. We’re 1 tweak from being thin at LT and it’s a position that takes a couple years to grow into. Which is where Nij is now.
Obviously cost n benefit. Give me some crazy draft pick and I’m all ears, but not for a 6-7th etc. The outlier to that is if we see someone else rise up such as Walker. It would change the complexity of my thoughts there, but I like the continuity we’ve got

Zero chance you even acknowledge such a low ball offer. He is gonna get paid given his start past enough to warrant a fifth round comp at worst and I suspect better for sure

Reaction score
Zero chance you even acknowledge such a low ball offer. He is gonna get paid given his start past enough to warrant a fifth round comp at worst and I suspect better for sure
I really like Nijman, he’s a good athlete in general. He can do a cartwheel and he’s nearly as fast as a LB. He’s got good hustle and effort and you’ll see him 40 yards downfield laying a block. Of course he’s also a Hokie and I have family ties to Tech (3 Nieces/Nephew). So I have several reasons to root for him. I think even an average backup Swing Tackle who can hold his own is valuable, especially once he’s been in system. I don’t have to sell you because we both like him, but I just don’t like trading players away unless it’s a stupid offer. As long as Savage plays C+ or better I don’t think we’re that bad at Safety. I’m comfortable with Owens or Ford. Rudy actually played admirably I thought.
I’m really hoping Ryan bounced back. We spent a #92? On him and obviously that’s an area you expect to get some positive results in a couple years. I hope his distractions are behind him. I read he came into camp in great shape compared to last year. I’m expecting him to compete at OG at some point. He’s a Run grader

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I really like Nijman, he’s a good athlete in general. He can do a cartwheel and he’s nearly as fast as a LB. He’s got good hustle and effort and you’ll see him 40 yards downfield laying a block. Of course he’s also a Hokie and I have family ties to Tech (3 Nieces/Nephew). So I have several reasons to root for him. I think even an average backup Swing Tackle who can hold his own is valuable, especially once he’s been in system. I don’t have to sell you because we both like him, but I just don’t like trading players away unless it’s a stupid offer. As long as Savage plays C+ or better I don’t think we’re that bad at Safety. I’m comfortable with Owens or Ford. Rudy actually played admirably I thought.
I’m really hoping Ryan bounced back. We spent a #92? On him and obviously that’s an area you expect to get some positive results in a couple years. I hope his distractions are behind him. I read he came into camp in great shape compared to last year. I’m expecting him to compete at OG at some point. He’s a Run grader
Rhayn is an excellent athlete who moves with surprisingly agility for a guy his size. He is very smart but his best quality is his attitude. He is an aggressive and physical play style that I feel will elevate the entire OLine.

I still think he was a great pick - 3rd round history be dammed! Some players take a bit more time to get there. And it's not like he is trying to beat out fringe NFL players. It's a tough lineup to Crack and it may take him another year, but I believe he will do it.

Reaction score
Rhayn is an excellent athlete who moves with surprisingly agility for a guy his size. He is very smart but his best quality is his attitude. He is an aggressive and physical play style that I feel will elevate the entire OLine.

I still think he was a great pick - 3rd round history be dammed! Some players take a bit more time to get there. And it's not like he is trying to beat out fringe NFL players. It's a tough lineup to Crack and it may take him another year, but I believe he will do it.
Well when Bak is playing it keeps Jenkins at LG. I don’t think Sean has played Center if I recall? only position I can see him making a run at is RG. So he’s up against Runyon and I suspect they like what they’ve seen from Runyon and also his pedigree obviously helps. As with anyone, need at a particular position is about timing and thus far timing has not aligned with him. Obviously he’s just a 2nd year player, but you’d normally expect a 3rd Round interior OL to get his shot. I think I read he was one of the leagues most non utilized players in that top 100 drafted last season. It didn’t help he lost 6 games suspended to finish.
It is time! It is TIME!
Sorry about that. I just felt some Kevin Greene blood pulsating through me veins!

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score

I don't see it happening. It would be an admission that the situation at Safety is disastrous. Imo, Nijman is too important to move. If they were to trade an O-lineman I'd expect it to be someone on the interior.

Reaction score
I don't see it happening. It would be an admission that the situation at Safety is disastrous. Imo, Nijman is too important to move. If they were to trade an O-lineman I'd expect it to be someone on the interior.
Like a Newman or Hanson maybe?

One way I could see a Safety added would be if GB both had either Savage or Ford injure and were still battling for the Division or Wildcard earlier in the season (by trade deadline at latest)
Such as near .500+
2-1
2-2
3-2
3-3
4-3

There is a slight chance we’re waiting until cutdowns where a good option surfaces at more reasonable $$

Last edited:

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
Like a Newman or Hanson maybe?

One way I could see a Safety added would be if GB both had either Savage or Ford injure and were still battling for the Division or Wildcard earlier in the season (by trade deadline at latest)
Such as near .500+
2-1
2-2
3-2
3-3
4-3

There is a slight chance we’re waiting until cutdowns where a good option surfaces at more reasonable $$
I doubt whether either Newman or Hanson could get you anything more than a contingent upon making roster deal for a 7th round pick.

Reaction score
I doubt whether either Newman or Hanson could get you anything more than a contingent upon making roster deal for a 7th round pick.
A chance at 2-7ths? I’ll take it! SOLD
I’ll put them on the next Greyhound coming your way.
In all serious though, we just signed another Center so I’m not sure what’s going on at C to make that move. We have like 3-4 guys who can play Center.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
We have like 3-4 guys who can play Center.
I'm not a fan of guys "who can play center." I prefer a real center, especially one that snaps the ball on a line to JL10s chest, not arcing one to his knees. I think it was Linsley that did that. AR12 had to bend over to get the shotgun snap.

Reaction score
I'm not a fan of guys "who can play center." I prefer a real center, especially one that snaps the ball on a line to JL10s chest, not arcing one to his knees. I think it was Linsley that did that. AR12 had to bend over to get the shotgun snap.
Exactly my point. Well we’ve invested a 6th Rounder and a 2nd Rounder at Center recently and that’s not to mention Elgton and also several others have played significant Center at the Collegiate level well and these are like 2nd and 4th Rounders. I’m an optimistic guy but I’m just not sure I have a lot of confidence in a UDFA who bounced across 3 teams since last year and got cut. How much better are we now that we have like 4-5 Centers! (Being sarcastic but not being sarcastic simultaneously)

Members online

Latest posts