Predictions for 2021 Packers

D

Deleted member 6794

With a Packer's cap situation aren't we set to lose somebody this off season more than likely?

It's probable the Packers will have to release some veterans to create cap space this offseason.

trade Jordan Love to get a higher 1st round pick- he is not going to beat out Tim Boyle for #2

If Love isn't good enough to beat out Boyle moving forward there won't be another team interested in trading for him.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
Playoff flameout before Super Bowl if we even make playoffs. This was supposed to be year and still couldn't do it.
That’s odd. I thought that majority of people here thought that 2019 was a fluke and this years team would surely digress a few games.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If it were me, my first order of business this off season is for Gute, Murphy and MLF to have a sit-down with Rodgers and let him know he's our guy and we're going all in for the next two seasons. Push cap hell back as far as possible and do everything you can do to win now. Cuts, trades, restructures, aggressive in the draft. Don't worry about 3 years from now do it now. When the cap does catch up to you and Rodger's leaves you're going to suck anyway so don't worry about 3 years from now, worry about today. Go big or don't go at all.

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That’s odd. I thought that majority of people here thought that 2019 was a fluke and this years team would surely digress a few games.

I think one needs to select a time frame. Start of the season, I was certainly one of those you describe. As time went on, and they just kept winning despite losing Adams for a while, and the OL holding up despite the changes, and the defense seeming to be adequate, et. al., visions of 2010 started to dance in my head. I have tried very hard not to get emotionally involved for many years, but the team sucked me in as time went on, only to pull the rug out again.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I thought I our arrow was definitely going up after last year. Year 2 in a system, everyone coming back etc. I don't have that same feeling this year however. They're really going to have to get everything right this offseason. Some may say losing a guy like King is addition by subtraction as it gives someone else a shot, but there are a lot of players that had at least decent production much of the year that are going to need replacing and we have no money to spend on experience.

MN had a crap load of draft picks and by the time they got any of those guys on the same page it was pretty much too late. There's a learning curve, you can't get past that and when have a lot of that on the field, it hurts sometimes.

and for every guy like potentially losing king, we may be looking at replacing a very good center, we have to find someone to fill in for an all pro left tackle for much of the year, a RB that gave us a ton of yards and TD's the past 2 years in addition to the already present holes. This is going to be a pretty tough offseason.

easyk83

Cheesehead
Reaction score
12 and 4, the Packers improve compared to everyone else but play a tougher schedule. We are going to lose talent as a result of the cap hit, but so will most teams.

I expect the continued maturation of guys like Savage, Gary to continue to improve our Defense. Defensive wildcards are Martin Barnes and Keke. If those three can stay healthy and keep improving they could really give that unit a shot in the arm. Throw out our 2021 draft picks as additional question marks.

On offense I think we have good to great talent across the board. I like the development and maturation of Lazard Tonyan and MVS. Dillon I think will be a special back in our scheme. The big question mark will be our OL moving forward. Jenkins and Patrick are a good guard tandem and Turner is solid at multiple spots but we are going to be losing Linsley and Bak is coming off a torn ACL. I expect that Turner should turn into a solid RT, Lane Taylor is coming back and should be a solid guard and I think atleast one of our pipeline guys should develop.

Right now there are a lot of teams looking at cap hell going into next season. I expect a lot of veterans to hit the market. Its a good year to go looking for a number 2 or 3 CB in free agency. Might be able to find some ILB help as well.

Members online

Latest posts