Predictions - eve of 2017 FA, What WILL TT do.

Will you be disappointed by Ted in FA?

• Yes - He should really "do something" do anything

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

jetfixer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ryan made a nice jump too in year 2. Martinez took on a huge role as a rookie. Did some good, some not so good and then got injured. I think there's plenty of talent there to be better than average and he appears intelligent enough to learn from mistakes too.

I"m not concerned about ILB. Having playmakers all over the field would be nice, but I think those 3 are capable of being good enough at a minimum. We need playmakers on the edges, I think we'll have a nice push in the middle with Daniels and Clark. and we need back end defense. ILB isn't even on my radar right now.
That means he will draft a first round ILB this year right? Last two years that's what we all talked about, and he passed.

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
TT won't change at this stage anymore. Is there anything about the recluse that would cause anyone to think he will all of a sudden turn over a new leaf? TT might sign a cheap FA, but he will once again believe he can fix the Packers woeful defense by doing the same thing that has lead to the worst pass defense in the league.

H

HardRightEdge

So we got Lacy's replacement in the stable. And cheap I'm sure. Time to load up on OLBs
Boy, oh, boy.

Running behind this line requires requires a combination of vision, quickness in the hole and muscle above the average. 40 time is secondary. I don't think Don Jackson is going to qualify. Guys like Michael, to take one example, are a dime a dozen. Speed and size, but no vision.

If Don Jackson is where this thing ends up, look for a Montgomery redux, which is serviceable but not quite what the doctor ordered.

Last edited by a moderator:

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Boy, oh, boy.

Running behind this line requires requires a combination of vision, quickness in the hole and muscle above the average. 40 time is secondary. I don't think Don Jackson is going to qualify. Guys like Michael, to take one example, a dime a dozen. Speed and size, but no vision.

If Don Jackson is where this thing ends up, look for a Montgomery redux, which is serviceable but not quite what the doctor ordered.

So are you saying we may see Janis playing at RB position next season. ;)

H

HardRightEdge

I have Hyde priced as a safety since that is his position ATM. I don't really know his value since he can swing both DB positions OK but not great. I'm not sure he'll get many offers as a CB, thus keeping his price down just a tad. He also may give a small hometown discount to stay on a contender in GB as opposed to maybe Jax or Cle.
Hyde is a perimeter corner only in comparison to those with 120 QB ratings against. As somebody's #4 perimeter contingency to save a roster spot, OK, but you're not going to give much incremental pay for that.

He's a safety / slot swing man. That's it. And he's kind of average at both; a better safety than slot. He's shown a lack of quickness in keeping up with the waterbug slot receivers, giving up a lot of separation.

I think somebody will like him as a starting strong safety who can come up in the box and take on TEs.

H

HardRightEdge

Don Jackson doesn't cut the muster. We need more. Especially if Lacy doesn't stay off the burritos.
I was perfectly fine with Lacy last season. Did he lose weight? Didn't look like it. Was he quicker? Sure he was, so that conditioning regimen last off season did the job.

So, if he doesn't draw much in FA, which he shouldn't, you bring him in, work him out, check conditioning and the injury. If that cuts muster you get a guy who's proven he can run behind this line for pretty cheap.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I didn't read the article, but now isn't a bad time to get a new contract. For pretty much anyone else on the roster, yes. For your HOF QB, it could allow them to be a little creative to address other roster spots. They were most likely going to extend or get creative at some point.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I didn't read the article, but now isn't a bad time to get a new contract. For pretty much anyone else on the roster, yes. For your HOF QB, it could allow them to be a little creative to address other roster spots. They were most likely going to extend or get creative at some point.

I would tend to disagree with that. AR signed a contract through 2019 and was outspoken about the Packers "going all in" not too long ago. The last distraction the front office needs at this moment of trying to sign their own as well as other free agents is the rumblings of their #1 guy wanting to renegotiate.

Wait until the smoke clears a bit and if the Packers and AR want to renegotiate a different contract, do it at a more appropriate time.

But again, I blame this more on the media, than I do with AR speaking his mind when asked the question, its the "AR way".

Last edited:

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As it stands right now, it's nothing but Florio trying to generate readers again. When Rodgers decides to become a distraction I'll care.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Looks like Mike Glennon will be signing with the Bears. I hope he is as good as Jay Cutler has been to the Packers!

D

Deleted member 6794

Looks like Mike Glennon will be signing with the Bears. I hope he is as good as Jay Cutler has been to the Packers!

I really don't understand a team offering Glennon $14-15 million a season. Fortunately it's the Bears so I couldn't care less.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Sounds like Revis wants at least $8M/year to play or he will just take the $6M due from the Jets and not play. Good luck Darrelle!

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
The reported numbers for Andre Branch's extension with Miami, he of the 5.5 sacks last season, are 3 years for 27M. I don't think this bodes well for Nick Perry's price tag.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The reported numbers for Andre Branch's extension with Miami, he of the 5.5 sacks last season, are 3 years for 27M. I don't think this bodes well for Nick Perry's price tag.
Ouch, I guess it depends on the guaranteed money, but if that's a 9 mil per guy, I'm guessing Perry will be playing elsewhere next uear

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Ouch, I guess it depends on the guaranteed money, but if that's a 9 mil per guy, I'm guessing Perry will be playing elsewhere next uear

And rightfully so. If someone is desperate enough to pay Perry ~17M/season, I don't want to match them. Obviously in a vacuum you'd want him on the team, but that's a ton of money to pay a guy with injury issues and only one good season to his name (which happened to come in a contract year).

H

HardRightEdge

QBs, edge rushers, perimeter corners, big paydays.

Bringing Peppers back on deal commensurate with his age and expected snap count is not looking too bad right now.