Predictions - eve of 2017 FA, What WILL TT do.

Will you be disappointed by Ted in FA?

• Yes - He should really "do something" do anything

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Reggie White Cheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
1) Re-sign Perry
2) Let Micah Hyde go
2a) Make a sneak move to sign D.J. Sweringer, same skill set as Hyde, and won't break the bank
3) Sign A.J. Bouye or Logan Ryan
4) Sign Donta Hightower (if you can't get him....)
5) ....then sign both Zach Brown and Lorenzo Alexander, maybe Connor Barwin (if released)
6) Release Le Troy Guion...
7) ...throw some money at Terrelle Pryor (Pryor? Nelson? Adams? Cobb? Allison? yikes!!!)
8) Draft running backs and pass rushing linebackers and defensive ends (most easily transferable positions from college to pros based solely on skill set.
9)
Restructure Cobb and CM3's contracts ASAP!!!
10) Hold the strength and conditioning coaches accountable along with secondary coaches!!!

you know what i like about this #10 i do believe and i have said this to all my poor sap Lions friends fans (I do reside and was raised in michigan) that packers strength and conditioning coaches are the worse on the team time and time again they lead the league in injuries is that a fluke or just dumb luck.. but i like this top 10 at least it is better then lettermans ha.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
Was there a single person saying the Packers should franchise Perry two weeks ago? I don't remember anyone saying that. Now TT made a mistake not doing it

I've been saying get rid of Matthew's and Keep Perry for some time now. People on here thought Perry would sign for 8-9 mil. I was hoping this would happen as well but when I started to raise concern he wouldn't be re-signed I was told I was basically overreacting as the deadline approached.

I've stated several times that losing Perry would be catastrophic the way the roster sits right now. The franchise tag while a big amount would of hurt a bit but would take the fear of long term comittment out of the equation allowing the Packers another year to develop or replace him while also working out a long term deal if Perry continues to trend the way he has.

Now we're screwed

thisisnate

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not going to say you're wrong, and he hasn't been very active historically, but just to put things in perspective.... free agency technically hasn't even started yet.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
Oh yeah. I'm not buying the "pipe dream" that somehow he gonna miraculously become a free agency guru or let alone be very active.

thisisnate

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not either. Just saying, being angsty that he hasn't done anything before free agency has even started is slighttttttly ridiculous. Give him a couple of days, and then decide if you need to hate on him. :D

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 6794

Franchise Perry? I think that would have been a mistake.

It would have bought the Packers more time to negotiate a long term deal with Perry.

Was there a single person saying the Packers should franchise Perry two weeks ago? I don't remember anyone saying that. Now TT made a mistake not doing it

There were a lot of posters advocating for the Packers to re-sign Perry. It's Thompson's job to make it happen and it seems there's a strong possibility failed getting it done.

you know what i like about this #10 i do believe and i have said this to all my poor sap Lions friends fans (I do reside and was raised in michigan) that packers strength and conditioning coaches are the worse on the team time and time again they lead the league in injuries is that a fluke or just dumb luck.. but i like this top 10 at least it is better then lettermans ha.

The Packers haven't been one of the most injured teams in the league over the past three seasons.

bigbubbatd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've been saying get rid of Matthew's and Keep Perry for some time now. People on here thought Perry would sign for 8-9 mil. I was hoping this would happen as well but when I started to raise concern he wouldn't be re-signed I was told I was basically overreacting as the deadline approached.

I've stated several times that losing Perry would be catastrophic the way the roster sits right now. The franchise tag while a big amount would of hurt a bit but would take the fear of long term comittment out of the equation allowing the Packers another year to develop or replace him while also working out a long term deal if Perry continues to trend the way he has.

Now we're screwed

The question was not whether TT should have resigned Perry. I was advocating an extension during the season. The question was if any thought the Packers should franchise him and no one thought that and now people are ripping TT for not doing that. Maybe Perry said he would resign for less than 14 million and the Packers thought that was too much so they let him hit the market.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score

Now we're screwed
Step back from the ledge please. The way the roster sits now has no resemblance to what it will look like on Labor Day.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Because there is no viable replacement in sight other then probably drafting a guy in the 1st round and "hoping" he pans out.

Perry does have some injury concerns but doesn't Matthew's as well? Plus Matthew's is older. When is the last time Matthew's "turned a game around"? I would rather pay Perry then Matthews at this stage.

Matthews should be released and Perry should of been franchised. TT "dropped the ball"
you think I'm satisfied with Matthews level of play? the difference is, he actually earned a big contract off more than 1 season and his numbers have dropped because of position change and injury. Now we either have to eat money to let him go and have to replace him. Which i'm not against at all, though I think it will be next year that it happens and not this, but why do you think we just have to give a big contract to Perry?

I like Perry, have since he was drafted. You'd have a tough time finding a post of mine that says he's not a valuable piece to have on the defense anywhere on the internet. But considering his history, I"m not comfortable putting 10+ million per in one basket. and there's no way Perry should have been franchised. and with the prior 4 seasons there was no reason to sign him to a longer contract last year either. People were upset at the 5 million prove it deal. Perry thought he was worth more going forward and didn't want a longer contract and GB hadn't gotten the value from him yet to commit the money.

It is the situation we're in, and it's a perfectly understandable one. If he leaves it's because he got too much money, heck, he might even get too much money from Ted. Nothing is signed and dried yet. and if he leaves because he gets too much money, i'm fine with it because I don't fully trust his health and durability for 10+ in cap space per year

D

Deleted member 6794

you think I'm satisfied with Matthews level of play? the difference is, he actually earned a big contract off more than 1 season and his numbers have dropped because of position change and injury. Now we either have to eat money to let him go and have to replace him. Which i'm not against at all, though I think it will be next year that it happens and not this, but why do you think we just have to give a big contract to Perry?

I like Perry, have since he was drafted. You'd have a tough time finding a post of mine that says he's not a valuable piece to have on the defense anywhere on the internet. But considering his history, I"m not comfortable putting 10+ million per in one basket. and there's no way Perry should have been franchised. and with the prior 4 seasons there was no reason to sign him to a longer contract last year either. People were upset at the 5 million prove it deal. Perry thought he was worth more going forward and didn't want a longer contract and GB hadn't gotten the value from him yet to commit the money.

It is the situation we're in, and it's a perfectly understandable one. If he leaves it's because he got too much money, heck, he might even get too much money from Ted. Nothing is signed and dried yet. and if he leaves because he gets too much money, i'm fine with it because I don't fully trust his health and durability for 10+ in cap space per year

Thompson has to replace Perry's production if he leaves in free agency though. Unfortunately the pickings are extremely thin at outside linebacker this offseason.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I know, i'm not keen on the prospect of doing that. Could be a combo of signing 2-3 guys like Peppers Barwin, and rookie? to help rotate thru the season? I don't know, but I do know that committing 12 or something to Perry makes me extremely nervous, especially seeing the situation we're in with Matthews, who IMO actually earned a contract at one point in his career. And paying shields all that money for around 8 weeks out of the past 2 seasons. Perry played this out perfectly for himself, good for him. I'd like him back, but some of these numbers i'm hearing aren't where I'd like him at.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
Pat's are signing Gilmore. This is why the Pat's win "Super Bowls". They actually do "re-load" every year.

Belichick is smarter then are whole front office and coaching staff combined.

Last edited:

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Pat's are signing Gilmore. This is why the Pat's win "Super Bowls".

Belichick is smarter then are whole front office and coaching staff combined.
FA hasn't even officially started, no ink is dry, and already the Pats have won another one. Damn, on to 2018 I guess LOL

D

Deleted member 6794

FA hasn't even officially started, no ink is dry, and already the Pats have won another one. Damn, on to 2018 I guess LOL

Well, it's hardly surprising that fans complain about the Patriots signing the best free agent cornerback while not having an obvious weakness at the position with Thompson most likely standing pat to improve the Packers biggest weakness.

bigbubbatd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, it's hardly surprising that fans complain about the Patriots signing the best free agent cornerback while not having an obvious weakness at the position with Thompson most likely standing pat to improve the Packers biggest weakness.

No reports are saying ne may trade butler for cooks. The Gilmore signing seemed to make this move possible.

bigbubbatd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It seems to me that those moves would improve the Patriots roster.

I don't know enough about Gilmore and butler to know. But ne sees Gilmore twice and year and thought highly of him. Will be interesting to see if cooks is a really good wr or a product of the saints system. He was surpassed by Thomas down the stretch

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
I don't know enough about Gilmore and butler to know. But ne sees Gilmore twice and year and thought highly of him. Will be interesting to see if cooks is a really good wr or a product of the saints system. He was surpassed by Thomas down the stretch

Cooks is a "blazer" that can stretch field. Gilmore is a "top tier" no.1 corner that can play man to man.

Why would you even question Belichick?

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
Yeah, Belichick is putting on a clinic and we're supposed to "jump up and down" about House coming back.

Yippppeeeee!

OP
OP
Poppa San

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
I want to know what you think Ted will do with his FAs and all the others available.
Review what I had predicted back then. What I said then is in the black text:
These guys will be offered and brought back as they are most of the depth on the team or marginal starters already and all will be cheap. Whether they get replaced during camp is up to them:
WR Geronimo Allison (exclusive rights), 2-3 year deal One year RFA deal $540k
RB John Crockett (exclusive rights), wish he'd stay healthy for once. Heard of nothing with him
OLB Jayrone Elliott (restricted), 2-3 year prove it year one deal One year $1.6m deal $350k bonus
RB Don Jackson (exclusive rights), see Crockett One year RFA deal $540k
FB Joe Kerridge (exclusive rights), one year make the team deal One year RFA deal $540k
DT Christian Ringo (exclusive rights), 2-3 years One year RFA deal $540k
P Jacob Schum (exclusive rights), already offered I believe One year $615k
ILB Joe Thomas (exclusive rights) 2-3 years to let him continue to grow in the defense One year $615k
OLB Jordan Tripp (restricted). one year to make the team One year $690k
These are the big money guys:
OG TJ Lang Good bye - Bulaga type money after he is allowed to test the market if he comes back. 5 years $30m 10 guaranteed including 2 roster bonuses. Goodbye - 3 years Lions $28.5m $19m guaranteed
TE Jared Cook 4 years $35m 11 guaranteed if he doesn't get priced out of GB. Ertz / Clay sized contracts. Goodbye - 2 years Raiders $10.5m $5m guaranteed Higher demands and he was replaced by Bennett and Kendricks
DB Micah Hyde 3-4 years for $18m 10 guaranteed - not much lower than what Tramon and House left for. Goodbye - 5 years Bills $30.5m $14m guaranteed
OLB Nick Perry if he gives the hometown discount, 4 years $40m 16 guaranteed otherwise good bye. I expect someone else to offer him Cameron Jordan type money. 5 year $55m $20m guaranteed Resigned - 5 years $60m $18.5m guaranteed
OLB Julius Peppers Good bye Goodbye - 1 years Panthers $3.5m $1.65m guaranteed (Went back home)
OLB Datone Jones one year prove it deal for $4m. A little less than what Perry had. Goodbye - 1 year Vikings $3.75m $1.6m guaranteed <<this surprised me
RB Eddie Lacy I think someone else gives him a larger offer than Ted is willing to go. If back 1 year $3m. Goodbye - 1 year Seahawks $4.25m $2.9m guaranteed
RB Christine Michael Goodbye. Don't let the door hit you.
OL JC Tretter Another one priced out of GB. Not that TT can't afford him but if Linsley is around we don't need a high priced bench warmer. Esp with Spriggs OK at backup tackle. And I haven't seen Tretter at guard enough to pencil him in for Lang's spot. Goodbye - 3 years Browns $16.75m $6.5m guaranteed
OL Don Barclay Signed later in the process, depends on Tretter Lang and market prices. Lane Taylor type money - 2 years $4m with roster bonuses the only guaranteed money. 1 year $1.25m $150k signing bonus
Brett Goode More of the same type of money for 2 years.
As to others, I think he's going to get a Prince Amakamura / Captain Munnerlyn level DB for around the remainder of the Shields money. 3 years for $20m 8 guaranteed. <<Hasn't happened yet and not many options out there now warrant this money
If we lose Cook look for a Jordan Cameron / Jacob Tamme type signing for 2 years $6m later in the month. Especially if someone is cut by a team that "gets their guy." Bennett 3yrs, $21m $6.3m guar and Kendricks 2yrs, $4m, $1.2m guar Rumor has it Cook was looking for more than the Packers gave Bennett. After that he changed his tune but had closed the door on returning to GB.
Maybe another RB for what Starks was getting 2 years $3m signed next month. Jocquie Bell or Jacquizz Rodgers level.
Several 1st-2nd year OLB/DE edge players for extended camp tryouts on two year minimum salary deals.
Plus the usual camp fodder of 1st and 2nd year SFA's that weren't on rosters last season.

Members online

Latest posts