Predictions - eve of 2017 FA, What WILL TT do.

Will you be disappointed by Ted in FA?

• Yes - He should really "do something" do anything

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
And rightfully so. If someone is desperate enough to pay Perry ~17M/season, I don't want to match them. Obviously in a vacuum you'd want him on the team, but that's a ton of money to pay a guy with injury issues and only one good season to his name (which happened to come in a contract year).

It sounds like the Jets really want Perry and are the frontrunners for signing him.

OP
OP
Poppa San

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
It sounds like the Jets really want Perry and are the frontrunners for signing him.
An advantage, as it were, to losing him and Lang is they should be big $$$ contracts, the type that drive comp picks into the 3rd round area. Lose enough players for enough $$$ and TT don't need to concern himself with signing UFAs which count against that. I think teams max at three or four picks anyway.

D

Deleted member 6794

An advantage, as it were, to losing him and Lang is they should be big $$$ contracts, the type that drive comp picks into the 3rd round area. Lose enough players for enough $$$ and TT don't need to concern himself with signing UFAs which count against that. I think teams max at three or four picks anyway.

With the Packers having several positions in need of an upgrade I'm tired of hearing about compensatory picks more than a year from now.

OP
OP
Poppa San

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
With the Packers having several positions in need of an upgrade I'm tired of hearing about compensatory picks more than a year from now.
I agree the comp pick thing is way over-used as an excuse. But this IS the TT MO thread and it is reported he considers it so I brought it up.

D

Deleted member 6794

I agree the comp pick thing is way over-used as an excuse. But this IS the TT MO thread and it is reported he considers it so I brought it up.

As I've mentioned before it's time for Thompson to finally stop thinking about compensatory picks down the road but improve the roster with all methods available for next season.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
And rightfully so. If someone is desperate enough to pay Perry ~17M/season, I don't want to match them. Obviously in a vacuum you'd want him on the team, but that's a ton of money to pay a guy with injury issues and only one good season to his name (which happened to come in a contract year).

They could of released Matthew's and franchised Perry and made him "prove it again." I'd rather gamble on Perry then Matthews.

At this point Perry is gone. When healthy he is the Packers best front seven player.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have no idea what the numbers are going to be, but if it's between paying Perry 12+ million a year or losing him and getting a comp pick? Give me the pick.

D

Deleted member 6794

I have no idea what the numbers are going to be, but if it's between paying Perry 12+ million a year or losing him and getting a comp pick? Give me the pick.

Unfortunately the Packers receiving a compensatory pick in 2018 for losing Perry doesn't improve the team's chances of winning the Super Bowl next season.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
They could of released Matthew's and franchised Perry and made him "prove it again." I'd rather gamble on Perry then Matthews.

At this point Perry is gone. When healthy he is the Packers best front seven player.

Yeah, if they don't retain Perry then I will agree that it was a mistake not to franchise him even if that meant letting Matthews go.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
I really can't blame him. When you see what QBs are getting paid on limited experience and a ton of speculation, why not?

Again, it isn't a matter of "why" to me its a matter of "when".

Now a die hard contract guy would look at this and say "why"? He is under contract, same as Clay Mathews and I doubt Clay is rushing to renegotiate his contract.

I say you keep Rodgers happy, paid fare and in GB until he retires, but there is a time and a place for talking about it. Time isn't now and the place isn't through the media, IMO.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score

So Thompson can draft another Frackrell at the bottom of the 3rd round?

You'd rather have that then a developed 1st round talent in his prime? The best player on your defense other then maybe HaHa.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
I would definitely take Perry at 12M. You can see where the market is set with Vernon getting 17 and Jones getting basically that today. Perry probably slots in around 14 by rights. 12 would be a bargain by this market's standards. He could exceed what he is really worth by virtue of a bidding war.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Depends on guarantees. I've always liked Perry, thought the talent was obvious since He came here. If he wants the Jets for 14 million have fun. I want nothing to do with him at that price. Way, way, way too much money for a guy that has never once taken over a game. I don't care what his stats were

GreenBaySlacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Again, it isn't a matter of "why" to me its a matter of "when".

Now a die hard contract guy would look at this and say "why"? He is under contract, same as Clay Mathews and I doubt Clay is rushing to renegotiate his contract.

I say you keep Rodgers happy, paid fare and in GB until he retires, but there is a time and a place for talking about it. Time isn't now and the place isn't through the media, IMO.
I would say now is the best time for rodgers to say something.... Before gb spends big in fa...

I think there is a good chance gb gets a substantial fa. With peppers coming up flat after getting rested late in the seasons. Sheilds and starks. Perrys injury history not justifying what some team is willing to pay him... Our $$$ has to go somewhere...

Rodgers is underpaid. Give him some. For sure.

Beyond that we need a fa cb who can be a #1. Trade for one? I dont care but get one. Then beef up the dline. We get 3 stud dlinemen on the field at once, with rotation, and the rest of the def looks much better.

Last edited:

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
Everyone is whinning about the $ but that's what the market bears.

You let him get to this point and your hands are tied. It should of never gotten this far. Especially with the need at OLB right now.

As i've been posting TT is driving this team right into the ditch and there ain't no tow truck in sight.

Perry, Cook, Lang and Hyde are all gone.

McKnowledge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
1) Re-sign Perry
2) Let Micah Hyde go
2a) Make a sneak move to sign D.J. Sweringer, same skill set as Hyde, and won't break the bank
3) Sign A.J. Bouye or Logan Ryan
4) Sign Donta Hightower (if you can't get him....)
5) ....then sign both Zach Brown and Lorenzo Alexander, maybe Connor Barwin (if released)
6) Release Le Troy Guion...
7) ...throw some money at Terrelle Pryor (Pryor? Nelson? Adams? Cobb? Allison? yikes!!!)
8) Draft running backs and pass rushing linebackers and defensive ends (most easily transferable positions from college to pros based solely on skill set.
9)
Restructure Cobb and CM3's contracts ASAP!!!
10) Hold the strength and conditioning coaches accountable along with secondary coaches!!!

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Everyone is whinning about the $ but that's what the market bears.

You let him get to this point and your hands are tied. It should of never gotten this far. Especially with the need at OLB right now.

As i've been posting TT is driving this team right into the ditch and there ain't no tow truck in sight.

Perry, Cook, Lang and Hyde are all gone.
Whatever man, you know damn well if we sign him to a crazy amount like the "market bears" and he has a season like any one of his first 4 and you'll be on of the loudest whiners in here and everyone knows it.

He's not a 14 million dollar a year player. Never has been, not even in his absolute best year. He's never taken over a game. He's valuable, but if he can't take a game wjy pay him like he does? Because you feel like you have no choice? I guess if you want to keep this ride pointed off a cliff rather than go thru a ditch

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
Whatever man, you know damn well if we sign him to a crazy amount like the "market bears" and he has a season like any one of his first 4 and you'll be on of the loudest whiners in here and everyone knows it.

He's not a 14 million dollar a year player. Never has been, not even in his absolute best year. He's never taken over a game. He's valuable, but if he can't take a game wjy pay him like he does? Because you feel like you have no choice? I guess if you want to keep this ride pointed off a cliff rather than go thru a ditch

Because there is no viable replacement in sight other then probably drafting a guy in the 1st round and "hoping" he pans out.

Perry does have some injury concerns but doesn't Matthew's as well? Plus Matthew's is older. When is the last time Matthew's "turned a game around"? I would rather pay Perry then Matthews at this stage.

Matthews should be released and Perry should of been franchised. TT "dropped the ball"

Last edited:

bigbubbatd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Was there a single person saying the Packers should franchise Perry two weeks ago? I don't remember anyone saying that. Now TT made a mistake not doing it

Members online

Latest posts