Predict the 2013 Packer's season record !

• Thread starter I_am_smoked_cheddar
  • Start date

GoPGo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Defensive Line, Running Back, and Cornerback positions upgraded but the rest of position groups will either struggle to match last seasons performance or will suffer a decline.

In what way will our linebackers struggle to match last year? It what way will our TEs be worse?

Oh yeh did I mention we are starting a 4th round rookie left tackle and have a much more difficult schedule this season, lost our second best offensive lineman to injury for season, and our preferred starter at running back.

Sorry, but Harris is a marginal loss. He was never going to be the starter in Week 1. With the addition of Lacy it's a huge net gain.

ExpatPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
grading games in terms of a pure guessing of possible win/loss, I get:

at SF: probable L (33%)
WA: probable W (66%)
at CIN: possible L (40%)
DET: likely W (80%)
at BAL: probable L (33%)
CLE: likely W (80+%)
at MIN: tied (50%)
CHI: probable W (66%)
PHI: probable W (66%)
at NYG: probable L (33%)
MIN: probable W (66%)
at DET: probable W (66%)
ATL: tied (50%)
at DAL: tied (50%)
PIT: probable W (66%)
at CHI: tied (50%)

Just by the numbers without doing any probability calculus, 10-6 is a likely outcome.

Some teams may not be all that they're saying, like the Ravens or the Giants who have the injury bug as bad as we do, which would change the numbers. Also, I'm assuming our OL will at least be adequate and that we will have some kind of running game, which most definitely an assumption.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
11-5. I think a better record is more likely than a worse record. I don't think Seattle or 49ers are going to do as well as everyone think.

12theTruth

In what way will our linebackers struggle to match last year? It what way will our TEs be worse?

Sorry, but Harris is a marginal loss. He was never going to be the starter in Week 1. With the addition of Lacy it's a huge net gain.

Just going with the McCarthy stated about the RB position. Harris was the starter as designated by McCarthy and nothing was said to the contrary. We can speculate all we want about performance but the Packers lost their starting RB for the season-- FACT. I personally believe Lacy will be a big improvement to the group compared to Green/Starks however. In a small window last season Harris showed more moxie than Green/Starks had for the entire season before that! Losing Harris will be a moderate hit to the RB position as it stands.

Overall the linebackers may improve their showing from last season but it will be hard for Matthews to replicate his outstanding season. Additionally Thompson did next to nothing to improve the inside linebacker position. We still have a slow footed Hawk out there struggling in coverage situations. Another inside backer is a converted outside linebacker and the depth is mostly low round draft picks with the hope their talents will translate into ability.

Nick Perry returning should bolster the pass rush but the jury is out on his coverage abilities. In limited time last season Perry looked to be struggling in this area.

Linebacker play MAY improve but a good amount of the improvement may come because of the addition of Jolly and Datone Jones to defensive line, and the maturation of Mike Daniels in the offseason.

Royal Pain

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Based on the schedule alone, I think 10-6 is realistic.

Aside from the gains and losses in talent, I believe a significant determining factor in how this season plays out is going to be who fills the leadership void left by the release of Woodson. We have a lot of young players on this team that really need to step up for the Packers to challenge for the Super Bowl. It's difficult to quantify how much Woodson's leadership in the lockerroom meant to our most recent Super Bowl win, but I believe it was significant. I feel that Reggie White played that same role in our 1996 season. Both players were on the downside of their careers talent wise, but they both knew how and when to motivate their teammates.
I've read somewhere that Matthews is expected to assume the leadership role on the Packers, at least on the defensive side of the ball. Clay certainly has the credentials to command the respect of his teammates, I'm just not sure he has the personality.

P-E-Z

Cheesehead
Reaction score
10 and 6, 9 and 7, ........Bears Lions and Vikes much better than last year. I think NFC North could have play off teams

GoPGo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just going with the McCarthy stated about the RB position. Harris was the starter as designated by McCarthy and nothing was said to the contrary. We can speculate all we want about performance but the Packers lost their starting RB for the season-- FACT.

LOL You really think Harris was going to be our primary ball carrier? Really?

GoPGo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Read what I said again! I was repeating what the head coach said himself. LOL! :rolleyes:
And you think none of that had to do with MM's longstanding tradition of not naming a new starter until training camp is over? You think none of that had to do with keeping Lacy AND Harris motivated?

I'm sorry, but if you think Harris would have been the starter after drafting Lacy in the 2nd round for any amount of time, you're fooling yourself. By your phrasing you apparently think Harris would have been the starter "for the season." Harris may have gotten a token start for the first game or two but that would have been it.

OP
OP
I

I_am_smoked_cheddar

This thread is getting close to game 1, have you posted your prediction yet ?
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Ok, lets get with it then !

CTPackers08

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It is a pretty tough schedule this year. Not many cupcake games but the team itself looks good. If injuries stay down I see a 12-4 season. Of course SB is always the goal

60six

DIE HARD
Reaction score
If there are no more major injuries......11-5.......the OL will hold this team back.

Also, if they dont find a way to stop the read option, its most likely an early exit in the playoffs.

GBPackers22

Cheesehead
Reaction score
10-6. I Don't see the gimmes of years past with the tough schedule we have (like the Chiefs game from 2 years ago....oh...wait) and I let myself become too excited last year. So I am keeping a not too optimistic approach.

Oh and random side queston, is there a certain number of posts i need before i can create a thread of my own?

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
10-6. I Don't see the gimmes of years past with the tough schedule we have (like the Chiefs game from 2 years ago....oh...wait) and I let myself become too excited last year. So I am keeping a not too optimistic approach.

Oh and random side queston, is there a certain number of posts i need before i can create a thread of my own?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts