Posted this A.M. - PackersNews Premium

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Posted Feb. 19, 2006
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Mike Vandermause

Harlan: I believe Favre will play in ’06

If you trust Bob Harlan’s instincts, Brett Favre is coming back to play another season.

The Green Bay Packers’ president doesn’t claim to have any inside information. He hasn’t spoken to Favre since the season ended.

But deep down, he doesn’t think the future Hall of Fame quarterback is ready to retire.

“I have absolutely no reason to say this, but I still to this day think he’ll come back and play another year,â€

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Those who question whether this is the right thing to do by not pressuring him I must say are probably wrong. I think the best thing to do is to NOT pressure him. It shows the Packers believe they can with or without Brett. What this means to Brett is he won't have to win every game. Of coures we all know with Brett you have a better chance of winning. By not pressuring him though you show you're team isn't dependant on the QB to win. It also shows they have a plan and/or have confidence in Aaron Rodgers.

Then again maybe they don't care if go we go another losing season lol... I doubt that thought.

Either way, thanks for the article IPB.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah......i heard the same thing. Hopefully Harlan is right. They still have a better chance with Favre in my view. But we will see.

OP
OP
I

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That is a different take on the subject, just somewhat - not exactly mentioned in the Article. -- My only comment to that - is that Mike Holmgren "always" pressured Favre.... always.

Holmgren 'pressured Favre' to focus and to do better each and every time - remember 1993? -- Sherman didn't do all that much about it - he ran a corporate ship and delegated memos to be sent back and forth - at least it looked that way out on the field. I hardly ever saw Sherman and Favre say two words to each other during a game. It was always some underling Coach running messages back & forth.....

Sure, he's a top-notch Pro.... and all that.... but a Player needs to know his Coach is paying attention and will actually get lax just to see if the guy notices, or is asleep at the wheel -- heck, you or I can go up to a chalk board... it's out on the field where the paperwork gets wadded up....

I guess I just see it more appropriate to agree with the article....
No one knows, unless they try... the curiosity is - watching what McCarthy will do.
Favre may be an old war-horse - but kickin' the Boss won't work, either!

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
that pressure IPB is way different then what I was referring to.

Pressuring Brett to be a better QB is something he's been lacking the years since Holmgren was gone.
Pressuring Brett to come back as if he doesn't come back we will go 0 - 16 would I feel push him to stay on the tractor.

PackerTraxx

Cheesehead
Reaction score
IPBprez said:
That is a different take on the subject, just somewhat - not exactly mentioned in the Article. -- My only comment to that - is that Mike Holmgren "always" pressured Favre.... always.

Holmgren 'pressured Favre' to focus and to do better each and every time - remember 1993? -- Sherman didn't do all that much about it - he ran a corporate ship and delegated memos to be sent back and forth - at least it looked that way out on the field. I hardly ever saw Sherman and Favre say two words to each other during a game. It was always some underling Coach running messages back & forth.....

Sure, he's a top-notch Pro.... and all that.... but a Player needs to know his Coach is paying attention and will actually get lax just to see if the guy notices, or is asleep at the wheel -- heck, you or I can go up to a chalk board... it's out on the field where the paperwork gets wadded up....

I guess I just see it more appropriate to agree with the article....
No one knows, unless they try... the curiosity is - watching what McCarthy will do.
Favre may be an old war-horse - but kickin' the Boss won't work, either!

Excellant post/point Prez. I've said this for years that Sherman never coached Favre. Hopefully, MM will take a much active role, even with a QB coach there. The QB is the most important extension of the coach on the field, they should be joined at the hip.

OP
OP
I

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Zero2Cool said:
that pressure IPB is way different then what I was referring to.

Pressuring Brett to be a better QB is something he's been lacking the years since Holmgren was gone.
Pressuring Brett to come back as if he doesn't come back we will go 0 - 16 would I feel push him to stay on the tractor.

I think you & I (both) hope Favre comes back.....

The part that may stop him - is the fact that he'd have to make it a two-year stint (most likely).

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts