Post Your "My" Guys

lambeaulambo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Leo Chanel or Jack Sanborn - its a homer pick but both are svcable.

Olave - he is a burner and needed

Wyatt - big load in the middle

Walter Payton - powerhouse back

Chuck Cecil - busted ribs. clothesline anyone?

Conrad Dobler - ferocious

Reaction score
Don't know enough about the individual prospects outside of receivers (although I do know there are some good defensive prospects in the first round),

Round 1. Edge and D Line, or Pickens at 28.

Round 2. Two WRs (preferably Watson and Pierce) If Pickens was selected in rd. 1, take someone on defense

Round 3. OL

Round 4. OL

Round 4. WR who can return kicks or a safety who shows promise (and could develop behind Amos and Savage)

Round 5 and the three round 7 picks. special teamers and maybe a LB RB who shows promise.

Todd Princl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We've all got prospects that we just really love. Guys that really pop to us on tape or that we are confident will be good for any number of reasons. These aren't necessarily the guys you think are the best in the draft or even the best at their positions, but they're "my" guys. And of course, by saying "my" that doesn't mean that I was the one who discovered them or the only one who really likes them.

Now here's the catch-- you may only choose five. That's it. Hone your list down. We know you love more prospects than that, but the limitation makes it a fun challenge.

1. George Pickens, WR, UGA:

-9.37 RAS athlete with an impressive 1.50 ten yd split at 6'3" ~200#.
-Just turned 21 years old last month.
-Led the UGA Bulldogs in receptions, yards, and touchdowns as an 18 yo true freshman (49/727/8).
-Legitimate vertical threat who understands how to stack coverage.
-Incredible contested catch player and amazing hands generally (2nd lowest drop rate in the SEC since 2019, 2.1%).
-Legitimate X receiver skill-set; one of the best prospects in the class against press coverage.
-Tons of untapped potential and depressed value after missing majority of 2021 season.
-Absolute dog of a blocker and very effective at doing so.

2. Daxton Hill, DB, MICH:

-9.07 RAS athlete at safety; 9.95 at cornerback.
-32.25" arms and 6'8" wingspan.
-Won't turn 22 until September.
-In 20 games over the last two seasons, has 16 PBU's and 3 INT's.
-Played slot, box safety, split safety, and single high for Michigan (under NFL coaches in NFL system).
-Has legitimate cornerback ability-- could play anywhere.
-Physical, reliable tackler despite weighing 191 lbs.
-Reportedly high football IQ.

3. Travis Jones, iDL, UCONN:

-9.40 RAS athlete.
-Well distributed 325# on 6'4"+ frame and 34+" arms.
-22 years old, which is refreshing in a class with so many over-aged prospects.
-Was immediately productive for UConn and persisted despite playing for lousy teams.
-17% interior pass rush win-rate was the same as sub-rusher Josh Paschal and better than Perrion Winfrey and Devonte Wyatt.
-Misunderstood as pure nose tackle-- aligned often at 3T for the Huskies and has legitimate versatility to play from the 5 in.
-Plus skill sets as both a 1 gapping or 2 gapping player.
-One of the most dominant players at the senior bowl.

4. Drake Jackson, ED, USC:

-8.60 RAS athlete with long arms (34") and big hands (10.25"); near 7' wingspan.
-Just barely turned 21 years old this month.
-Logged 11.5 TFL, 5.5 sacks, and 3 PBU's as a true freshman in 2019.
-Highly flexible top side rusher who capably uses his length to counter.
-Has length and athleticism to rush or drop into coverage on any given play.
-Willingly added or shed weight in college to adapt to different defensive roles.

5. Nick Cross, SAF, MAR:

-9.87 RAS athlete at safety with legit size (6'0" 212#), speed (4.34; 1.46), and agility (4.21; 6.85).
-Still only 20 years old and won't turn 21 until September.
-Big time ball production all three years for the Terps: 18 PBU and 6 INT over three seasons.
-Tons of special teams snaps and production in college.
-Another guy who played everywhere: slot, post, split, and in the box.
-Has the size and strength to thump, but is a reliable tackler.
-Ideal skill set for a two high defense that uses split safeties and swaps responsibilities.
Mine would be the same as yours except to have Treylon Burks instead of Pickens. The following 4 would be who my next choices would be.

OP
OP
Dantés

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
I was chastised a couple weeks ago for choosing Moore as my 1st receiver in my first mock. They said we didn't need that type of receiver.
My mock was mocked. :)

People think he’s slot only because he’s short. He can play literally anywhere— slot, boundary Z, boundary X.

He has some of the best releases vs press in the class.

ThePerfectBeard

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just a last minute thing I wanted to throw out there. I know a ton of us have guys that we want and we'll pound the table for them, but don't let it crowd your vision for the players we actually select. Take some time, let it sink in, go watch more tape of those players, and try to get excited for the potential. It'll make this whole thing a lot more fun!

It's something I've definitely struggled with in the past, so I wanted to put it out there.

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just a last minute thing I wanted to throw out there. I know a ton of us have guys that we want and we'll pound the table for them, but don't let it crowd your vision for the players we actually select. Take some time, let it sink in, go watch more tape of those players, and try to get excited for the potential. It'll make this whole thing a lot more fun!

It's something I've definitely struggled with in the past, so I wanted to put it out there.
Holy crap!!! Actual wisdom being shared?? :) . Thanks for the reminder.

Todd Princl

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I agree, all I know now is that our defense will be top five. So in that aspect with the reigning MVP he doesn’t need to put up Hercules numbers, even though he is being paid to do so.
So give us offense in the second round and enjoy the fact that our first four picks are probably going to be starting on a team that was 13-4.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score

And ask to see how the pack grade out their players

Thats the key

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
And ask to see how the pack grade out their players

Thats the key
Lol, half of the people here would probably freak out if they ever saw the Packers draft board. I think it would be fascinating and enlightening myself. Thompson used to drop/leak little snippets about the board but he was a blabber mouth. :)

PackFan2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Calvin Austin III
Kenneth Walker III
John Metchie III
Verone McKinley III ...
You get the drift ;)

I kid... Definitely the first three +
Leo Chenal
Tyler Linderbaum
Tyler Allegeri
Kyle Hamilton
Skyy Moore

EDIT -- Sorry didnt see the limit to 5 but these are the guys id pound the table for.
Dang, I didn't do too bad. Hopefully, Metchie gets better from cancer.

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree, all I know now is that our defense will be top five. So in that aspect with the reigning MVP he doesn’t need to put up Hercules numbers, even though he is being paid to do so.
So give us offense in the second round and enjoy the fact that our first four picks are probably going to be starting on a team that was 13-4.
New post brought this thread back, and I noticed this. Probably the thought of many of us back then.

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
1. JT Woods - S
2. Jeremy Ruckert - TE
3. Kalon Barnes - CB
4. Alec Pierce - WR
5. Perrion Winfree DL
This didn't age well, although 40% hit rate aint bad.

Winfrey was named to the Sports Illustrated All-Rookie team, played 41% of the D snaps and was productive... but helped with Cleveland's locker-room dysfunction by calling out team mates for poor performance/effort.

Alec Pierce had 41 receptions on 78 targets for 593 yds & 2 TD's. Taken at #53, which WAS the Packers 1st 2nd round pick prior to trading up for Watson. I'll gladly take Watson's 611 yds & 7 (receiving) TD's as well as his up-side to become a #1 or at worst #2 WR.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This didn't age well, although 40% hit rate aint bad.

Winfrey was named to the Sports Illustrated All-Rookie team, played 41% of the D snaps and was productive... but helped with Cleveland's locker-room dysfunction by calling out team mates for poor performance/effort.

Alec Pierce had 41 receptions on 78 targets for 593 yds & 2 TD's. Taken at #53, which WAS the Packers 1st 2nd round pick prior to trading up for Watson. I'll gladly take Watson's 611 yds & 7 (receiving) TD's as well as his up-side to become a #1 or at worst #2 WR.

Pierce is an oober athletic freak like Watson, I think both illustrated success at the next level will be there...now whether either or both become elite WR1s....we shall see.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts