Possible Draft Steals

Patriotplayer90

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As exciting as seeing how our early draft picks will be used, the developmental/late round prospects are just as intriguing. I looked at some of the players who tested well, have no major red flags, and could be major steals in the draft as late draft picks. I am not saying that these guys are all future stars, but they have the tools to be late round starters, given time:

Keanu Neal, Safety:

Well built at 6'0 211 lbs, and tested off the charts in the explosion drills with his vertical and broad jump (which was second behind Ramsey). His 40 time was not impressive at 4.62, but his start/stop ability and strength could be helpful in jamming and closing in on receivers. His character is in line with what the Packer organization looks for, seems like a really nice kid. This guy loves to hit, and you can see him lay Lacy out in this video.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Sean Davis, Safety:

I like him because he is the physical safety/cb hybrid that the Packers seem to value (i.e. Rollins, Randall). I can't find other than this 2013 highlight reel (when he was presumable a freshman), but you can tell that he enjoys contact and his test scores are rather intriguing: 4.46 40 time, 21 reps on the bench (2nd behind Killebrew), and a very good broad jump. Good size at 6'1, 201 lbs. Scouts see him as an eventual starter at safety:

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Matt Judon, DE:

There is no good tape on him, since he is from Grand Valley State, but he seems like an impressive physical specimen. He ran a 4.72 40 at 275 pounds and had 30 reps on the bench, in addition to a 35 inch vertical jump, all better than top prospect Joey Bosa. He also seems like a really nice kid. He should go late in the draft or undrafted, and he would be worth it as a developmental prospect.

http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles/matt-judon?id=2555505

If you found any other sleepers in the draft, please share.

Reaction score
Cal RB Daniel Lasco. There are some injury concerns, but in the right system I
could see him being productive.

Loved watching this guy at the combine. Seemed like a natural pass catcher and posted very good numbers not sure where he will go but it's late I think it's worth a flier.

I also like Eric Murray. I wouldn't say a huge sleeper but he is getting knocked for being too physical and getting PIs which I understand but should be able to be fixed with a good coach which we have. If he is a 5th rounder or a comp pick I'd be happy with it.

Members online

Latest posts