1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

point spread

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by packerbacker51, Jan 9, 2008.

1. packerbacker51

packerbacker51 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    anyone know the line for that game? just wondering how the "know it alls "think its gonna go my prediction is 27-17 pack what does everyone think

2. Zombieslayer

Zombieslayer Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Tophat always posts the point spread in his threads.

He had it running from 7.5 to 8.5

3. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    I heard Pack by 8, but i don't know if thats what it is.
    I don't care, as long as we win. Of course i'm hoping we put them away early, so they don't have to call an ambulance to take me away.

4. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    I think we'll all be on heart attack\suicide\head explosion watch Saturday. Our loved ones will take care of us.

5. Zombieslayer

Zombieslayer Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Well, I'll put it this way, Cheesey. I've bet on the Packers to cover the spread every week since mid-season. Of course I lost twice, but the Packers have made me a happy gambler because we almost always cover the spread.

This week, none of the people I regularly bet with would take Seattle and 8.5 points. Can Seattle beat us? Sure. On any given Sunday anything can happen. But gamblers play odds and the odds are clearly in our favor in this game.

I'm just hoping Favre's accuracy and judgment are both good. If our OL holds up and if Favre hits his targets and not Seattle Seahawk players, we should win this game and cover the spread.

Seattle will blitz. They will try to get Favre's timing off. Seattle has the LBs to cause us problems too. These guys have a pretty scary D. Will it be enough to stop us? I don't think so. I just think we're too solid in all 3 phases of the game to not cover the spread.

Now, we do have our weaknesses. All season long, good pass catching TEs have been causing us problems. Seattle does not have that TE threat. Plus good passing teams have been exploiting our 3rd CB. If this happens, MM will bring in Collins to cover the 3rd WR and Rouse to take Collins' place as FS. I'm not too worried.

If I'm wrong, then best of luck Seahawks against the Cows. You all know how much I hate the Cows, so I'll be rooting for the Seahawks to represent the NFC in the SB. (Eli Manning's a moron. He'll blow the game for the Giants, even if TO is out for the Cows).

6. MarkAshton

MarkAshton Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0

7. Zombieslayer

Zombieslayer Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Heh. Welcome to the club. Against Dallas, it seemed like the refs were favoring the Cows.

I know your WR corps is good. And I also know Holmgren will try to attack Poppinga's area with a TE. The thing is, will it be effective? Poppinga is good against mediocre TEs, but top tier TEs make him look silly out there. Are your TEs good enough to exploit that?

8. favre2driver

favre2driver Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I would personally put the point spread at 3-4. It will be decided near the end of the game. Seattle's pass rush scares me. But Lofa Tatupu's name is funny.

9. Raider Pride

Raider Pride Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2
    The odds are changing based on where the money is being bet by the gamblers. Vegas' goal is to end up with an even amount of money bet on each team in each game.

That way they are guaranteed to make money profiting "The Juice" or amount they figure in as your fee to bet.

Click here for up to date odds.

http://www.vegas.com/gaming/

10. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    I always think "Loada Ta-pooh-pooh."LOLOL!!! :lol:
    Thats just what my mind thinks........it's not like i dislike the guy or anything.

11. kmac

kmac Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Obviously the gamblers are laying mad cash on the Pack, because the line has climbed to 8.5

12. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +3,479
    The TE play has hurt the Pack, but not to the point where it made them lose the game..

And those games the TE were MUCH better then what Seattle can offer..