point spread

packerbacker51

Cheesehead
Reaction score
anyone know the line for that game? just wondering how the "know it alls "think its gonna go my prediction is 27-17 pack what does everyone think

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Tophat always posts the point spread in his threads.

He had it running from 7.5 to 8.5

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I heard Pack by 8, but i don't know if thats what it is.
I don't care, as long as we win. Of course i'm hoping we put them away early, so they don't have to call an ambulance to take me away.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't care, as long as we win. Of course i'm hoping we put them away early, so they don't have to call an ambulance to take me away.

I think we'll all be on heart attack\suicide\head explosion watch Saturday. Our loved ones will take care of us.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Well, I'll put it this way, Cheesey. I've bet on the Packers to cover the spread every week since mid-season. Of course I lost twice, but the Packers have made me a happy gambler because we almost always cover the spread.

This week, none of the people I regularly bet with would take Seattle and 8.5 points. Can Seattle beat us? Sure. On any given Sunday anything can happen. But gamblers play odds and the odds are clearly in our favor in this game.

I'm just hoping Favre's accuracy and judgment are both good. If our OL holds up and if Favre hits his targets and not Seattle Seahawk players, we should win this game and cover the spread.

Seattle will blitz. They will try to get Favre's timing off. Seattle has the LBs to cause us problems too. These guys have a pretty scary D. Will it be enough to stop us? I don't think so. I just think we're too solid in all 3 phases of the game to not cover the spread.

Now, we do have our weaknesses. All season long, good pass catching TEs have been causing us problems. Seattle does not have that TE threat. Plus good passing teams have been exploiting our 3rd CB. If this happens, MM will bring in Collins to cover the 3rd WR and Rouse to take Collins' place as FS. I'm not too worried.

If I'm wrong, then best of luck Seahawks against the Cows. You all know how much I hate the Cows, so I'll be rooting for the Seahawks to represent the NFC in the SB. (Eli Manning's a moron. He'll blow the game for the Giants, even if TO is out for the Cows).

MarkAshton

Cheesehead
Reaction score
cheesey said:
Now, we do have our weaknesses. All season long, good pass catching TEs have been causing us problems. Seattle does not have that TE threat. Plus good passing teams have been exploiting our 3rd CB. If this happens, MM will bring in Collins to cover the 3rd WR and Rouse to take Collins' place as FS. I'm not too worried.

Our tight ends have not done much this year but, knowing Holmgren, I wouldn't be surprised if he features them a bit more this week. He did that during the Superbowl against Pittsburg when he kept going to Jeremy Stevens. People forget but he caught one TD pass and should have had two (enough to win the game) but dropped it.

Did I mention that the Seahawks got screwed by the refs in that game? ;)

Holmgren will do something to surprise Green Bay and more passes to the Tight Ends may be one approach.

But overall I'd be concerned about our wide receivers. Seattle's receiver corp is good. The guy you should really watch out for is Bobby Engram. He should be in the Pro Bowl this year. He's smart, works really well with Hasselbeck and makes big plays. Look for him to make big plays right up the middle of the Packers defense. And, yes, he can take a hit.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Our tight ends have not done much this year but, knowing Holmgren, I wouldn't be surprised if he features them a bit more this week. He did that during the Superbowl against Pittsburg when he kept going to Jeremy Stevens. People forget but he caught one TD pass and should have had two (enough to win the game) but dropped it.

Did I mention that the Seahawks got screwed by the refs in that game? ;)

Holmgren will do something to surprise Green Bay and more passes to the Tight Ends may be one approach.

But overall I'd be concerned about our wide receivers. Seattle's receiver corp is good. The guy you should really watch out for is Bobby Engram. He should be in the Pro Bowl this year. He's smart, works really well with Hasselbeck and makes big plays. Look for him to make big plays right up the middle of the Packers defense. And, yes, he can take a hit.

Heh. Welcome to the club. Against Dallas, it seemed like the refs were favoring the Cows.

I know your WR corps is good. And I also know Holmgren will try to attack Poppinga's area with a TE. The thing is, will it be effective? Poppinga is good against mediocre TEs, but top tier TEs make him look silly out there. Are your TEs good enough to exploit that?

favre2driver

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would personally put the point spread at 3-4. It will be decided near the end of the game. Seattle's pass rush scares me. But Lofa Tatupu's name is funny.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would personally put the point spread at 3-4. It will be decided near the end of the game. Seattle's pass rush scares me. But Lofa Tatupu's name is funny.
I always think "Loada Ta-pooh-pooh."LOLOL!!! :lol:
Thats just what my mind thinks........it's not like i dislike the guy or anything.

kmac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Obviously the gamblers are laying mad cash on the Pack, because the line has climbed to 8.5

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
The TE play has hurt the Pack, but not to the point where it made them lose the game..

And those games the TE were MUCH better then what Seattle can offer..