Playoff Predictions?

JTheGreat

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Since the schedules came out(one step closer to the season) I wanted to see whats your guys take on the 6 teams from each conference that will make the playoffs next year?

Not based by seeds

NFC

Eagles
Packers
Lions
49ers
Saints
Seahawks(sleeper)

On the buble Bears,Cowboys,Gmen

AFC

Denver
San Diego
Patriots
Houston
Baltimore
Pittsburgh

Bubble Jets,Titans,Cincy

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Nobody is going to bookmark this, are they?
Packers, Bears, Falcons, Boys, Seahags, 49ers.
Bills, Pats, Bengals, Chiefs, Texans, um.. well... gee.. there has to be six don't there? Well uh Jets led by TBow.

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
-I don't have a great feeling on the Broncos but I am willing to see how it works out. Their schedule is a huge ouch and I think Broncos fans are expecting too much. They were so lucky last year.....Their D is overrated too against good teams but they might improve in the draft. I don't think Peyton's heart will ever truly be in Denver. It's in Indy. His mind and worth ethic will be 100% with the Broncos though I know that.

-I am very torn on how I feel about the Saints. Part of me thinks they might have a giant F U attitude and roll all year like the Pats of 2007. And then on the flip side I could see them sucking. My hunch is they might be quite good.

-The Patriots schedule looks so easy outside a few teams. I am never high on SB losers but if they stay healthy who knows.....they could be the first since Buffalo to go back again after losing it. And the SB is in NO and they tend to go to SBs there. Part of me thinks Brady/BB have one more ring left in him and part of me says no way. I don't want that ring to happen at the expense of Green Bay in the next few years.

-The Packers will be more boring then last year but still easily make the postseason. The D will improve more then people predict. (I hope)

-I am not sure I see the 49ers going back to the playoffs. I might go with Seattle for a sleeper.

-Houston stays healthy they will roll. Unless expectations get the better of them like they have in the past.

-Indy will be suprisingly competitive win or lose.

-AFC North is a toss up. I can make cases for the Ravens/Steelers/Bengals easily.

-Jets seem like an enigma to me.

-I am not feeling much over the Lions and Bears. Meh.

-I think the Eagles have potential to make the playoffs if they get it together.

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
I love Jules :inlove:

I have Denver at 8-8 or 9-7.
Think about Peyton for a moment, and look at the games where he did not have his starting wide receivers. First one comes to mind is that Dallas game from 2010, and the Chargers one from that same year. 4 INT's on both those games. Denver don't have top WR talent, and I'm not saying he's going to throw 4 ints every game, but I am predicting some not so big numbers for Peyton. Pretty easy when you're throwing to Wayne, Garcon, Clark, and Collie, and for the sake of it, Marvin Harrison. Unless Denver acquires some great WR talent, I don't think their receivers are going to do a whole lot.

I like to be proven wrong with playoff predictions, but I wouldn't mind being proven correct here, by predicting the Giants go 8-8 or 9-7, and do not make the playoffs, while the Cowboys or Eagles win the division.

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
I love Jules :inlove:

I have Denver at 8-8 or 9-7.
Think about Peyton for a moment, and look at the games where he did not have his starting wide receivers. First one comes to mind is that Dallas game from 2010, and the Chargers one from that same year. 4 INT's on both those games. Denver don't have top WR talent, and I'm not saying he's going to throw 4 ints every game, but I am predicting some not so big numbers for Peyton. Pretty easy when you're throwing to Wayne, Garcon, Clark, and Collie, and for the sake of it, Marvin Harrison. Unless Denver acquires some great WR talent, I don't think their receivers are going to do a whole lot.

I like to be proven wrong with playoff predictions, but I wouldn't mind being proven correct here, by predicting the Giants go 8-8 or 9-7, and do not make the playoffs, while the Cowboys or Eagles win the division.

They are so into CBs though. Signed Porter. Tried to get Asante and who knows if they try again.

Will be interesting to see how Denver does. Last year for them was about as flukey as one gets. Crennel has his number and has on every team he has been on and so has SD.

The entire division is an enigma.

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
The Saints are a tough one to call. I am not high on the rest of that division.

I remember how the Colts were in 2009......I felt like they were playing for Dungy more then they were for Caldwell a lot. Perhaps the Saints have the F U attitude we are still good and will play for Payton. I don't know.

Saints are another enigma.

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
North: Green Bay Packers
South: Atlanta Falcons
West: San Francisco 49er's
East: Dallas Cowboys
Wild Card: Philadelphia Eagles and Detroit Lions

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
Can the Cowboys really do it? At times I say no way but they seem really due for a season with some good luck. I mean God, look at them last year. Never did a break seem to go their way.

They are due for luck.

And no way does Eli repeat the 4th quarter of miracles he had all last season to help save the Giants. If he does I will start to think he is the chosen one or something lmao.

The Giants last year were a team who played their best when their backs were against the wall.

Vltrophy

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
f
Since the schedules came out(one step closer to the season) I wanted to see whats your guys take on the 6 teams from each conference that will make the playoffs next year?

Not based by seeds

NFC

Eagles
Packers
Lions
49ers
Saints
Seahawks(sleeper)

On the buble Bears,Cowboys,Gmen

AFC

Denver
San Diego
Patriots
Houston
Baltimore
Pittsburgh

Bubble Jets,Titans,Cincy
For the NFC I'm dropping the Saints & putting the Falcons in. In the AFC I'm dropping S.D. & putting in TN as the # 6 seed

Reaction score
Unless we see a serious sophmore slump, expect Carolina to take the South. Saints have too much drama going on and the Falcons are nothing but chokers.

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
Unless we see a serious sophmore slump, expect Carolina to take the South. Saints have too much drama going on and the Falcons are nothing but chokers.

I could see Carolina doing it. The X factor might be Cam if he gets on the Madden cover lmao.

As for the Saints,even more drama is unfolding it seems. I am starting to doubt them now and their chances. It will be interesting. Then again they could be the perfect villain for the season if they did well.

Vltrophy

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was actually debating Car or Atl when I made my pick. I worried a bit about the sophomore slump.
They talk about the sophmore slump but after Cam's accomplishments last year it'll be hard to beat. I predict he'll throw for 3800-4100 yards,throw 25TD's 10 INT's & run for 8 TD's.

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
I might rather go with Carolina if not the Saints.

There will be a few new playoff teams next year. There always is. Carolina could be a WC too.

Sophomore slump can be a concern but I do think Cam is the real deal. (unless he gets that darn Madden cover)

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
They are so into CBs though. Signed Porter. Tried to get Asante and who knows if they try again.

Will be interesting to see how Denver does. Last year for them was about as flukey as one gets. Crennel has his number and has on every team he has been on and so has SD.

The entire division is an enigma.

Take it from me, I loved Tracy Porter back in 2009 but at the same time, look at him now.

Porter in 2009 was like a super human. The Saints entire defense were turnover hogs that season, and I think most of it had to do with Sharper cause they have been god awful with the turnovers since he left, but in the few games he played in 2010 (Pittsburgh on Halloween for example) they had turnovers that really changed those games.

Porter didn't look like the guy that picked off Favre and Manning to win games in the post season against the 49ers. When it came right down to it, he looked clueless out there getting burned by Vernon Davis. Now down here, Saints fans blame it all on Greg Williams, but let's face it. This guy got the pick on Manning in the Super Bowl and stopped Favre in the NFC Championship. There's no excuse he looked so lost out there against the 49ers.

Of 2 of the 3 games the Saints lost last year, Porter got absolutely shredded by average at best wide receivers. Josh Freeman made him look really bad in the Tampa Bay game. There were at least 3 times I remember where he could have picked him off but he was too busy "covering".

I just think it's hilarious that Manning and Porter are on the same team. The same guy that picked him off and humiliated him in the Super Bowl is now his team mate LOL

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
The Saints are a tough one to call. I am not high on the rest of that division.

I remember how the Colts were in 2009......I felt like they were playing for Dungy more then they were for Caldwell a lot. Perhaps the Saints have the F U attitude we are still good and will play for Payton. I don't know.

Saints are another enigma.

The Saints got screwed no matter how anyone looks at it. Bounties or not, Goodell went way over the edge punishing them.

Other than all the drama BS surrounding them, I don't think Spagnalo fixes them in ONE season. That's really the problem with Saints fans I know, they are expecting this guy to go over the moon in just ONE season. He couldn't fix the Rams defense in 3 years, and I praise that pick up of Chamberlain for a linebacker, but I don't think he fixes their defense in one season, and with Goodell now wanting to suspend players, that's going to make it worse. Saints really got shafted this year, but I still predict 10 wins, but they are going to struggle a bit early in the season.

Looking at Carolina though, they are poised to win the division. Rivera is a defensive minded coach, and if you go through all their games last year, they would be up by 10 or more points and then let the other team come back. They could have been 10-6 without that. I think they'll get it together. All Newton has to do is tone down those rookie mistakes, and he is easily a top 5 quarterback.

Geaux Saints

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I might be bias (duh), but the Falcons will not win the South. Don't write off the Saints. Spags can only make this D better. I don't think we could be much worse, plus the heart and soul of this team winning last year and our Super Bowl run is our offense. This O we be as good or better than last season (IMO). Regarding the NFC, I definitely think Green Bay wins the North. Will the Madden curse bite the Lions and Megatron....? If so, they'll be hard pressed to grab a WC. The Giants are usually a second half of the season team...and their last 8 or 9 games are pretty brutal. They may not even grab a WC.

Eagles
Packers
Saints
Forty-Whiners

Lions
Cowgirls

Patriots
Ravens
Texans
Raiders

Steelers
Chargers (odds have to be in their favor at some point)

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A few of you were on top of the Seahawks. Nice work.
Looks like the Iggles and Giants were the floppers. Lioons & Saints too. Chargers as usual. Steelers as well.

OK, HERE WE ARE NOW.... I was going to invite you guys into my $10 playoff pool, but figure it to be too hard and I can't collect the $10 safely.... plus you'd all pick the Packers all the way thru your brackets LOL.

But anyway, we have 7 hours here before game 1 starts, and 11 hours before our game.

Get your predictions for the playoffs down here then: I'll go with what I have on my sheet.

WILDCARD ROUND WINNERS
Texans over Bengals
Packers
Seahawks over Redskins
Ravens over Colts

DIVISIONAL ROUND
49ers over Packers
Falcons over Seahawks
Broncos over Ravens
Patriots over Texans

CONFERENCE TITLE GAMES
49ers over Falcons
Broncos over Patriots

SUPER BOWL
Broncos over 49ers

Vltrophy

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Before the season started I predicted the Packers beating the Eagles in the NFC Championship & the Ravens over the Pats in the AFC Championship. SB prediction was Packers over Ravens 38-24. I'll stick w/it although I don't think the Ravens will make.

Reaction score
Tonight is our toughest challenge. San Fran is too divided and we're healthy and more focused then they are. I don't see Atlanta beating either the Redskins or the Seahawks. But we'll be hosting the Seahawks for the title game, and then it's on to the Superbowl. And Denver will get owned by us.

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Tonight is our toughest challenge. San Fran is too divided and we're healthy and more focused then they are. I don't see Atlanta beating either the Redskins or the Seahawks. But we'll be hosting the Seahawks for the title game, and then it's on to the Superbowl. And Denver will get owned by us.

I think we host the Seahawks as well.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I think we host the Seahawks as well.

He said that?

Rodgers in the House said:
Tonight is our toughest challenge. San Fran is too divided and we're healthy and more focused then they are. I don't see Atlanta beating either the Redskins or the Seahawks. But we'll be hosting the Seahawks for the title game, and then it's on to the Superbowl. And Denver will get owned by us.​

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts