Playoff picture 2015

pfcmsh

Cheesehead
Reaction score
100% disagree to the point of this whole thread.... The reason the playoffs exist is to help find out who the best team in the league is. Throwing games in order to get an "easier path" is ridiculous.

You want to be the best, beat the challengers. If you can't you don't deserve it. Sad that this is even a conversation about throwing a game.

I don't know if you guys all competed in sports, and maybe this is my own viewpoint only.... But anytime you have something to play for you play, and you play to win. That wouldn't go over well in most locker rooms either. "Hey guys I don't think we are good enough to beat Seattle, so why don't we rest and take on Washington next week. Sound like a plan? Cool. See you next week."

It's a corrupt way of thinking... And I hope the majority of people wouldn't stand that for that. Who cares if it's a harder road. You want a championship EARN IT.

You make perfect sense. We are an average to above average team as long as AR doesn't get hit. When he gets hit, he doesn't play well. Let's win the Minnesota game and go into the playoffs with our heads held high. If we get beat, we get beat, but at least we play with championship effort.

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
With the offense playing as inconsistently as they are to purposely tank a game (against a division rival!!) would be ludicrous. Play to win, face all comers and let the best team advance.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
First off the words let's tank the game never left my mouth so calm down. The whole purpose of this thread is me basically saying that if we lose? it may not be as bad for us because we are still in the playoffs regardless..and drawing Washington over Seattle would probably be better for us which we all deep down inside would prefer. Play to win the game yes... But if they happen to fall short? It wouldn't be as tough to swallow. Nothing more, nothing less....so you can all R-E-L-A-X haha

Un4GivN

Cheesehead
Reaction score
First off the words let's tank the game never left my mouth so calm down. The whole purpose of this thread is me basically saying that if we lose? it may not be as bad for us because we are still in the playoffs regardless..and drawing Washington over Seattle would probably be better for us which we all deep down inside would prefer. Play to win the game yes... But if they happen to fall short? It wouldn't be as tough to swallow.

I was more referring to the posters talking about resting the line and Aaron from taking hits.

Winning your games is your number 1 concern right now. This team does not need the disappointment of losing the NFC North to the Vikings.

They should come out firing with a chip on their shoulders, give it all they have on Sunday, put up 35+ if possible and run the Vikings out of Green Bay crying for their moms if they can. (not saying its possible but that should be the goal) At least then you can go into the Seahawks game with confidence, a division title and knowing you can perform when it matters.

Losing the Vikings game this weekend, at home, and the North title would be demoralizing for team that hasn't be able to execute the way they want.

JP Doyal

AR12
Reaction score
I don't think some of you give the Redskins enough credit...They seem to be building pretty good momentum and are all on the same page. Kirk Cousins and Jordan Reed have played great as well. They could be the sleeper team this year.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You make perfect sense. We are an average to above average team as long as AR doesn't get hit. When he gets hit, he doesn't play well. Let's win the Minnesota game and go into the playoffs with our heads held high. If we get beat, we get beat, but at least we play with championship effort.
I don't think ARod getting hit has much to do with it. It is the consistent and frustrating pressure that is the problem. But I do think he will need to sling it more to this batch of receivers. Not much point in waiting for them to get open.

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packers need to avoid any team with a pass rush...that would include Seattle, Washington and Minnesota. Those three teams all rush the quarterback better than the Cardinals and we just saw what the Cardinals did to the Packer's offense.

Un4GivN

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packers need to avoid any team with a pass rush...that would include Seattle, Washington and Minnesota. Those three teams all rush the quarterback better than the Cardinals and we just saw what the Cardinals did to the Packer's offense.

Is this a joke? Or a bad troll?

I would rather see my team lose 48-0 and exit the playoffs, then to see them hurt the integrity of the Packers organization in "hopes" to get a better match-up.

Integrity > Rings

If you are going to win the championship earn it! If you can't you never deserved it in the first place. I'm a die hard Packer fan that wants to see the trophy here... But not at that cost.

Last edited:

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score

So.......how do the Packers "avoid" either of those 3 teams, since we play MN this Sunday and depending on results, Seattle or Washington the following week. I don't quite get the post or am I missing something here?

Un4GivN

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So.......how do the Packers "avoid" either of those 3 teams, since we play MN this Sunday and depending on results, Seattle or Washington the following week. I don't quite get the post or am I missing something here?

I think we should just surrender... Why even play the game if we know we are going to lose? Everyone go build a big snowman instead! :roflmao:

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I get the odd "optimistic viewpoint" of: "if we lose on Sunday our path to the SB might be easier through Washington---->Carolina----->Arizona". However, the bottom line is, if we don't find our offense like right now, time is about up. What this team needs is a solid outing on Sunday, a win and confidence heading into the playoffs that they can beat anyone. I don't think a loss on Sunday does anything but put more question marks and doubt in all the players minds.

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I didn't really think that would be taken literally...we're not talking about a traffic jam here. I was simply pointing out that the Packers should hope to avoid playing one of those aforementioned teams in the first round.

But thank you for pointing out that the literal meaning of my words was nonsensical. I'm sure nobody else understood what I was trying to say.

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Is this a joke? Or a bad troll?

I would rather see my team lose 48-0 and exit the playoffs, then to see them hurt the integrity of the Packers organization in "hopes" to get a better match-up.

Integrity > Rings

If you are going to win the championship earn it! If you can't you never deserved it in the first place. I'm a die hard Packer fan that wants to see the trophy here... But not at that cost.

I never said a thing about the Packers throwing a game...I simply said that the Packers need to avoid a team with a good pass rush. I have no idea what the playoff scenarios are but if the Packers want to get out of the first round, playing a team with a good pass rush is a bad idea.

Un4GivN

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I didn't really think that would be taken literally...we're not talking about a traffic jam here. I was simply pointing out that the Packers should hope to avoid playing one of those aforementioned teams in the first round.

But thank you for pointing out that the literal meaning of my words was nonsensical. I'm sure nobody else understood what I was trying to say.

I actually went back to re-read it... And I'm still not understanding it. It says we should avoid every possible outcome of the divisional round.

I think our point is the Packers shouldn't "avoid" anyone. Just play better...

I have no idea what the playoff scenarios are but if the Packers want to get out of the first round

That clarifies it... Yes you mentioned every team they could play as being on your avoid list. That is why we were confused.

And I'd rather play Minnesota, Washington... Or even Seattle at home. While Arizona doesn't have the best pass rush in the world. It's pretty good. And they are a much more well rounded team than Minn or Wash. Seattle seems a little up and down yet and that would be at home. So a little bonus

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
How different would you feel about this season if the Packers win their first playoff game and then lose their second versus if they lose the first playoff game? IOW would winning the first playoff game make you feel appreciably better about the season if they lose the second?

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How different would you feel about this season if the Packers win their first playoff game and then lose their second versus if they lose the first playoff game? IOW would winning the first playoff game make you feel appreciably better about the season if they lose the second?

I'd honestly say it would. I honestly don't have them winning a single playoff game at the moment. MM still can't adjust when things break down..and there's a lot that's broken.

Un4GivN

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'd honestly say it would. I honestly don't have them winning a single playoff game at the moment. MM still can't adjust when things break down..and there's a lot that's broken.

You play to win the big shiny trophy. Everyone else that didn't has failed... No shame in that, only one team can win.

Last edited:

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I would rather win the NFC North and then take my chances in the Playoffs. Doesn't really matter who we play, 1st, 2nd or 3rd, since eventually we will have to play the best team(s) standing and be the better team each game to continue.

Losing Sunday and then again the following week would be a fitting end to this season, but not how I want to see it end.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
Sounds like a bunch of "loser talk" if you ask me. So we lose then "we win?" for us that have been around should know it provides shallow confidence on some crazy losing formula.

gatorpack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Funny thing is One of those three teams will be the Packers Opponent.

Members online

Latest posts