Playoff picture 2015

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Didn't see another thread on this. How does this look for us?

I keep reading that a win against Vikings and we get Seahawks, whilst a loss gets us Redskins?

Would a loss here be better?

thisisnate

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If GB wins vs Minnesota...
- we get Minnesota if Seattle beats Arizona
- we get Seattle if Arizona beats Seattle

If GB loses vs Minnesota...
- we are the 5th seed going to Washington

thisisnate

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think another home game vs. Minnesota has to be the preferred scenario. Versus Seattle is the least preferred depending on your thirst for vengeance.

They've got Carolina and Arizona playing at the same time. Arizona could conceivably take the #1 seed if Carolina loses, so they can't afford to take the gas off vs. Seattle. Smart or lucky of them to schedule those games at the same time, because if Carolina played early and won, I suspect Arizona would rest some guys.

aristotle

Cheesehead
Reaction score
one win in the playoffs id the best this team is going to do. They are not beating the Panthers or the Cardinals.
Inept receivers and no Tight End are the downfall of this season. Why Rodgers doesn't roll out on 70% of the plays is beyond me. he sits there and gets hit.

Un4GivN

Cheesehead
Reaction score
one win in the playoffs id the best this team is going to do. They are not beating the Panthers or the Cardinals.
Inept receivers and no Tight End are the downfall of this season. Why Rodgers doesn't roll out on 70% of the plays is beyond me. he sits there and gets hit.

I honestly believe the "can" beat the Panthers... Just not how they played last night. Not sure they could beat my high school team the way they played last night though. So that isn't saying much.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My preference in order is:
1) Minnesota at home
2) Seattle at home
3) Washington on the road

I see Washington beating us in a painful game on the road. I also want to go to another home playoff game at Lambeau, so I'm a bit prejudiced.

Patriotplayer90

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That's a good point. He is agile and throws more accurately on the run than most do in the pocket. He'd have to at least feel more comfortable knowing he wasn't a sitting duck if there were more designed roll-outs.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Seattle. If the Packers win? the time in the playoffs will be shorter than I thought because I'm expecting Seattle to come to town. I actually wouldn't be upset if we lost and went to Washington and let the Vikings deal with Seattle. Hey, last SB came from us being a WC team so there ya go. How's that for you optimistic folks?

Un4GivN

Cheesehead
Reaction score
To me, Seattle, Minn, Carolina, and Washington are all beatable. Don't care who we get of those. My sanity can't take Arizona quite yet. Give me a week.

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Seattle. If the Packers win? the time in the playoffs will be shorter than I thought because I'm expecting Seattle to come to town. I actually wouldn't be upset if we lost and went to Washington and let the Vikings deal with Seattle. Hey, last SB came from us being a WC team so there ya go. How's that for you optimistic folks?

I actually totally agree with you that it makes perfect sense from purely a tactical standpoint. In fact I'd go as far as to say if they rested Rodgers, the banged up starters on the O line, and anyone else who needs a rest, they might even be rejuvenated enough to give them a little more of a chance in the playoffs AND give them 2 weeks to prepare for Washington.

With all that said, they'll never do it. Conceding the division to a hated rival at home would be a PR disaster, no matter how logical the reason. They'll keep throwing punches this year to the bitter end, which very might well be against Seattle in the WC round.

AKCheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Gotta hit bottom and recognize yout problems before you can start to get better. Either losing to Minny at Lambeau to give Minny a title, OR getting bounced out of the playoffs in Lambeau would qualify.

red4tribe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We are going to have to win four games. Any way to make one of them easier I'm happy with. I'm all for losing and going to Washington. Plus, if we win we'll be the #3 seed, which means if we get bye the wild card round we'd automatically go to Arizona (assuming Arizona is #2). I'd rather be #5 and go to Carolina, where he already almost won.

Ogsponge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It is amusing that anyone thinks THIS team will have an easier time beating anyone. Unless they have been pulling of the greatest sandbagging in the history of sports, this team is going nowhere.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We are going to have to win four games. Any way to make one of them easier I'm happy with. I'm all for losing and going to Washington. Plus, if we win we'll be the #3 seed, which means if we get bye the wild card round we'd automatically go to Arizona (assuming Arizona is #2). I'd rather be #5 and go to Carolina, where he already almost won.

Exactly. Eff the North title. That's the problem around GB as it is. They are so concerned with winning the North every year it's annoying. Winning the north should be second tier to winning the SB. They are lucky that Rogers caught that Hailmary in Detroit.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It is amusing that anyone thinks THIS team will have an easier time beating anyone. Unless they have been pulling of the greatest sandbagging in the history of sports, this team is going nowhere.

The point is they have more of a chance at winning at least ONE game if they go to Wshington. If Seattle comes here with this sorry oline and their d line? And with their secondary against our Wrs? It'll be another early playoff exit at home for sure. It doesn't helps we get hardly any production from the tightends and you never know who will have a costly fumble first...Starks or Lacy? I'd rather lose in Arizona again instead of at home to Seattle of all teams...in the 1st round.

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
Exactly. Eff the North title. That's the problem around GB as it is. They are so concerned with winning the North every year it's annoying. Winning the north should be second tier to winning the SB.
You really nailed that one - exactly right: The big problem in Green Bay is the organization thinks winning the division to start the playoffs at home (and potentially get a first round bye) is the first goal to be achieved in the regular season. :rolleyes:

Un4GivN

Cheesehead
Reaction score
100% disagree to the point of this whole thread.... The reason the playoffs exist is to help find out who the best team in the league is. Throwing games in order to get an "easier path" is ridiculous.

You want to be the best, beat the challengers. If you can't you don't deserve it. Sad that this is even a conversation about throwing a game.

I don't know if you guys all competed in sports, and maybe this is my own viewpoint only.... But anytime you have something to play for you play, and you play to win. That wouldn't go over well in most locker rooms either. "Hey guys I don't think we are good enough to beat Seattle, so why don't we rest and take on Washington next week. Sound like a plan? Cool. See you next week."

It's a corrupt way of thinking... And I hope the majority of people wouldn't stand that for that. Who cares if it's a harder road. You want a championship EARN IT.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Let's see.....sit the starters......get blown out at home...don't win the NFC North Title...then travel to Washington with absolutely no momentum and the same offense that was just on the field this past Sunday........:cautious:....I'll take my chances on the Seahags in GB......time to get some confidence and a little momentum.......blow those Vikings out!

Also, the last thing I want to close this season with are people second guessing the Packers "resting/laying down" just to go to Washington to get beaten by a .500 team. I would much rather go down swinging, even if that means having to go back to Arizona for Round 2. Face your fears.

Last edited:

RRyder

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And if you pull that off... Seattle and AZ... who wants to play you now? Who can stop you?

Pretty much where I'm at.

This team needs a confidence boost in order to make a run and one that they wouldn't get taking the "easier" road in round one. And I say "easier" cause if we play like we did Sunday Washington beats us by 20 on the road too so what's the point?

Give me Seattle at Lambeau and the chance to build the confidence needed to make a run.

ExpatPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Right now I don't have confidence in the Packers beating ANY team in the NFL. They look almost as hapless as the Dallas Cowboys. What the Packers need now is a win against a very solid division rival that is on the way up. If the Packers are to have any chance at all in the playoffs, they have to win next Sunday IMO. Unless it's a really well-played, close game, a loss to the Vikings next week and the Packers might as well forget the playoffs.

Members online

Latest posts