Playoff Hopes

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Personally I think there's just too much to overcome after a three and six start. But after sunday's effort, there is legitimate hope that they can get things together. In my opinion, they need four things to happen.
1-win six of their last seven. I don't think 9 and 8 will do it, and even ten and seven will likely need a tie breaker.
2-Seattle comes back down to earth and the 49ers win the West. I think the 49ers are going to start to roll as they get healthy, and I don't like the odds of winning a tiebreaker with them because of conference records.
3-Atlanta comes back down to earth and does no better than eight and nine. It would be nice to have a tie breaker with the Bucs but they're going to win that pathetic division.
4-Washington needs to lose a few. Not going to catch the Giants or cowboys, and Washington has a tiebreaker over us.
Maybe we need too much at this point to break our way, but Hope springs eternal. What says the forum?

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
One week at a time. To have any chance, we need to stay healthy. We've seen glimpses of what this team "can" be both good and bad. If we keep some consistency with the health from here on out, I think we'll see more good. But we are in a big hole, shouldn't have lost to Giants, Jets or Detroit. Even winning 1 of them would make our chances a lot better, but we didn't. Up hill climbs can still be fun. But i'm taking it one week at a time.

OP
OP
P

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
One week at a time. To have any chance, we need to stay healthy. We've seen glimpses of what this team "can" be both good and bad. If we keep some consistency with the health from here on out, I think we'll see more good. But we are in a big hole, shouldn't have lost to Giants, Jets or Detroit. Even winning 1 of them would make our chances a lot better, but we didn't. Up hill climbs can still be fun. But i'm taking it one week at a time.
I think that if we fall short the biggest regrets will have the Detroit and Washington games.

Packerbacker1996

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree with your assesment. I think it the deficit might to be big to overcome

We might look back at the loss to Detroit as the nail at the end of this, and the fact that Washington run over the Eagles was bad for us as well.

They way I was picturing this is we beat Tennessee at home then go and hand the high flying overconfident Eagles there first loss however Washington beat us to it helping the eagles refocus making the task even harder for us.

That said it will come down to staying healthy , good game plans, execution and how bad does this team wants to win.
As well as Watson playing consistent and improving from here on.
If that hapoends and Romeo comes back we might have something here.

Thats a lot of ifs for now.
Let's win convincingly vs Tennessee with Watson having another big game and see what things look like from there.

lambeaulambo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I cannot decide what would be better. Truthfully I think our team does better in a dome/warm weather atmosphere than the friendly confines of Lambeau field. Winning out is not an option I don't think. If this team gets hot the last 4 weeks and slithers in look out. I could see going to Dallas and putting McCarthy in Jerry's doghouse...lol

Could finish 5-2 but then the help and some luck would have to reverse the Tottenham curse that was so graciously put on. If I am Murphy I would tell the NFL that the crown jewel of the NFL is exempt from ever playing in England again. Scotland maybe - that way AR12 finally gets to wear a dress. LOL

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Personally I think there's just too much to overcome after a three and six start. But after sunday's effort, there is legitimate hope that they can get things together. In my opinion, they need four things to happen.
1-win six of their last seven. I don't think 9 and 8 will do it, and even ten and seven will likely need a tie breaker.
2-Seattle comes back down to earth and the 49ers win the West. I think the 49ers are going to start to roll as they get healthy, and I don't like the odds of winning a tiebreaker with them because of conference records.
3-Atlanta comes back down to earth and does no better than eight and nine. It would be nice to have a tie breaker with the Bucs but they're going to win that pathetic division.
4-Washington needs to lose a few. Not going to catch the Giants or cowboys, and Washington has a tiebreaker over us.
Maybe we need too much at this point to break our way, but Hope springs eternal. What says the forum?
I see the 3 WC teams as the Giants, Commanders, and Lions.

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

I cannot decide what would be better. Truthfully I think our team does better in a dome/warm weather atmosphere than the friendly confines of Lambeau field. Winning out is not an option I don't think. If this team gets hot the last 4 weeks and slithers in look out. I could see going to Dallas and putting McCarthy in Jerry's doghouse...lol

Could finish 5-2 but then the help and some luck would have to reverse the Tottenham curse that was so graciously put on. If I am Murphy I would tell the NFL that the crown jewel of the NFL is exempt from ever playing in England again. Scotland maybe - that way AR12 finally gets to wear a dress. LOL

We wouldn`t want our stadium stunk up with a performance like that ever again anyway. If they ever do, I DARE you to come......lol I`ll even provide all the beer. Decent stuff too, none of that Budweiser crap.

Seriously though, I can`t see us making the playoffs this year, there are too many ifs and buts.

lambeaulambo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We wouldn`t want our stadium stunk up with a performance like that ever again anyway. If they ever do, I DARE you to come......lol I`ll even provide all the beer. Decent stuff too, none of that Budweiser crap.

Seriously though, I can`t see us making the playoffs this year, there are too many ifs and buts.
No disagreement there lol on beer. If I ever showed up itd be to check out Lancashire as well. Its on my bucket list so never say never.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts