Playing with a chip on his/their shoulder.

missinghoagies

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am hoping the pro bowl snub really motivates Rogers to play with something to prove in the playoffs. I remember thinking after the Pack lost to Zona last year that they would play all season with a major chip on their shoulder, for whatever reason it hasn't happened in large part due to injuries and maybe some of the preseason hype that was seemingly making him a first ballot HOFer and them the next Super Bowl Champs. Usually I am not a guy who looks for external motivations for players or worry about giving teams bulletin board materials but this pro bowl snub might serve to really motivate him and maybe the team to a lesser degree.

When diva #4 went into treatment for his addiction I remember him saying the at the presser either before or after that the Pack was going to get it done and it would not be wise to bet against him/them...i.e. chip on shoulder(weird thing was that once he proved it he never played with the same chip on his shoulder and never accomplished the ultimate in team sports again), Rogers has an incredible opportunity to beat at least 2 of the QBs taken in front of him in Vick and Ryan in their house and if the cards fall right he could get Brees in his house too and then maybe Brady, Manning, or Rothlisberger in the SB...

He can shut up all of diva #4's fans once and for all if he can manage to score at least 24 points in each game with the way the defense is playing right now that should be enough to win each game. If he doesn't rise to the challenge doesn't mean he will not in the future...all's I am saying is he has a great opportunity to get it done right now.

Here's hoping to a great New Year for Rogers and the Pack! Happy New Year everyone.

KilrB

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rodgers always says the right thing and i believe his focus is on the team and winning over the Pro Bowl.

But everyone wants to gain respect of thier peers. Even though the pro bowl has equal input from fans now and not just coaches and players. It has to mean something to him. And i hope it does motivate him to perform even better.

OP
OP
M

missinghoagies

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i dont think rodgers really cares about the pro bowl when there are real games still to be played

Yeah I am not sure as I am not in Rogers' head but b/c there is player and coaching voting if I am MM i am in his ear about once and for all proving himself as the best QB in the NFC and completely putting diva #4 to rest, also the team has an opportunity Mr. Woodson is not getting any younger..like I said I am not usually a guy who looks for external motivations but if there was ever one, maybe this would be it, also I heard Rogers was at an ESPN NFC championship party and he and his boys were rooting like crazy for the saints last year so I think he does think to a degree about the bigger picture...

JCpackers04

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think three things already factor in to Rodgers playing with a chip on his shoulder

A) He doesnt have the best numbers against the Bears

B) It being a must win game

C) the speculation that Rodgers cant win a big game

I think Rodgers will have a big game sunday with the Bears having nothing to play for.

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm tired of the whole "Michael Vick for President" thing. He had a pretty good year, but DEFINITELY NOT an MVP type season. He didn't begin the season as a starter or start every game after that. The fan vote is A JOKE. The average fans have no idea about the way the current season is going. The average fan votes on a name. I'm shocked Favre wasn't voted in too.

DevilDon

Inclement Weather Fan
Reaction score
I'm tired of the whole "Michael Vick for President" thing. He had a pretty good year, but DEFINITELY NOT an MVP type season. He didn't begin the season as a starter or start every game after that. The fan vote is A JOKE. The average fans have no idea about the way the current season is going. The average fan votes on a name. I'm shocked Favre wasn't voted in too.
You know, one of the things profilers look for in a serial killer is the willful hurt or killing of animals. This dude is sick. I don't care how good of a football player he is. I'm pretty darned good at my job too. He gets paid millions to ply his trade.
It's disgusting people can look past his transgressions and make him a hero. What next? Most Valuable *********?
He's paid his price in jail, but until I hear about how he's saved the Philly area homeless with his entire paycheck, I'm taking a pass on this scumbag.
I'm not so ranting on Vick as ranting on fans who can support this piece of poop. Would you welcome him as a neighbor?
Talk about star crossed lovers.

Wood Chipper

Fantasy Football Guru
Reaction score
He's paid his price in jail, but until I hear about how he's saved the Philly area homeless with his entire paycheck, I'm taking a pass on this scumbag.

actually he is still paying back atlanta so right now he isnt making as much as u might think

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You know, one of the things profilers look for in a serial killer is the willful hurt or killing of animals. This dude is sick. I don't care how good of a football player he is. I'm pretty darned good at my job too. He gets paid millions to ply his trade.
It's disgusting people can look past his transgressions and make him a hero. What next? Most Valuable *********?
I'm not so ranting on Vick as ranting on fans who can support this piece of poop. Would you welcome him as a neighbor?
Talk about star crossed lovers.

I agree with you. If Vick quarterbacked the Packers to a Super Bowl I still wouldn't cheer for him.

The argument I get is, "they were only dogs. He served his time." While that is true, why is he treated differently than any other felon? I know people convicted of lesser crimes who have trouble finding a job, not to menton people still look down on them. It seems like Vick going to jail was the greatest thing to happen to the guy. He's revered as a saint now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts