1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Picking Pro Bowlers over Number Ones

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by IPBprez, Apr 26, 2005.

1. Mackie2001

Mackie2001 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Slick,

In the NFL, they time everything including the snap to the punter, the time it takes to get the punt off and the hang time. They also know how much time they have before before the defense breaks through and can block the punt. All of this is known, on the average, and the variation around the average. So, if they know all of those things, shouldn't they use them? Maybe there are some punters that can easily adjust. Maybe some have been punting the way that since there were five years old and it becomes a project to change it.

2. IPBprez

IPBprez Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +5
    Agreed... There's only one reason WHY the NFL would feel the need to change something in a Player... and that's to make a winner out of 'em. Mackie - add to that, the fact that BJ's having a pretty good summer in the NFL-E. Ya think it might be he's gettin the hang of bein an NFL punter, instead of a college punter?

I would think so... but, we'll see! By July, we should hear the news, good or bad.

3. Mackie2001

Mackie2001 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    IPBprez,

It's a long way to Tipperary.

4. CaliforniaCheez

CaliforniaCheez Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Sherman is in a "contract" year. He has pressure to perform. Everything about the Packers this year is competition for everything. The team seems "hungry". Those who aren't will be overtaken. Chatman seems to have gotten the message while others have not. DB competition seems the most intriguing.

5. packer4ever

packer4ever Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Sander is still JUNK

6. Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool I own a website

Ratings:
    +8
    I agreed.

Then,
    I think they should have just let him be and see how it went, if there were some close calls, change it. Hell, maybe they DID do that. I didn't really pay attention to the Punter in the Pre-Season.

Now,

WHAT?!! They TIME stuff in the NATIONAL FOOTBALL LEAGUE. NO WAY!! Those tricky bastids!!

No shyt sherlock. Why are you being so damn ignorant about this? I said my opinion, you said yours. Just get the phuck off this already. You are broken record of ignorance and its OFN.

I wanted to be polite but you jus don't deserve(opinion) it and I'm too tired to give a damn.

7. arrowgargantuan

arrowgargantuan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4
    you need to relax dude.

drink a beer, or take a nap.

8. Zero2Cool

Ratings:
    +8
    I'm relaxed. Just exhausted. Prolly need a little T.O. from the ignorant duo is all :)

9. Mackie2001

Mackie2001 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    What was that all about? There are points on both sides of any discussion that can be made. Isn't that why we're here... to discuss our differing opinions and learn from each other?

10. arrowgargantuan

arrowgargantuan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4
    the sooner you understand you were wrong for replying the better off you are. :wink:

11. Mackie2001

Mackie2001 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    That should be easy to do. I've been ignoring people for a long time in forums.

A good punter , in my view, will be very important to the success of the Packers this year, especially early in the season. I'm trying to get as much information on Sander as there is available. It seems he is progressing nicely. It's still a long way to the NFL from NFL-Europe.

12. Zero2Cool

Ratings:
    +8

Yes'sir it is.

13. IPBprez

IPBprez Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +5
    Nice!

Remember though, even the WR's find out that in the NFL, everything happens at a quicker pace... How many College Superstars have fallen on their faces in this League?