Pick ONE player

Which one player would make the Packers the BEST possible team for 2016-17

• Luke Kuechly, ILB

• Khalil Mack or Von Miller, OLB (u choose)

• JJ Watt, DT/DE

• Todd Gurley or Adrian Peterson, RB (u choose)

• Julio Jones or Antonio Brown or Odell Beckham, WR (u choose)

• Rob Gronkowski, TE

Results are only viewable after voting.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Since the OP is asking which player would make the Packers the best possible team in 2016, I would have to say Gronk.

I am pretty happy with our relatively young Defense and don't think it cost us a trip to the SB as much as the offense did in 2015. I only see the need to sign some of our FA's as well as a quality ILB and the 2016 Defense could be outstanding. Of course most of us said that last year about our offense.

The 2015 offense on the other hand is going to need some work to get back to the level it was in prior years. Getting Jordy back will definitely help, but I don't think it's a secret that we are lacking a TE like Gronk that can add so much more to AR's arsenal and the 2016 Packer offense.

Last edited:

C-Lee

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Gronk. Our offense would be ridiculous.

#2 would be Kuechly. Not only is he the best ILB, he's on his way to becoming one of the best defensive players period.

Patriotplayer90

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think some people have a true appreciation for just how good JJ Watt is. At most positions, the 'best' player is debatable. You can debate between Tom Brady, Aaron Rodgers, Cam Newton, etc. You can debate between Leveon Bell, Todd Gurley, Adrian Peterson, etc. You can debate between Antonio Brown, Julio Jones, and Odell Beckham.

You can't debate Watt's dominance. No other 3-4 end even comes close to being able to do what he does.
Their base defense is 3-4, but it's not the only formation they run. I've seen them have 4 or 5 lineman on the line before.

I think Olsen has narrowed the gap between Gronk and the next best TE in the league, but Watt is so much better than anyone else at the position.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
was it a toss or a flip? I went for the 2 in one Kuechly myself.
It flipped many times in the air, landed on the hard wood floor and rolled under the couch. All in my mind of course.

Reminds me of flipping quarters for sodas on the production line. Loser buys for 4-6 guys. Odd man out until last two then match or not. Several guys got good enough to catch the coin on edge out of the air in the crease of their palm and without looking slide the hand left or right on the back of their other hand depending on whether they needed heads or tails to win. Had to know which ones to get everyone to lift at the same time. Also had to let the cheap turd that kept a 6pack of store brand in his car in case he lost not play or agree to get cold ones from the machine.

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How is Watt not the run away winner on this? Kuechly is phenomenal but there's a reason that Kuechly's contract will not approach the level of a dominant dlineman.

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Because Superman would kick his ****?

Wait...was Superman an option?! Because I really think he would probably be the pick. I mean, he might have problems establishing himself as a runner though, what with the flying and all...

CashInFist

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't see any rings on JJ Watt's fingers either. Just sayin'.

No one player can win it all by themselves (Marino came close), so I think Todd Gurley would give the Packers the most benefit of all the players on that list.

RRyder

Cheesehead
Reaction score

No one player can win it all by themselves (Marino came close), so I think Todd Gurley would give the Packers the most benefit of all the players on that list.

I'd argue that Gurley gives the absolute least benifit to the Packers from the players listed

OP
OP
Crockett&Tubbs

Crockett&Tubbs

Cheesehead
Reaction score

No rings for JJ Watt? Have you heard about his QBs?
Todd Gurley is a RB.... how many rings, again, on Hall of Famer LaDanian Tomlinson (who had Brees and Rivers as his QBs by the way, compare that to JJ Watts QBs), and how many rings on future HOFer Adrian Peterson, again? Who's had some great defenses, Brett Favre's best season, and now a Pro Bowler in Teddy Bridgewater?

RBs don't produce rings really... it's QBs, and great defenses. Typically....

CashInFist

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No rings for JJ Watt? Have you heard about his QBs?
Todd Gurley is a RB.... how many rings, again, on Hall of Famer LaDanian Tomlinson (who had Brees and Rivers as his QBs by the way, compare that to JJ Watts QBs), and how many rings on future HOFer Adrian Peterson, again? Who's had some great defenses, Brett Favre's best season, and now a Pro Bowler in Teddy Bridgewater?

RBs don't produce rings really... it's QBs, and great defenses. Typically....
He is just the one player from the list that I believe would help our team the most. It's just my opinion man.

RRyder

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He is just the one player from the list that I believe would help our team the most. It's just my opinion man.

But why do you think that?

Whether u think he's a generational runner or not he's still a RB and there are great players at positions that would fill much greater needs for the Packers

OP
OP
Crockett&Tubbs

Crockett&Tubbs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You could be right. I like the guy.
I'm just trying to remind folks that even the greatest RBs of the past 20 years really (LT then APeterson) weren't able to get to a single Super Bowl.

True, Gurley would not have to do it all on our team with Rodgers and Janis leading the way going forward....

CashInFist

Cheesehead
Reaction score
But why do you think that?

Whether u think he's a generational runner or not he's still a RB and there are great players at positions that would fill much greater needs for the Packers
I picked Todd Gurley last year. I wanted the Dolphins to draft him. Then we didn't. lol

CashInFist

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's not like Miami blew their pick. They have a good RB already and Parker could be good player.
Well ya know, they even said after the draft they wanted Todd Gurley. If I want a player that bad, I trade up 4-5 spots and get him no matter what. They FAILED. That's what happened.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Gronk is historically great. Watt is probably going down as the best defensive player of all time.

Luke is good and all but I'm not even sure he's the best linebacker.

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
I don't know why this didn't end with Superman (or the super hero of your choice). He's as likely to become a Packer as the others. ;)

CashInFist

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You know what, you all don't seem to like me. I'm so done with that kind of stuff in my life this year. Do you want to actually talk to me? Or should I just leave? I mean seriously. I ain't doing this again this year. Seriously.