Pick any one Packer game for Packer "Illiterates"

Reaction score
Imagine you have someone that has never heard of the Green Bay Packers football team.

Pick one game you would show them to introduce them to the Packers. Pick any game in Packer's history; a game where you can show them and say 'THAT is what makes Packer football so great'.

RainX

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Oh geez. That's a toughy.

The Ice Bowl
The Instant Replay game
Super Bowl XXXI
Favre's first game against Cincy
'94 NFC Wild Card win against the Lions
Favre's '03 MNF game @ Oakland

All are games that stand out in my mind.

Since69

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Green_Bay_Packers said:

what happened in that game?

Who are you and what have you done with the Packer fan who registered here?

Seriously? You don't remember that game? That's the game right after Brett's father died. One of Brett's best games ever...

flep

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ice Bowl
Thanksgiving at Detroit 44 - 40
Superbowl XXXI
MNF at Oakland

and

Superbowl 42 XLII (Bretts final game and the packers 4th superbowl win (Well I can but dream!!!!!!!!!)

DakotaT

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jan-2005
2004 NFC Playoffs - Vikings/Packers :thumbsup:

Get bent, but since you brought that game up, I have vivid memories of a certain receiver wiping his *** on our goalpost. The same guy that is now the source of 2 weeks of pissing and moaning!

Vikesrule, you are an evil person! :whippin:

PackerChick

Cheesehead
Reaction score
vikesrule said:
Jan-2005

Get bent, but since you brought that game up, I have vivid memories of a certain receiver wiping his *** on our goalpost. The same guy that is now the source of 2 weeks of pissing and moaning!

Our wish for Vikesfule is for the Vikings to land Ted Thompson after he messes up and there are guts enough for someone to can him.

vikesrule

Cheesehead
Reaction score
all about da packers said:

OK aadp.

How about January 11, 2004 - Packers/Eagles - "4th and 26"

or perhaps

Sept. 20, 1970 when the Packers lost 40-0 to the Detroit Lions in the season opener at Lambeau Field.

:rotflmao:

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Green_Bay_Packers said:

Seriously? You don't remember that game? That's the game right after Brett's father died. One of Brett's best games ever...
GBP is only 15 and lives in England. He may not have seen or heard of what happened in that game.
Favre's Dad died the day before that game, and Brett decided to play in his honor. He was not only great in that game, but his receivers were incredible in that game. They caught almost everything Brett threw that night. His playing that game caused all his guys to step their game up and make unbelieveable catches all night. I think he threw for 399 yards that game. EVERYONE was pulling for him that night. Even the normally mean Raider fans were cheering for him.

MassPackersFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DakotaT said:
vikesrule said:
Jan-2005

Our wish for Vikesfule is for the Vikings to land Ted Thompson after he messes up and there are guts enough for someone to can him.

Unfortunately for fans like you, it has little to do with "guts" and everything to do with people in the organization who actually know how to evaluate GM performance.

yooperfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The December 1996 final home game against the Vikings.
Even if somebody knew nothing about the Green Bay Packers, they would have been overcome with emotion that day if they were at the game.
The tailgating was the best and most emotional I have ever seen. It was a party I have not witnessed before or since.
The day was balmy for December in Green Bay and the crowd was electric as the Pack had lost only 3 games that year and everyone knew this was a special team.
After the Pack beat the Vikes, nobody wanted to leave, everyone was staying to savor that special atmosphere.
Reggie White jogged around the field touching everyone who could reach him.
Anybody who was there that day will never forget it I'm sure.

Tiger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
for the current team - December 2006 against the Bears - gave an insight into what the team are capable in the future with Hawk, Collins, Barnett etc all having big games.

Green_Bay_Packers

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Since69 said:
Green_Bay_Packers said:

GBP is only 15 and lives in England. He may not have seen or heard of what happened in that game.
Favre's Dad died the day before that game, and Brett decided to play in his honor. He was not only great in that game, but his receivers were incredible in that game. They caught almost everything Brett threw that night. His playing that game caused all his guys to step their game up and make unbelieveable catches all night. I think he threw for 399 yards that game. EVERYONE was pulling for him that night. Even the normally mean Raider fans were cheering for him.

awww thats sad

Thanks cheesey for telling me

Woodson_fan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How about nfl network's viqueens at packers. Kampman shoved that no name QB's head into the ground when he tried to run, and the same no name QB only threw for 50 yards, and one of his passes went to non other than Charles Woodson (heyoooooooooooo).
Take that vikes rule. Don't make make be bring up when Driver turned the other game into a track meet that wore down poor little Darren Sharper. (Once a packer always a packer, until you sign with the vikings)

OP
OP
A
Reaction score
I'd actually pick the game in 2003 versus the Denver Broncos, the game we won by a landslide and the game where the Vikings lost to the Cardinals on the last play.

That game, in my opinion, summed up what the Packers have been: a strong running team with a QB that can change the game, but has never put himself above the team.

But more importantly, what happened after the game is why I picked the game. What were the odds that the Packers would get into the playoffs, and the Vikings would lose in that fashion? Pretty slim, right next to non-existent.

However, that sums up the Packers perfectly: who'd have thought that a small city team like Green Bay would survive for so long? The Packers have been beating the odds since Lord knows when, and it is proof that you can't ever count the Packers out!

Also, it obviously proved that God hates the Vikings too! :lol:

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wouldn't one have to have an understanding of football to even appreciate any of those games?
He didn't say the person didn't understand football, just that they didn't know about the Green Bay Packers.
I know a little about hockey, but i really don't know anything about specific hockey teams.

Lare

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Unfortunately for fans like you, it has little to do with "guts" and everything to do with people in the organization who actually know how to evaluate GM performance.

One would think that teams would evaluate the performance of their GM based on having a winning team. Fans of those teams are the ones who usually consider themselves fortunate.

As to my vote on the most memorable Packer game I ever saw, I would agree with others on the Monday night Oakland game. There was something special going on that night.

Latest posts