Pick a Side: Favre or the PACK

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Man, the mental midgets are in full force!

It's pretty simple- To cheer for Brett to do well while he plays for a division rival is to cheer for that rival to do well. It really is that black and white. It would be like Jets fans rooting for Tom Brady to light it up every week. It's nonsensical. To hope the guy throws for 300 yards and 3 td's every week is to cheer for the Vikes to win most of their games, because it's unrealistic to think they won't. This makes you a Brett Favre fan, which is fine. Just don't pass yourself off as a Packers fan when you obviously aren't.

And to the idiot who keeps thinking two games don't matter- they do. Look at the Chargers last season.

OP
OP
Lone Wolf

Lone Wolf

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I stand behind everything I say. I do not take kindly to supposed "Packer fans" who cheer for #4 while wearing the uniform of the enemy.
I am a passionate fan. I love this team, and I have what this country boy prima donna has done. It is bad enough as it is without suffering the antics of these sorts daring to condescend to be "Packer fans" while cheering for Un4given.
If you think I need help, or disagree with what I say, you can go to hell.
As I wrote in another post, I go in with a negative presumption concerning Vikings fans. Yet ironically, I might actually get along with Skol because at least he is a real fan who supports his team through thick and thin.
Very simply put--you are either for the Pack, or you are for Judas Brettedict Favreold. If the prior, I bid you greetings and salutations behind the Green and Gold. If the latter, you need to relinquish your colors and put on purple. And do not condescend to me about being a Packer fan.

OP
OP
Lone Wolf

Lone Wolf

Cheesehead
Reaction score

It's pretty simple- To cheer for Brett to do well while he plays for a division rival is to cheer for that rival to do well. It really is that black and white. It would be like Jets fans rooting for Tom Brady to light it up every week. It's nonsensical. To hope the guy throws for 300 yards and 3 td's every week is to cheer for the Vikes to win most of their games, because it's unrealistic to think they won't. This makes you a Brett Favre fan, which is fine. Just don't pass yourself off as a Packers fan when you obviously aren't.

And to the idiot who keeps thinking two games don't matter- they do. Look at the Chargers last season.

Thanks for stating the obvious. Evidently, it requires repeating ad nauseum. You should check out this guy named Badgers Alum on cbsssports.
I wrote again and again how the interests at hand are antithetical to each other, precisely because it is unrealistic that the Vikings will lose many games IF Un4given plays well. Notwithstanding that, he reiterates his fantasy again and again in which both the traitor plays well AND the Pack somehow comes out on top. Given the remaining schedule of teams, coupled with the strengths and weakness of each team (for the Vikings, there are few weaknesses outside of an aging quarterback, the coaching and a vulnerable secondary excepted), teh Vikings iwll almost certainly win the division in such a scenario, and more likely than not will be the number two seed. Sorry, but you cannot be a Packer fan while desiring a high level of play from Judas that make that scenario likely. As I stated before, such FANTASY reads like adolescent, masturbatory FANTASY sent into Penthouse forum.

doughsellz

Cheesehead
Reaction score

So by your estimation every team in the league should suck every week to make GB look better? Are you a fan of good football or just a Packers' fan?

I personally appreciate it when teams "bring it", or perhaps you thought AZ looked superior to NYG last MNF because they beat a team at the top of their game.

Naturally I don't mind a few gimmes now & then if it brings a smoother path come playoff time. But I'd rather my team be remembered for beating the best the opponent had to offer then having the opponent lay an egg.

Maybe your not old enough to remember the Jets beating the Colts in SBIII but that personifies my view of what football is about, or NYG beating BUF in SBXXV. And yes even SBXXXII was an extraordinary event for any football fan to witness. As a Packers' fan I took a while to get over it but looking back I can admit that it was one of the best ever.

Dizzle498

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't hate Favre, I hate the Vikings. I hope that he comes to GB this weekend and gets lit up, ending his career. I hope it is not to painful for him, but honestly, he hurt me, so I hope he gets hurt. Ending his career where his career essentially started would be poetic.

doughsellz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thanks for stating the obvious. Evidently, it requires repeating ad nauseum. You should check out this guy named Badgers Alum on cbsssports.
I wrote again and again how the interests at hand are antithetical to each other, precisely because it is unrealistic that the Vikings will lose many games IF Un4given plays well. Notwithstanding that, he reiterates his fantasy again and again in which both the traitor plays well AND the Pack somehow comes out on top. Given the remaining schedule of teams, coupled with the strengths and weakness of each team (for the Vikings, there are few weaknesses outside of an aging quarterback, the coaching and a vulnerable secondary excepted), teh Vikings iwll almost certainly win the division in such a scenario, and more likely than not will be the number two seed. Sorry, but you cannot be a Packer fan while desiring a high level of play from Judas that make that scenario likely. As I stated before, such FANTASY reads like adolescent, masturbatory FANTASY sent into Penthouse forum.

Thanks. That's helpful for understanding where you're coming from.

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So by your estimation every team in the league should suck every week to make GB look better? Are you a fan of good football or just a Packers' fan?

Except that appreciating good football doesn't mean I should root for my division rivals to do well.

JeffQuery

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I want the Packers to lose so they can finally get rid of that gawd awful disgrace, Thom P. Tedson...or whatever its name is..

They will NEVER win with Mr. 35-35, the King of Mediocrity and CHEAPNESS...so the sooner he is gone, the sooner the Packers can get back to their winning ways.

Just like people who root for the team to lose once the season is shot so they can get a higher draft pick, that's what I'm rooting for...!!

:rotfl:

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I want the Packers to lose so they can finally get rid of that gawd awful disgrace, Thom P. Tedson...or whatever its name is..

They will NEVER win with Mr. 35-35, the King of Mediocrity and CHEAPNESS...so the sooner he is gone, the sooner the Packers can get back to their winning ways.

Just like people who root for the team to lose once the season is shot so they can get a higher draft pick, that's what I'm rooting for...!!

:rotfl:

PACK66 that you?

;)

JeffQuery

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Lone Wolf...

You are a Ted Thompson fan (and his Cult of Personality, or lack thereof..), and NOT a Packer fan...in my book!

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Lone Wolf...

You are a Ted Thompson fan (and his Cult of Personality, or lack thereof..), and NOT a Packer fan...in my book!

Ted is employed by the Pack, makes sense to be a fan then?

I am betting that if Ted goes to the Vikings he would be hated there

OP
OP
Lone Wolf

Lone Wolf

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Polar Bear, for the most part, has done a good job rebuilding the team from Sherman's management. Rodgers, Jennings, Jolly, Clay Matthews, Bigby, just to name a few. Woodson also came during his tenure.
The one thing I fault Polar Bear for is being skimpy on free agensts, It is pretty clear he needs to revamp the offensive line now that Cllifton is showing his age. I think THAT will be the litmus test.
It takes time to build a franchise. He is doing it the righgt way--from the bottom up. SO yes, for the most part, I support polar bear.

DILLIGAFF

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Little extreme??

Please lets leave killing, of any sort when talking to people and their beliefs about a FOOTBALL PLAYER/TEAM.

Thats just a reference, joke if you will. I don't want any killing. Just trying to make a point.

DILLIGAFF

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I personally appreciate it when teams "bring it", or perhaps you thought AZ looked superior to NYG last MNF because they beat a team at the top of their game.

Naturally I don't mind a few gimmes now & then if it brings a smoother path come playoff time. But I'd rather my team be remembered for beating the best the opponent had to offer then having the opponent lay an egg.

Maybe your not old enough to remember the Jets beating the Colts in SBIII but that personifies my view of what football is about, or NYG beating BUF in SBXXV. And yes even SBXXXII was an extraordinary event for any football fan to witness. As a Packers' fan I took a while to get over it but looking back I can admit that it was one of the best ever.

My view is that no one is questioning your respect and love for good football, wether that be the Packers or any team. The discussion is that wether you cheer:happy0005: for the other team or individual player to do well dispute the consequences it has on the Packers, wether large or small. Are you a die hard fan of the Packers or not?

During the game I hate :paladin:Mr. Allen, but I respect him as a player a can speak well of his skills, not cheer him.:viksux::happy0005:

Hauschild

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So, I wonder what psychological ailment I am suffering from? Nobody's really been able to address my issue. Maybe I have stumbled onto something rather large???

I love the Packers, but I love Brett Favre more. Certainly not the majority feel this way, but i am willing to bet a good number of Packers fans feel the way I do.

OP
OP
Lone Wolf

Lone Wolf

Cheesehead
Reaction score
House Child, check that, I call you CORKY

I do not care what you think--you are not a packer fan, and I will not listen to you claiming to be such.
I have explained my position to you in a very lucid, coherent manner. And yet, much like a stupid, not altogether attractive child, you fail to understand what is obvious to pretty much everyone else here, including resident Vikings fans. There is nothing more to discuss.
I will only add, you are hardly an authority as to how most Packer fans feel about this. Go to the comments section on Milwaukee JS, and see how many Corky types blather on about cheering for both sides.

OP
OP
Lone Wolf

Lone Wolf

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hey guys, I know it is below form to out other members, but I know who Hauschild is--it is Corky, the down syndrome boy! He has such a loving heart. He cheers for everyone.
I guess that answers the question as to what your mental ailment is. I fear unlike you, that I am not such a gentle, loving soul. Perhaps I am too smart for my own good--it makes mean and vicious, much like the wolf you see on my avatar. I don't love everybody. I certainly do not love you. You and other frauds who dare to calll themselves Packer fans whilst cheering for Judas--as he wears the uniform of the ENEMY--disgust me.

ThinkICare

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lone Wolf is going overboard with this namecalling. There is a Smack Area on here.

Why all the name changes Jeff?

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I know it is below form to out other members, but I know who Hauschild is--it is Corky, the down syndrome boy! He has such a loving heart. He cheers for everyone.
I guess that answers the question as to what your mental ailment is. I fear unlike you, that I am not such a gentle, loving soul. Perhaps I am too smart for my own good--it makes mean and vicious, much like the wolf you see on my avatar. I don't love everybody. I certainly do not love you. You and other frauds who dare to calll themselves Packer fans whilst cheering for Judas--as he wears the uniform of the ENEMY--disgust me.

Let it be known I personally will not stand for this type of post.

Members online

Latest posts