Pick #12: Narrowing the Field

elcid

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If Oakland comes calling and offers #25 and #27 for #12 and #74, does Gute move on it? Or KC with 31, 62, & 63? Yes I know the round one picks for the playoff teams are not cast in concrete yet. How about moving the NO pick to one of the teams with multiple later 2nd round picks? My pick value chart.
I think the drop from #12 to #25 is bigger than most seasons. I would consider only for #25 & #27 for #12. We would own the back end of the first.

I agree on not wanting to give up our third rounder, yet I would throw in our fifth rounder as a sweetener for OAK. But if they are willing to trade back up in the first half of round 1 it is cause they feel like a highly coveted prospect they could use badly (maybe a CB like Williams or Baker if they have drafted EDGE with their first) has been slipping enough for them to warrant giving up a first rounder. My point being that Im pretty sure they would be fine with overpaying slightly if it meant securing their target.

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Chalk me in for Deionte Thomson at 12

I'm fairly certain you'll be able to get Thompson at #30 and perhaps even at #44.

The more I watch guys the more I'm impressed with Zach Allen that dude is gonna be a dominant defensive end for a long time

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
I'm fairly certain you'll be able to get Thompson at #30 and perhaps even at #44.

The more I watch guys the more I'm impressed with Zach Allen that dude is gonna be a dominant defensive end for a long time

Why in the heck would you want Thompson at 30 when you can probably get Abram?

I don't want anything to do with Thompson. His tape is inconsistent. His balls skills are marginal and personally I see some of the same "instinct issues" that Josh Jones resembled coming out.

I wouldn't touch this Thompson with a 10 foot pole as far as drafting him in the first or second round for that matter.

I do like Allen but I like Ferguson more.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
The only pick I see making sense at 12 at this point based what will be available is D. White. Otherwise just trade back for more picks.

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'd not want to let Matthews walk unless we get a top pick at Edge. If trading back, then better keep Clay.

morango

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Okay. I’ll throw a wrench in the works.

What about Cody Ford at #12?

Call me crazy, I know. But some are saying he is really that good.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
Okay. I’ll throw a wrench in the works.

What about Cody Ford at #12?

Call me crazy, I know. But some are saying he is really that good.

If they think he is as good as Nelson who the Colts drafted last year then I don't see why not.

Jerellh528

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I hope you’re right.

My ideal top 3 as of today would be Devin white or Jachai Polite at 12, Thompson or Marquise brown at 30, and Adderley or Hockenson at 44.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
I'd not want to let Matthews walk unless we get a top pick at Edge. If trading back, then better keep Clay.

The more I think about it that might be the way to go. KC's big edge rushers didn't do anything yesterday and were a non-factor. Were stuck with Perry and Fackrell(10.5 sacks) is tied up next year. Maybe keep Clay on a team friendly deal so we can get the offense where it needs to be and we can quit wasting picks.

Reaction score
I know we’re dreaming but at least trying to be realistic. I’d trade back just slightly if the Redskins reached out to us. I think there would be a marginal dropoff in selection between #12 and #15 where they pick (particularly if they go QB).
Then I’d use our additional acquired second day pick and package our #30 (plus maybe a 5-7th rounder as a sweetener if needed) I’d get back into that top #18-#22 range for a second time. Then I’d go D. White or Clelin at #15 and a OT/OG (Cody Ford etc..) with #18-#22.
Then I’d hit the Offense twice more #44 and #76? to land some O firepower. 2 more best available at either WR/RB/TE/OT. I’d really prefer to get our #2 WR or #2 RB in 2019 to get cut their teeth for the 2020 Championship game.
Then in the 4th I’d split the 4th rounders
1 Offense.
1 Defense
and finish my draft getting depth with BAP Rounds 5-7 but focusing on a developmental #3 QB, Depth at CB, OG (yes again), DL etc..
I would also be ok with several other players between others mentioned here. Polite etc..

Last edited:

elcid

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Guys to target per pick:

1a: Ferrell, Gary, White, Oliver, J. Williams
1b: Ford, Thompson, M. Brown, Sweat, Burns, Little, Hockenson
2: Risner, Deiter, Taylor, Fant, Trapp, Tillery, Ferguson, Mack Wilson, Zach Allen
3: Campbell, Jordan, Dillard, Adderley, Montgomery, Dakota Allen
r4: Snell, Joseph, Caleb Wilson, Denis,
5: Isabella, Sternberger, Prince, Coney

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You're gonna wanna move Adderley up a round or two, and probably same with Isabella.

Adderley is the best safety in the draft.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts