Peyton Manning Out For The Season?

greenandgold

I'm Dirty Hairy Callahan
Reaction score
Second neck surgery performed today. Could be out for the rest of the season.

Are Colts fans all on suicide watch?

lambeaulambo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Stick a fork in the Colts? maybe. Kerry Collins is serviceable, but can they get to the playoffs? I don't know. Feel bad for 2 reasons

1. The Colts were counting on having Manning back, and obviously his recovery and injury were more severe than was expected.
2. The waffleman consecutive game streak now looks Ripkenish.

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
The whole Manning thing reminds me of Favre, and the news would be very similar back in 2008 if Favre was injured and couldn't play for the season. Hopefully a QB can step up for the Colts and win a few for them.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Damn.
I was sorta hoping for a SB against the Colts on their own fake turf.
How epic would that be for the Pack to win against the Colts in their house in the big dance?
Oh well.
I'll just have to settle for a Pack in the SB against a different team.

GreenBayGal

Cheese Goddess
Reaction score
Don't count the Colts out just because of one player. Remember who won the SB last year with manner starters on IR. Hopefully his injury is not serious with permanent consequences. If this is the end of his career, I think he is going out with dignity...unlike some other well known QB's.

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
The Colts depend way too much on Manning, and this year is proving it. Washed up quarterback Kerry Collins is far far past his prime.
Their defense couldn't even stop the Browns...

cheeseheadfanatic87

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'll be honest I am happy he didn't break Favre's record-- while I still have mixed feelings about it, I think overtime I can forgive him for going to the Vikings. But I didn't think he'd be out for so long, and this I feel sorry for Colts fans!

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Don't count the Colts out just because of one player. Remember who won the SB last year with manner starters on IR. Hopefully his injury is not serious with permanent consequences. If this is the end of his career, I think he is going out with dignity...unlike some other well known QB's.

Yeah but the players we lost we had very very capable back ups that performed just as well..

No real q/b out there now is comparable to Manning

OP
OP
greenandgold

greenandgold

I'm Dirty Hairy Callahan
Reaction score

Can I count them out yet. They truly seem to suck. And Collins may have a concussion. They just signed ex-Lions fail Orlovski. It was between him and Brodie Croyle, what a choice of losers. Did they lose that Mississippi number or something?

neilfii

Hall of Fame Fan
Reaction score
I certainly hope ivo doesn't read this. Isn't Orlovski the guy who ranked so highly under the "alternate" QB rating system?

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
I had a bad feeling going into this season but I never thought it would be because of Peyton being out. I just felt our team was starting to decline a bit. One of my main issues is the coaching staff, since Dungy retired the staff has declined. I am not a big Jim Caldwell fan. In fact, I cannot stand the guy and some of the staff he has brought in. Also some high draft picks proved to be busts.

I wish Peyton the best and miss him and hope he come back next year. I never expected him back this year and at 0-4 you almost say why bother, put him on IR. With so many other injuries we will need the roster spot soon. This team though with an above average QB would have had the potential to have won our last 3 games. But, nobody can run this offense like Manning.

Peyton has carried our team way too much and as he ages it was just going to get tougher.

Kerry Collins was awful in this offense though.

I suppose a trade for Aaron Rodgers would have been too much to ask for right? ;)

Members online

Latest posts