People love a villain

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I prefer to use "Reynold's Wrap" on my head when i go to the meetings.........i like "name brand" stuff...........(is that a helicopter i hear!?!?) :lol:

MSMOLLY

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I just wonder why Bob Harlan hasn't made any public comments. Is he supposed to do that ? At least make some comment that he trusts that TT will make the decisions that are best for the team and that the team will be in talks with Brett that they do want him to come back.

4packgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
America said:
P@ck66 said:
Hey Captain America...

What..you think people always do things above board and on the level?

I don't think people always do things above board and on the level. I'm well aware that some people don't, just like I'm aware that some people use sarcasm and insults to make themselves feel superior.

I believe people act in what they perceive as being their best interests. That would include Ted Thompson, that would include Favre. If Favre retires, it'll be because he thinks it's in his best interests, and if he returns to play out his contract it'll be for the same reason.

Likewise, if TT thinks it's in his best interests to "run off Favre" by doing something that Favre would find intolerable, then that's what he'll do. He hasn't done anything like that yet so I'm not so sure why everybody's so paranoid about it.

I do think that TT is not sitting around going "I'll do whatever Favre wants me to do". He's not going to hire a coach like Mariucci simply because Favre would like that, neither is he going to spend outrageous money on a guy like Steve Hutchinson because Favre would like that.

My best guess is that these guys will have a conversation and Favre will ask questions and TT will ask questions and then Favre will announce what he wants to do. If he leaves, it won't be because he was "forced out", it'll be because he doesn't want to be a part of what's going on in Green Bay right now. That's the way it is. My boss doesn't make decisions based on whether or not I agree with them and I don't think that TT is going to do that either.

TT will make his decisions. Favre will make his. It's a big boy place.

great post, america. very level-headed, to the point, & with not an ounce of speculation - hallelujiah!!

WinnipegPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
MSMOLLY said:
I just wonder why Bob Harlan hasn't made any public comments. Is he supposed to do that ? At least make some comment that he trusts that TT will make the decisions that are best for the team and that the team will be in talks with Brett that they do want him to come back.

DITO - This board needs to hear questions like these, thanks for your insight and keep up the good posts.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think Harlan showed he trusts TT when he hired him. To me, it's usually the time to look over your shoulder when the boss comes out with the old "vote of confidence". That usually means "pack your bags!"
I can't see Harlan having to come out every week with the "I trust Ted" speach.
I think the Packers have told Brett they want him back.......at least thats what i heard from TT in one of his interviews. I may be wrong, but i think Brett may be waiting to see who's gonna "drive the bus" before he decides whether to get back on or not.

Members online

Latest posts