Paul Dawson vs Ole Miss highlights (Bowl Game)

Vrill

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

I really hope we draft this guy. He was in on literally EVERY play.

Just watch how active he is. He flies all over the field like a damn heat seeking missile.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Vrill

Vrill

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I must be missing something.

What do you mean? He made quite a few impact plays in that video. He caused that INT in the endzone. He had 2 sacks and 16 tackles in the game.

Yeah, you missed a lot.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I saw him clean up others, I didnt see many he made. I saw him hit a running back in the hole and bounce off. I saw him being 2nd or 3rd to the scene, not usually first. He moves around, but nothing really stood out to me

OP
OP
Vrill

Vrill

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Again, 16 tackles and 2 sacks on the game. Yeah, he didn't stand out ;)

And did you see his season stats? 128 tackle, 4 INTs and 5 sacks. He broke the TCU single game tackle record against Baylor with 25 tackles.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He didnt, tell me specifically what plays stood out, because i obviously missed them. I saw one sack, on a play the qb took forever on. In the NFL that ball was gone, or the qb was. They aren't going to start a roll and just Stand there so someone can run across the field and tackle them.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My bad, that wasn't even a sack. Maybe it was the next play when he's standing stone footed and his teammate gets an int?

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Or the next play he just bounces off a running back after filling the hole nicely? Or the one he comes in and tackles a guy two of his teammates already made in the backfield?

Or the next when 17 turns the rb inside and he barely grabs a foot and his teammate ends up putting a hit on the rb 5 yards later?

OP
OP
Vrill

Vrill

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You sound like a TCU hater, straight up.

Paul Dawson will be a first round pick.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A TCU hater? Ahh, OK. Give me stats all day, or specifically, tell me what plays? One sack was nice, I'll give him that. The rest? Not eve sure why these where highlights? I loved all the completed passes on him, or tackling a runner 5+ yards down the field with a teammate already hanging off them. Or the swing pass to the rb where he out runs 47 for the first down

OP
OP
Vrill

Vrill

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A TCU hater? Ahh, OK. Give me stats all day, or specifically, tell me what plays? One sack was nice, I'll give him that. The rest? Not eve sure why these where highlights? I loved all the completed passes on him, or tackling a runner 5+ yards down the field with a teammate already hanging off them. Or the swing pass to the rb where he out runs 47 for the first down

You fail miserably at looking at player film.

Again, 16 tackles and 2 sacks on that game. YEAH HE DID NOTHING, LOL!

OP
OP
Vrill

Vrill

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And I guess him causing that INT in the endzone was just an illusion too.

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't see it either. There were a couple of plays I liked there but most seemed pedestrian. TCU REALLY needs to get someone cutting up his entire package of highlights and making a video. He honestly kind of reminds me physically of Brad Jones....minus being a bonehead.

OP
OP
Vrill

Vrill

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He was a Wide Receiver in High School ;)

He runs 4.4 in his sleep.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You fail miserably at looking at player film.

Again, 16 tackles and 2 sacks on that game. YEAH HE DID NOTHING, LOL!
Still with the stats? There's a couple minutes of video and maybe 2 plays that look anything more than average. Forgive me for failing at watching player tape. It still doesn't impress me

OP
OP
Vrill

Vrill

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Still with the stats? There's a couple minutes of video and maybe 2 plays that look anything more than average. Forgive me for failing at watching player tape. It still doesn't impress me

You still fail.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Anyway, still can't come up with more than one highlight in a " highlight" film?

OP
OP
Vrill

Vrill

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Anyway, still can't come up with more than one highlight in a " highlight" film?

I saw a nice tackle on the RB for a loss, created an INT in the endzone for a TD. I saw excellent pursuit and chase ability. Again, you fail miserably. You suck at Football discussion.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Like I said earlier, a couple minutes of tape, and 2 plays. Thanks for the heads up and the cute pictures.

OP
OP
Vrill

Vrill

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Like I said earlier, a couple minutes of tape, and 2 plays. Thanks for the heads up and the cute pictures.

Oh, you said "one play"...now you're saying "two plays". Can't make up your mind can you? LOL

Nope, because you need someone to point it out for you because you probably have no clue what you're looking at when looking at a players film that isn't strictly a highlight reel.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
actually I said in post #16 "Still with the stats? There's a couple minutes of video and maybe 2 plays that look anything more than average. Forgive me for failing at watching player tape. It still doesn't impress me"

to which you replied with your singular example of pressure that resulted in an INT in the endzone (one of the 2 i was referring to)

but I guess once we've reached a point where you have to re-explain the flow of a conversation to someone, it's probably way past being productive. But for those that come later, let's break them all down

#1, good pressure after the qb has the ball for 5 seconds.

#2 he's standing still while his teammate gets an INT, highlight yes, for #47? while he stands flat footed and the reciever cuts behind him and doesn't react till the ball is past him? ahhh, ok?

#3 fills hole nicely at the LOS, bounces off tackle and if not for 2 other teammates being right there to make the tackle the RB is going for a 5+ yard gain. Highlight? almost

#4 he comes in after a TFL was made by #96 and #40, highlight, yes, for #47? ahh, ok?

#5, swing pass, #17 turns RB inside and #47 has opportunity to stop him for a 1.5-2 yard gain, instead it turns into a 7 yard gain. Nice play? not if you're a linebacker.

#6 Tackle made by DLinemen

#7 Decent play made between #47 and #1 turning him back in

#8 he stands in a flat with nobody around, pressure put on by others, throw away. Highlight?

#9 Guard whiffs on block, nice tackle for loss

#10 assist with #40 on qb keeper for a 3-4 yard gain. average play

#11 3rd and 9, he's not involved in the play in anyway, he's 12 yards away from the play and 7 yds off a receiver.

#12 Nice fill and tackle, still a 3 yard gain after making contact at about the LOS. average.

#13 zero involvement in the play

#14 Zero involvement in play

#15 Nice sack by the goal line, though he came thru as clean as you can get, that play should be made, but still nice.

#16 jumps on the pile after about a 4 yard gain

#17 whiffs on a tackle for a a 4 yard gain, turns into 7

#18, Zero involvement in play

#19 Great pressure, comes mostly clean again and forces bad throw of INT in the endzone by #40

#20 ok tackle after 4 yard gain

#21 out in coverage and jumps outside as his receiver goes inside for a 20+ yd gain hardly a highlight for anyone from TCU, why is this in there?

#22 qb slide under pressure from teammate

#23 3rd and 4, has RB and he beats him to the corner and gets the first down and gets out of bounds. Highlight?

#24 not really in the play on a 12-15 yard pass, highlight?

#25 and there was no #25.

again, thanks for the Paul Dawson vs. Ole Miss "highlights"

OP
OP
Vrill

Vrill

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Go back watching real highlight reels then. I guess you can't understand basic concepts and nuances and every day plays. You only judge players on 80 TD runs and acrobatic catches and windmill slam dunks.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
no, i watched the video YOU posted and titled a "Paul Dawson vs. Ole MIss HIGHLIGHTs..." I don't usually watch TCU, so I just assumed when you came posting your highlight reel of a player you say was involved on "Literally every play" and called a "damn heat seeking missile" there would be more to jump off the screen.

I understand football just fine, I just expected more from a purported film of "highlights"

Members online

Latest posts