PAPI HOW COULD YOU?

favrefourevre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
http://www.packersnews.com/includes...ds/2007/10/red-sox-star-abandons-packers.html

Red Sox star abandons Packers
Boston Red Sox slugger David Ortiz played minor-league baseball in Appleton, married a woman from Greenleaf and bought a home near Wrightstown. He lived in Wisconsin for almost 10 years.

Big Papi's favorite NFL team was the Green Bay Packers.

Until Monday night, that is.

Ortiz switched his loyalties to the New England Patriots after watching their 34-14 win over the Cincinnati Bengals.

He defied his wife, the former Tiffany Brick, and wore a Tom Brady jersey to Boston's workout at Fenway Park on Tuesday.

She warned Big Papi he couldn't be a Packers fan if he left the house wearing a Patriots jersey, according to the Boston Herald.

"She said, 'You're on your own now,'" he told the Boston newspaper.

Ortiz's response? "That's OK. (The Patriots) are some bad (expletive). They win by 20-plus points every (expletive) game."

I feel so betrayed. The fact that David Ortiz was a Packers fan made his swing that much sweeter. Now I see him and feel like he stabbed me in the back. HOW CAN YOU SWITCH ALLEGIANCES LIKE THAT?

Reaction score
You see this p_i_b?

And people call the Yankees the evil empire. Clearly Boston is the dark side.

On a related note, this will make the Yankees series victory over the Bo Sox later on in the playoffs all the more sweeter. ;)

vikesrule

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He must have realized the "error of his ways" (cheesehead), during his time in Minnesota! Just took awhile to sink in.
Tis hard to cast away the demon cheese. :D

Reaction score
He must have realized the "error of his ways" (cheesehead), during his time in Minnesota! Just took awhile to sink in.
Tis hard to cast away the demon cheese. :D

Will you finally get in touch with your inner Packy?

Come on Vikey, it's obvious no Vikings fan will have a 1000+ posts on a rivals forum.

It's about time you come out the closet and embrace the Packer backer in you. For what it's worth, you'd be an awfully cool Packers fan too. :pop:

scotty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ugh. How many Yankees fans in here? Are you kidding?

Are you Dallas Cowboys fans, too?

The Yankees suck and are ruining major league baseball.

Carry on :)

vikesrule

Cheesehead
Reaction score
all about da packers said:

Come on Vikey, it's obvious no Vikings fan will have a 1000+ posts on a rivals forum.

It's about time you come out the closet and embrace the Packer backer in you. For what it's worth, you'd be an awfully cool Packers fan too. :pop:

Hmmmm....thanks for the thought aadp (I think).

However, even though I have had a real bad week:
Vikes lost
Had to change avatar/sig in utter humiliation
Laptop crashed
Tough week at work
Came home to find water leak in bathroom, floor flooded.
ALWAYS A VIKING FAN!!!!!!

As for the "1000+", I am still resolved in my quest to enlighten those possessed by the forces of the darkside (ya you cheeseheads). :p

Besides, coming here is more entertaining than watching "Comedy Central" :D

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Vikes lost
Laptop crashed
Tough week at work

As for the "1000+", I am still resolved in my quest to enlighten those possessed by the forces of the darkside (ya you cheeseheads). :p

Oh......."Comedy Central" is what they call the station that plays the Viking games in "Minny-Soda!" :lol:

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As far as Ortiz goes..........he's proven he's one of those "fair weather" fans, a band wagon jumper. I don't WANT that kind of person as a Packer fan. He doesn't DESERVE us! We are too good for him!
So there!!!! :lol:

pack_in_black

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You see this p_i_b?

And people call the Yankees the evil empire. Clearly Boston is the dark side.

On a related note, this will make the Yankees series victory over the Bo Sox later on in the playoffs all the more sweeter. ;)

I'm always the last one to the party....(sigh)

Just saw it, and it's sad, cause I always felt such brotherhood with him for this. No- literally. I'd write him letters explaining how we were related, send him messages on e-bay when he had his car up for auction, I'd show up at his house around 3 am........

restraining orders are just such an ugly thing, they ruin so much....

And aadp, how can the Yanks meet the Sox when they're losing games 12-3 against Cleveland? Yuck.

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Without the Yankees, there is no major league baseball. If the MLB wants to stop the spending... put a cap on it. easy as that. but they wont do that because the Yankees being good makes everything better. People have a team to hate and a team to strive for. Its not like they arent a classy organization, the only reason people hate them is that they beat everyone.

Im a diehard Braves fan... but hating the Yankees and cheering Boston is like hating republicans and cheering for democrats.... same evil, different tactics.

Obi1

Cheesehead
Reaction score
vikesrule said:

Vikes lost
Laptop crashed
Tough week at work

Oh......."Comedy Central" is what they call the station that plays the Viking games in "Minny-Soda!" :lol:

Funny, I was thinking along the same lines...

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
Well it could be worse.. Papi is only faking to support his local market team.. LeBron on the other hand and his flippin Yanks hat.. while they are playing the Indians in the playoffs.. that is betrayal..

TexasPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Eh who cares. He's just a band wagon jumper anyway. A TRUE FAN sticks with their team through the good and especially through the bad seasons.

Jumping ship to another team because they beat their opponents by 20+ points a game is pretty lame. I say good riddance the Pack doesn't need fans like that.

scotty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
scotty said:

Without the Yankees, there is no major league baseball. If the MLB wants to stop the spending... put a cap on it. easy as that. but they wont do that because the Yankees being good makes everything better. People have a team to hate and a team to strive for. Its not like they arent a classy organization, the only reason people hate them is that they beat everyone.

Im a diehard Braves fan... but hating the Yankees and cheering Boston is like hating republicans and cheering for democrats.... same evil, different tactics.

Actually I can't really argue with that. I love the old teams, and the old rivalries. Yankees lore.. the Red Sox.. Detroit Tigers, the Giants, etc. I don't even like baseball that much but I'll admit those teams (and others) and their history really keep the game alive.

If being able to hate the Yankees gives me some purpose to watch and maybe even enjoy baseball, then I will give them some credit.

Anyone ever been to a Yankee game? I have, and geez, talk about the worst fans ever. Or so it seems. Which doesn't make a lot of sense, because Mets fans are actually pretty okay - most of the time. But Yankees fans are obnoxious. Because their team is obnoxious! LOL.. They are "America's Team" for baseball, the Dallas friggin cowboys of their sport. 8)

nathaniel

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Anyone ever been to a Yankee game? I have, and geez, talk about the worst fans ever. Or so it seems. Which doesn't make a lot of sense, because Mets fans are actually pretty okay - most of the time. But Yankees fans are obnoxious. Because their team is obnoxious! LOL.. They are "America's Team" for baseball, the Dallas friggin cowboys of their sport. 8)

EDIT: Nevermind. It's pointless.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts