Packers vs Lions Regular Season Finale Game Thread: Showdown for The Post-Season Edition

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They have been disjointed and discombobulated all season long. Part of it in my opinion was poor leadership, bad luck with injuries to the wrong players, and too many rookies playing too many snaps. They never really came together as a team. A lost season. It happens to every franchise.
The D line underperformed for most of the season and though Rodgers has his faults, his weapons are a joke. When your no 2 WR is Lazard or Doubs, you're in real trouble.

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The offense was in a transition year this season. The WR unit wasn't up to snuff after losing Adams, and although they grew during the year, they still weren't big enough to handle this moment. Our running game let us down tonight. Sometimes it looks like we have a dominant running game, and then it disappears. Jones fumbles the ball in a big spot.

Rodgers had an off year, and he doesn't play well when he's hurt. But I wouldn't say we should have gotten rid of him last year because he was MVP at the time. If we did, I could have lived with it, but I'd rather see him retire a Packer. Maybe he will do that now, a game like this had to leave a bad taste in his mouth.

melvin dangerr

In it to Win it All
Reaction score
Don’t know how you fix this team without, hurting feelings out there but this has got to stop, while I might have expected the 49ers to spoil us as usual I did not expect the Lions to do it and @ home,so somebody out there what’s your 2cent opinion on how to fix this, this is from arm chair perspective, so don’t get blood pressure up

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As bad as the Seahawks are, they seem to give the 49er's a run a lot of times.

On a side note, any particular reason I can log out and click around this site on chrome and safari with usual lightening speed, but when I log in it's 30 seconds to 1.5 minutes for a page to load? Seems to have just happened about 10 min ago...
We'll save you a seat at the bar. We can watch the Seahawks get throttled by SF.

melvin dangerr

In it to Win it All
Reaction score
As bad as the Seahawks are, they seem to give the 49er's a run a lot of times.

On a side note, any particular reason I can log out and click around this site on chrome and safari with usual lightening speed, but when I log in it's 30 seconds to 1.5 minutes for a page to load? Seems to have just happened about 10 min ago...
I’m having that problem and I’m using Safari got a lot of freezing on the screen

melvin dangerr

In it to Win it All
Reaction score
Well I’m finishing my unlucky drink, and see everyone in Super Bowl thread which the Packers will not be in Happy New Year everyone

Jayzee1981

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I’m sorry boys. Like I said. Not a playoff team and they showed it tonight. OLine wasn’t great. Yes the Walker penalty was a dagger but anyone who says it was a waste of a pick is just ignorant. Heat of the moment, young. He knew it. He will learn. All these kids will. Watson had a good game, Wyatt did too. They will learn. This was a young team with a young receiving core that he didn’t work with early. Didn’t show up to OTAs and anyone who says that wouldnt matter is wrong. Timing. Getting to know them face to face. Run ******** plays. Anything to get a connection. Offense was abysmal throughout the year. It came to a head tonight. Defense can only keep them in the game so long along with fighting with your DCs inept schemes. This was inevitable and I saw it coming. It was a fun ride the last month but the real team, with its flaws showed tonight.

Last edited:

melvin dangerr

In it to Win it All
Reaction score
LIke I said unpopular moves will have to be made in the off season I’m a Hugh Rodgers fan BUT its time to reevaluate things starting with him, will he do like Farve and jump to other teams maybe yes maybe no, tonight’s loss is full of blame for but its seems most of it should fall on MLF he and his coaches were totally unprepared for this game, spare me the home field advantage stuff I believed Micheal Vic proved that to be a myth along time ago, besides a lot of players have spent years with cold weather teams GB was not prepared, yes this MLF first losing season as HC but can he really coach this team to a SB? Egos have to come second to winning championships, just my opinion I think Rodgers was a little selfish with his injuries and the coaches accommodated his wishes to stay in some games, we have the 15 pick in draft and what else do they want to do?

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The D line underperformed for most of the season and though Rodgers has his faults, his weapons are a joke. When your no 2 WR is Lazard or Doubs, you're in real trouble.
When your overpaid QB is taking up a quarter of the salary cap, what do you expect?

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Don’t know how you fix this team without, hurting feelings out there but this has got to stop, while I might have expected the 49ers to spoil us as usual I did not expect the Lions to do it and @ home,so somebody out there what’s your 2cent opinion on how to fix this, this is from arm chair perspective, so don’t get blood pressure up
I was worried as soon as the Seachickens won today. A team with nothing on the line will do all kinds of out of the ordinary things to win. If Lions were playing for a playoff spot, there's no way they try that screen pitch crap and also no way they wouldn't have kicked the FG at the end. It pretty much guaranteed they were just going to play 4 down ball. Even with that, the defense held up their end. The letdown was the offense.

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
When your overpaid QB is taking up a quarter of the salary cap, what do you expect?
There is no doubt Rodgers was allowed to hog the salary cap but Gute should take much of the blame. He's bombed out in drafting TE's and neglected the WR position for many years. The weapons that Rodgers has is a joke. Other high prices QB's don't have his bare cupboard.

Members online

Latest posts