Packers vs Eagles: Predict The Final Score

TOPHAT

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What is your predictions with your views of the outcome. How well will the Pack play in the home opener? How well will the hyped dominating defense look? How well will Favre play? How well will the offense play? How well will the offensive line play? How well will the rookies RB Jackson and RB Jones play? How well will the secondary, especially CB Bush and S Bigby, play? How will the special teams do?

:pop: :pop: :pop:

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The defense will do fine against the pass heavy eagles. The front 4 will be able to let the LBs and Dbacks do what THEY do.

The speedy and shifty screen catching master Westbrook will be having Hawk and Barnett on his back all day. They're kinda fast themselves. :)

Bigby will likely be tested early and I don't have a guess to how he'll do. I HOPE he does well, but I dunno. I know when he has an opportunity to tackle someone, he'll do it, making him an instant upgrade at the position.

The running game will be productive enough to make playaction work and let favre destroy the eagles.

Final score:
Packers 28
Eagles 13

MajicMan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I said a close lose.

I'll go with 17-10.

I don't think we will rush the ball effectively, which will be the biggest issue.

Driver is a bit of a question mark, we'll have to see how that goes. We all know he'll show, but how effective will he be?

Westbrook should do well.

I think we'll see some big plays from L.J. Smith and Kevin Curtis, but overall the defense will live up to expectations. Just a few key mistakes.

Hope I'm wrong. The score could easily flip-flop. Hope so.

Obi1

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I said a close lose.

I'll go with 17-10.

I don't think we will rush the ball effectively, which will be the biggest issue.

Driver is a bit of a question mark, we'll have to see how that goes. We all know he'll show, but how effective will he be?

Westbrook should do well.

I think we'll see some big plays from L.J. Smith and Kevin Curtis, but overall the defense will live up to expectations. Just a few key mistakes.

Hope I'm wrong. The score could easily flip-flop. Hope so.

Hope you are wrong also.

I see a see saw battle and Packers win. 20-17 Thus taking their first step towards respectability and the 16-0 superbowl season.

wpr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
"Other"?????
How in the heck can you have an other. With all these choices?

GB 35
Philly 30

Lare

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Philly- 13
Pack-10

Close game, game-winning field goal in the final minutes.

With Driver, Jennings, Jackson, Morency and Spitz less than 100%, I hope Brett doesn't get killed.

vikesrule

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wonder who's the one contemptible, dastardly, and despicable person that picked the Packers to lose by more than one TD?

OP
OP
T

TOPHAT

Cheesehead
Reaction score
SCOUT PREVIEW

http://packers.scout.com/2/676619.html

Packers-Eagles: Key matchups:

Packers defense vs. Eagles RB Brian Westbrook
Green Bay caught a break, or so it thought, when Westbrook was sidelined for the teams' meeting last season. Philadelphia wound up winning anyway by a decisive 31-9. The electrifying Westbrook is healthy for the season-opening rematch and has the attention of the Packers defenders, who call him, not quarterback Donovan McNabb, the key to Sunday's game. Westbrook has punished Green Bay in the past in customary different ways, catching 11 passes with three touchdowns in a 2004 Eagles blowout win and then rushing for 120 yards and a touchdown in a slim Philly victory in 2005.

Packers QB Brett Favre vs. Eagles secondary
Provided he gets time to throw against a blitz-happy front seven, Favre will have to try something novel -- not use the likes of safety Brian Dawkins and cornerbacks Lito Sheppard and Sheldon Brown as his favorite receivers. Favre has completed only 51.9 percent of his passes and counted 11 interceptions with just four touchdowns in six meetings against the Jim Johnson-coordinated defense since 2000. Not surprisingly, the Packers won only once. Any hopes Favre had of finally getting in sync with his predominantly young receivers might be dashed in this one.

Eagles RT Jon Runyan vs. Packers LDE Aaron Kampman
Runyan is a street fighter. Kampman led the NFC in sacks last season.

Eagles LDE Jevon Kearse vs. Packers RT Mark Tauscher
Kearse is coming back from a knee injury that sidelined him for 14 games last season.

Eagles WRs Kevin Curtis and Reggie Brown vs. Packers CBs Al Harris and Charles Woodson
Harris and Woodson proved to be one of the best cornerback tandems in the NFL last year. They will be challenged off the bat with newly acquired Curtis and Brown.

OP
OP
T

TOPHAT

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Smith About Favre

http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=658311

From one great to another

Emmitt Smith played running back for 15 seasons in the National Football League, long enough and good enough to set the league record for most yards gained in a career. Brett Favre enters his 17th season in the NFL, long enough and good enough to be in a position to set the league record for most touchdown passes in a career. Smith ended his career in 2004 with 18,355 yards, breaking the record set by Walter Payton of the Chicago Bears, who gained 16,726 yards in 13 seasons (1975 to '87). Favre has 414 touchdown passes and is seven short of breaking Dan Marino's record of 420. Marino played for the Dolphins for 17 years (1983-'99). If Favre stays healthy, he will pass Marino perhaps in the first half of the season. Smith, who has joined ESPN as a studio analyst, was asked this week what it means that Favre is poised to break Marino's record.

"When you look at Brett Favre and what he has been able to accomplish over his whole career, he has definitely shown that he has to be considered to be if not the best, one of the best, quarterbacks who ever played the game," Smith said. "For him to achieve such a milestone like that, to overcome Dan Marino, who threw the ball quite a bit, who never had a balanced running attack to support his passing game, it will be awesome for Brett. I think it is a great accomplishment for an individual player." Smith said he thinks winning games is more important to Favre than setting records. One Super Bowl championship leaves him with a desire to add another. "He wants to turn this Green Bay team around and have it heading in the right direction, before he steps down, and possibly have a shot at another title," Smith said. "Those things are more important for Brett right now than an individual record." Although the success of the team is more important to Favre than an individual achievement is, the record has to be on his mind, Smith contends....

retiredgrampa

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Re: Smith About Favre

Unfortunately, I see it Philly 20-13. We won't run for much and Westbrook will hurt us. Philly will get one TD on a TO.

hubbabubba

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Pack: 24
Eagles: 21

I see a close game, with Brett Favre frequently connecting to DD but BJ getting stuffed at the line alot. Westbrook will get 80 yards rushing and 50 yards receiving, but the secondary will hold off McNabb.

OP
OP
T

TOPHAT

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The voting on other Packer forums and sites seems to follow 6.6-3.0 favoring Pack, except ESPN fans. Sportsline's experts are split even 3-3.

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Packer running game struggles, but they get some things done through the air. However, turnovers kill them and they lose 20-17. Hope I'm wrong.

For what it's worth, Peter King of SI is predicting the Packers to win 20-17 in the upset of the week.

agopackgo4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I thnk we get a loss in this first game. I dont think were going to be able to establish a whole lot on offense. Considering we dont exactly have a strong running game, and the fact that Jackson isn't too good at blocking blitzes, and considering the fact that the Eagles are big blitzers. I dont think were going to be establishing any kind of rytham in this game. I hope they prove me wrong

mi_keys

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Pack wins 21-17 on 3 TD passes from Favre, the final one to win the game set up by a Charles Woodson pick.