OP
OP
T

TOPHAT

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Scout: Previews

http://packers.scout.com/2/676778.html

Sydney Speaks! He has their number:What the Packers must do to beat the Philadelphia Eagles, a team that has performed well against the Packers in recent years.

Now the season starts and the Packers face the team that has owned them since 1999. The Packers are 1-5 against the Philadelphia Eagles and Brett Favre, unfortunately, hasn’t had a good game during this time span. Jimmy Johnson, the Eagles defensive coordinator, has the Packers number and I don’t know how much Andy Reid has to do with it but if ever there was a coach that knew a player’s strengths and weaknesses it would be him. So how do the Packers win on Sunday?

DEFENSE

Green Bay’s defense has to make the Eagles earn everything. They have to swarm and gang tackle and play physical, but at the same time play very smart. Someone on the defense has to emerge as the leader, which I hope, happens this game. On the individual side you know Andy Reid is going to attack Atari Bigby by matching him up on a tight end to see what he’s made of. Also, the key to the game will be how much pressure Aaron Kampman and Cullen Jenkins can put on Donovan McNabb. And when they put pressure on him they have to do it in a smart fashion. They can’t just rush up the field without staying in their rush lanes because if you remember years ago Donovan killed this team with his feet. The Packers can’t let that happen this year and expect to win. Defensive coordinator Bob Sanders has to make Donovan beat them if he’s going to with his arm, which I don’t think he can. That brings us to the linebackers, whomever is supposed to spy on him and protect the middle against his scrambling must be very disciplined and be OK with just doing their jobs.

I believe with Kampman, Jenkins, Pickett and whoever the other defensive tackle is can stuff the run allowing for the linebackers - Hawk, Barnett and Poppinga - to run from side to side making the plays and stopping Westbrook from getting into the secondary where he becomes very dangerous. I have no doubt that the secondary, especially Al Harris, Charles Woodson, Nick Collins will get the job done. I even think Atari will do well, especially after the butterflies subside and he realizes he just has to play and not out think himself or over complicate things like first-time starters do. They often times see ghosts, so as I see it, if this defense can play like they did in preseason, or even better, and not give up the big play, they have a chance to lead this team to victory. Now understand it’s not going to be easy because, unfortunately, they are going to have to carry a big load especially if the offense doesn’t help them out.

OFFENSE

Like it has for years, this offense will center around Brett Favre, but unfortunately Brett is probably in a place he has never been in before. In the past he knew how his teammates were going to perform he knew that he could count on his backfield mates to handle their responsiblies, such as pass protection. He could count on Ahman Green or William Henderson, even Noah Herron. They did a good job picking up the blitz but now he’s in unchartered territory. Favre has no clue what Brandon Jackson or Vernand Morency are going to do when it comes to blitz pick-up. He has to trust them, but can he? In his press conference on Wednesday, Favre said he has to trust his receivers, but will he? Especially knowing that Jimmy Johnson, the coordinator of Philly, is going to send everything at him.

Not only does he have to trust that blitz’s will be picked up by the backs, but that he and the receivers will be on the same page when it comes to sight adjustments on hot throws. If they aren’t, it could lead to a long day for the Green Bay Packers, especially if they can’t run the ball which up to this point in the season we have no proof that they can. Speaking of running the ball, it’s time for that zone-blocking scheme to earn it’s keep and open up some running lanes for whomever is going to carry the ball for the Packers. If the guys up front Tauscher, Clifton, Spitz, Colledge and Wells can give the back some room to run, even the backs for the Packers might be able to move the chains because if they don’t Brett Favre will be a sitting duck.

SPECIAL TEAMS

Hopefully the special teams can make something happen by making a big play, either by getting a turnover or having a big return on the kickoff or a punt return. It’s time for the special teams to help this team, not hurt it. The defense can’t win the game by itself, it needs help. The question is: Where are the Packers going to get help if this team plans on winning....

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bigby will likely be tested early and I don't have a guess to how he'll do. I HOPE he does well, but I dunno. I know when he has an opportunity to tackle someone, he'll do it, making him an instant upgrade at the position.

so true.

this is a tough one to call here. Jim Johnson and the Eagles have owned us for awhile even winning the close games.

i think we would be looking at a shut out IF Westbrook wasnt playing. however i think with him in the game a shut out is near impossible. Its a shame we didnt get the Eagles later in the year AND at home, because Westbrook will be injured at least 6 of the 16 games.

But i think because of Westbrook and the good but way overrated McBadd they will put up at least 10-14 points ... at least.

i see this game finishing

24-17 Packers.

that was until i saw Peter King pick us to win... seeing as how hes most ALWAYS wrong.. that doesnt bode well. but i stand by my pick.

Go Pack.

OP
OP
T

TOPHAT

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Keys to Game

http://packers.scout.com/2/676944.html

Behind Enemy Lines: Part IV What Green Bay must do to beat Philadelphia

Chris Steuber: Brett Favre has looked good in the preseason. Is this a rejuvenated Favre or a player setting a team up for disappointment?

Todd Korth: Favre still enjoys playing football. He is not necessarily rejuvenated because he always keeps himself in good shape and he is always focused on football. He doesn't have much as far as experienced play-makers around him, so the team will rely on him quite a bit this season to put the ball into the end zone.

CS: The Packers have played the Eagles the last four years and have lost all four games. The last time the Packers defeated the Eagles was in 2000. How can Green Bay change its fortunes this year and get a "W" against Philadelphia?

TK: Green Bay's defense has to slow down Philadelphia's potent offense. That's another reason that the Packers kept one more defensive tackle. The Packers also have to limit their mistakes on offense, meaning Favre has to keep from throwing into double- or triple-coverage, and his receivers have to do a good job of getting open and catching the ball. The Packers can help themselves on offense if the ultra young offensive backfield of Brandon Jackson, Vernand Morency and fullback Korey Hall can run the ball effectively.

CS: Is Brandon Jackson for real and will he take advantage of the Eagles’ shaky run defense?

TK: We will find out on Sunday. Jackson probably will be inconsistent this season, like most rookies, but he has shown flashes of his quickness and ability to cut on a dime during training camp practices. Time will tell.

CS: What will the Packers try to take advantage of against the Eagles?

TK: I would think that Green Bay will attack Philadelphia's soft run defense from the get-go, then try to keep the Eagles off-balance by mixing in the pass. Favre has been asked to play a little more conservatively this season, so look for passes to backs in the flat, crossing routes or quick slants over the middle.

OP
OP
T

TOPHAT

Cheesehead
Reaction score
JUST WIN!!!!!

http://packers.scout.com/2/677005.html

A must-win game in Week 1?: Given the difficulty of the schedule, the Packers' home-field woes, the players' optimism and cold, hard NFL facts, Sunday's season opener is a huge one.

...the Green Bay Packers face a must-win game on Sunday. Yes, Game 1 of a 16-game campaign stands out as a matchup of vital importance. That’s because this season-opening game against a quality Philadelphia Eagles outfit at Lambeau Field provides the Packers with their best chance at victory in a daunting early-season schedule. After Philadelphia, the Packers visit the New York Giants, return home to face San Diego, then travel to Minnesota before hosting Chicago. That’s five difficult games to start the season, and they could very well determine the Packers’ fate before the season is even a month old. The Packers’ seasons have ended in quick fashion the last few years. Last season, they opened 1-4. In 2005, they dug themselves an 0-4 hole. The 2004 team made the playoffs, but perhaps they were worn out after having to recover from a 1-4 start.

“This one just has a lot of significance,” Pro Bowl defensive end Aaron Kampman said. “Based on how we ended the season last year, based on the way the offseason and preseason have gone, it’s kind of culminating for us in some ways. That we’re building, that there is a positive momentum. But that doesn’t win ballgames.” No it doesn’t, and nor does playing at home. Once one of the most intimidating places to play in the NFL — the Packers went 79-19 at Lambeau from 1992 to 2003, including 42-3 under Mike Holmgren from 1994 to 1998 — the Packers have lost their home-field edge. Before winning two straight at home to end last season, the Packers had a 4-12 run at home. They have lost four straight Lambeau openers.

The chance to start the season on the right foot at home is another reason why Sunday’s game is a big one for the Packers. Then, there’s the mental side. These are professional athletes. One loss at home to start the season isn’t going to destroy the players’ psyche. But imagine what good could come out of a win besides merely starting the season 1-0. These Packers — especially the guys on defense — think they’ve got something good going on. There’s a swagger around here I haven’t seen in years — since, perhaps, Michael Vick ran circles around the Lambeau mystique during a Jan. 4, 2003, playoff game. There’s even been a little chatter about the Super Bowl. A victory over the Eagles — a team that has beaten the Packers five consecutive times in the last four years, including a 31-9 thrashing at Philly last season — would just amplify what they believe.

Beyond that, there are the cold, hard facts. Last year’s playoff qualifiers went 9-3 in Week 1. One of those losers, the Giants, lost to eventual Super Bowl winner Indianapolis. In 2005, the playoff qualifiers went 8-4. Two of the losing teams fell to fellow playoff qualifiers. In 2004, the playoff qualifiers went an amazing 11-1. The only loser, Indianapolis, fell to eventual champion New England. A loss to Philadelphia won’t end the Packers’ season. Nor will a victory clinch a playoff berth. But for a young team that thinks it’s pretty good, Sunday’s game is huge for Mike McCarthy and his club.

OP
OP
T

TOPHAT

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Keys: Rookies & Coaching

http://www.packersnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070908/PKR01/709080373/1989

Insider: Solid defense, strong Favre may not be enough if running game is too weak

Thumbs up

All offseason, all preseason there's been talk about the Packers' defense being one of the top units in the league. The pieces indeed appear to be in place. On the defensive line, Cullen Jenkins' move to defensive end on early downs and back inside on passing downs should work. Jenkins had a monster preseason and looks like he'll live up to the four-year, $16 million contract extension he signed in the offseason. There's no reason to think Pro Bowler Aaron Kampman won't have another strong season, and the Packers might be as deep at defensive tackle as anyone in the league. The starting linebackers – Nick Barnett, A.J. Hawk and Brady Poppinga – looked solid in the preseason. The secondary should be improved thanks to the removal of safety Marquand Manuel, who was released after struggling most of last season. New starter Atari Bibgy can't be any worse in coverage than Manuel and looks like a better playmaker at the line of scrimmage. It's essentially the same unit – minus Bigby – that played the final four games, when the Packers allowed just 42 total points.

Thumbs down

Even if the defense lives up to its hype and quarterback Brett Favre avoids costly interceptions, it might not be enough because of the problems and flaws in the running game. The Packers enter the season with only one halfback who has ever played in an NFL regular-season game, Vernard Morency. That much was known after General Manager Ted Thompson chose not to re-sign Ahman Green, but what he couldn't have envisioned was the tenuous injury situation at the position. Morency missed all but the first day of training camp due to a knee injury and even if he plays this week, he'll likely be extremely limited. Rookie second-round pick Brandon Jackson, who got the lion's share of the work in the preseason, sustained a concussion late in camp and missed the exhibition finale. Rookie seventh-round pick DeShawn Wynn played only in the last preseason game after myriad injuries slowed him early on. The only other halfback on the roster, Ryan Grant, was acquired less than a week ago from the New York Giants. Not only will he need time to learn the offense, but he's never played in a regular-season game, either. If Jackson starts at running back, it will ensure an all-rookie starting backfield along with rookie fullback Korey Hall.

Key matchup

Eagles defensive coordinator Jim Johnson vs. Packers offensive coordinator Joe Philbin. Johnson's unpredictable blitzing scheme has given the Packers fits time and again. The Eagles have a 5-1 record against the Packers since Johnson became their defensive coordinator. Enter Philbin, who is in his first season as offensive coordinator. Right off the bat, he's facing perhaps his most difficult game-planning job of the season. Philbin, an offensive line coach by trade, will have to find a way to prepare his young, inexperienced running backs for blitz pickup duty – an area both Jackson and Wynn struggled with in the preseason. If Johnson outsmarts the Packers again, it could be enough to cripple their entire game pla

OP
OP
T

TOPHAT

Cheesehead
Reaction score
http://www.packersnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070908/PKR07/709080374/1989

Eric Goska column: Weak NFC makes Packers' playoff berth possible

The Packers' defense, expected to be much improved, couldn't ask for a much bigger challenge than what the Philadelphia Eagles likely will provide in the season opener at Lambeau Field. Last year, the Eagles led the NFL in yards gained per play. With all but one offensive starter returning, the team again could be among the most explosive in the league. Philadelphia, which ranked second in yards gained and sixth in points scored in 2006, averaged 6.2 yards per play. Since 1999, when Andy Reid became the 20th head coach in Eagles history, just seven teams have averaged more yards per play in a season. Assistant head coach/offensive coordinator Marty Mornhinweg's unit averaged 6 or more yards per play 11 times last year. The team was 9-2 in those games.

The Eagles gained 300 or more yards 14 times and went over 400 yards seven times. Only the Saints (6,264 yards) were more productive than the Eagles (6,103). Philadelphia claimed its fifth division title in six seasons under Reid last year, and it again looks formidable. Wide receiver Donte Stallworth, who signed with the New England Patriots in March, is the only starter missing. Kevin Curtis, a free agent pickup from the Rams, likely will replace Stallworth. Donovan McNabb, who has led the Eagles in passing yards each of the past seven seasons, is back. The fourth highest-rated passer last year missed the final six games after tearing the anterior cruciate ligament in his right knee. McNabb has had his way with Green Bay recently. He passed for 288 yards and a pair of touchdowns in the Eagles' 31-9 rout of the Packers last year. In 2004, he passed for a career-best 464 yards and five touchdowns in a 47-17 blowout. In his last three starts against Green Bay — all victories — he's passed for 950 yards and eight touchdowns.

Running back Brian Westbrook is another who has hurt the Packers. He missed last year's game with a knee injury, but gained more than 125 yards from scrimmage against Green Bay in both 2004 and 2005. The Eagles have other weapons, as well. Wide receiver Reggie Brown caught 46 balls, and his average of 17.7 yards per catch was among the highest in the league. L.J. Smith (50 receptions) was one of 10 tight ends to catch 50 or more passes. Green Bay hasn't defeated the Eagles since a standout defensive effort on Sept. 17, 2000. The Packers won 6-3 and held Philadelphia to 171 yards. Should the Packers replicate that type of performance Sunday, they will have a good shot at winning. Since 2000, Philadelphia is 1-9 in games in which it fails to generate at least 200 yards.

HatestheEagles084

Cheesehead
Reaction score
just to prove a point to my friends around here i made the packers my week 1 eliminator pick...i dont care if i lose $10, a packer loss means i lose a hell of a lot more.

The Packers CAN win this game, based on what I've been preaching all offseason--the line and the D are coming together

Packers 16
Eagles 13
...added last minute heroics

flep

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packers 30 Iggles 27

Mason Crosby 50 yard game winning field goal with 0 seconds left on the clock!!!!!!!!!!

You read it here first

OP
OP
T

TOPHAT

Cheesehead
Reaction score
NOTE: GREAT POSTED PREDICTIONS.

http://www.mytvisonfire.com/packersnation/?p=2348

Positions Breakdowns:

Quarterback-Draw

While Brett Favre is getting older, he is still as good as McNabb. McNabb is recovering from an injury that pretty much took him out for almost all of last season. I believe they will both play about the same in this game.

Running Back-Huge Advantage Eagles

Brian Westbrook is by far better than any running back on the Packers roster. The Packer’s running backs have had to battle a ton of injuries this training camp so that doesn’t help things. Hopefully Morency and Jackson can play or we will have to rely on Deshawn Wynn (not a good thing). I think our running game will have a sufficient game but will not be nearly as good as Brian Westbrook.

Fullback-Draw

Korey Hall is a work in progress. While I don’t think Hall will be great yet I also don’t expect much out of the Eagles fullbacks since I have never heard of either of them. I think this is a draw since neither team’s fullback will probably contribute a lot.

Wide Receivers-Advantage Packers

The Packers easily win this matchup. I would take just Donald Driver over all their receivers combined. The Packers also have Greg Jennings (if he can play) who had a great rookie season until his injury. James Jones has also played great this preseason and looks to be a great wide receiver. As far as the Eagles the only two recognizable names they have are Reggie Brown and Kevin Curtis. Even if Jennings doesn’t play we have the advantage at the wide receiver position.

Tight Ends-Slight Advantage Eagles

I would give the Eagles a slight advantage at the tight end position. LJ Smith is better than Donald Lee and Bubba Franks. I don’t think he is that much better though. I think Bubba Franks will have a little bit of a rebound year as long as he is given the opportunity.

Offensive Line-Draw

While I will admit I don’t know a lot about the Eagles offensive line. I think both teams offensive lines are pretty much equal. I believe the Packers offensive line will do a good job pass blocking but it will need to start opening some holes in the running game.

Overall Offense-Draw

Defensive Line-Advantage Packers
While the Eagles have a good defensive line, I think the Packers defensive line is better (I think our d-line is one of the top 5 in the league). The Eagles have some good players in Kearse (I believe is overrated) and Bunkley. The Packers are better mostly because of their depth. With Kampman, Jenkins (going to break out this season), and Pickett for sure in the starting lineup we are in good hands. The other defensive tackle spot will be filled with Corey Williams (great pass rusher), Johnny Jolly (great camp), and Colin Cole (good run stuffer). Finally KGB will be brought in on passing downs in order to put pressure on McNabb.

Linebackers-Huge Advantage Packers

How is this even close. Who would I rather have? Takeo Spikes and whoever the other two starters are for the Eagles or AJ Hawk, Nick Barnett, and Brady Poppinga. Obviously the Packers are better at the linebacker position. While our linebackers are a strength of the defense their linebackers are a weakness.

Cornerbacks-Slight Advantage Packers

While I think the Eagles have a very good group of cornerbacks I would rather have the Packers tandem of Charles Woodson (turnover machine) and Al Harris (masterful shut down corner). By no means am I saying that Lito Shepherd or Sheldon Brown are bad corners (they are very good). Al Harris and Charles Woodson is just probably the best cornerback duo in the entire NFL. I also like Jarrett Bush and Will Blackmon over the Eagles backups.

Safeties-Draw

The Eagles have the best safety of both teams in Brian Dawkins. I think Nick Collins is really going to turn it on this season though. I think he might even make a pro bowl push this season. As far as both teams second safety both teams are unknown. (To tell the truth I don’t know who the Eagles other starter is) I think Atari Bigby will make some really good plays but I also think he will make some mistakes.

Defense-Advantage Packers

Kicker-Draw

At this point in their careers I would have to say David Akers and Mason Crosby are pretty much equal. While Mason hasn’t proven much so far I believe he will do a great job for the Packers this season.

Punter-Draw

At this point I believe Jon Ryan and Sav Rocca are equal.

Special Teams-Draw

Keys to the Game:

Stop Brian Westbrook. If the Packers can’t stop Brian Westbrook the Packers are going to have no chance to win the game. Brian Westbrook is a key part of the Eagles offense both running and receiving. I think the Packers will do a good job keeping him under control since I believe out linebackers and defensive line will stop his running and I think the linebackers will do a good job covering him out of the backfield. If we can stop Westbrook we would stop most of their offense since they rely so much on him since their wide receivers aren’t anything special.
Put pressure on Donovan McNabb. Donovan McNabb was injured for most of the season last year and probably is very cautious going into this game. If the Packers can put consistent pressure on him I believe McNabb will make several mistakes that will turn into turnovers.
Get a running game going early in the game. If we can’t get a running game going early I think it will be a long game as far as the running game. I believe the running game will be important in order to keep our defensive off the field for as much time as possible. While our running game doesn’t have to be great it still has to be able to move the ball and run time off the clock.
Pick up the blitz. The Eagles are known for their excessive blitzing on defense. If we can’t pick up the blitzes, Brett will be spending a lot of time on his back and he will probably commit some turnovers. Hopefully our running backs have improved their blocking because they will get a full workout this week. If we can pick up the blitz well enough we should be able to make some plays in the passing game since they will be short manned in the secondary.
Attack the Eagles Linebackers. The Eagles linebackers are the weakness of their defense. Spikes is their only experienced linebacker. The Packers should use a lot of short passes and passes to the tight ends in order to exploit this weakness.
Win the field position battle. I believe this game will be a big defense game since both teams strengths are on the defensive side of the ball. Whoever wins the field position battle will most likely win the game since it will be hard for both offenses to move the ball on the other team’s defense.

OP
OP
T

TOPHAT

Cheesehead
Reaction score
GOOD PREVIEW

NOTE: PACK JUST NEED TO REMEMBER 4-21 & END IT!!!!!

http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=658651

Preview: Green Bay Packers vs. Philadelphia Eagles

FIVE THINGS TO WATCH

YOU NEVER KNOW: Jim Johnson, the Eagles' defensive coordinator since 1999, is a major reason why Philadelphia under Andy Reid owns a 5-1 record against the Packers. Johnson has carved out a well-earned reputation for blitzing, but what makes him most difficult to prepare for is you never really know what to expect. In the 2000 meeting, Johnson rushed five or more on 42.2% of passes and six or more on 15.6%, generating five sacks and three knockdowns of Brett Favre in the Eagles' 6-3 defeat. In the '03 regular season, Johnson attacked Favre with five or more on 46.4% of passes and six or more on 21.4%, got three sacks, one knockdown and won, 17-14. Since then, Johnson has blitzed Favre less and less. In chronological order, Johnson has rushed five or more 44.8%, 36.7%, 22.2% and 17.7%, and six or more 31%, 8.2%, none and 3.9%. In those last four meetings, the Eagles have modest totals of 11 sacks and eight knockdowns. Favre, however, didn't handle any of it very well, as his six-game passer rating of 49.8 would attest.

TAKING A CHANCE: The Eagles had a solid punter in Dirk Johnson, who owned career averages of 41.6 yards (gross) and 36.0 (net) in five seasons. But Reid cut Johnson last week and went with Sav Rocca, a 33-year-old former Australian Rules Football player. Rocca's 15 punts had averages of 45.4, 38.9. In eight exhibition punts, Johnson averaged 43.9, 34.8. "They're taking a shot," one opposing coach said. "This is a strong-legged guy and a pretty good athlete. You could hit a home run, or he could line drive one of those 50-yard punts with not a lot of hang time and the next thing you know somebody is running it down your throat. I think he's a line-driver."

STARTING OVER: The Eagles' main concern is inexperience at linebacker, where second-year players Chris Gocong and Omar Gaither will be entering their first seasons as starters. "I'm confident," Jim Johnson said. "I know that with these guys, it might take them a while, too. I realize that. I'm realistic." Gocong played nose tackle and defensive end at Cal Poly, a Division I-AA program. "They've been disappointed in him," a personnel director for another team said. "I never thought he could be a linebacker. Brady Poppinga is a good comparison. Not a space guy at all. He's a smart kid. Great kid. Everything you want off the field. ... But that stuff doesn't do you any good when you step on the field." The Eagles feel much better about Gaither's chances to replace Jeremiah Trotter in the middle. "More of a backup," the scout said. "He's one of those guys that when he's a backup and plays people go, 'He's good.' But once he has to play full-time then it's a whole different story."

WAIT AND SEE: In March, the Eagles traded DT Darwin Walker and a conditional draft choice in '08 to Buffalo for LB Takeo Spikes and QB Kelly Holcomb. Spikes, 30, made the Pro Bowl in 2003 and '04 for the Bills after five seasons in Cincinnati. Then he blew out his Achilles' tendon in Week 3 of 2005 before returning as perhaps the Bills' poorest starter on defense in '06. The Packers say Spikes has shown some improvement this summer. "Unless Spikes is drastically, dramatically improved since last year, he can't play anymore," one scout said.

ALL NEW: Kicker David Akers was the beneficiary of amazing continuity on the Eagles' special teams. For most of his eight seasons in Philly, he had the same coach (John Harbaugh), the same holder (Koy Detmer) and the same snapper (Mike Bartrum). Today, for the first time, his coach is Rory Segrest, his holder is Sacca and his snapper is Ryan Dorenbos. Akers, who made 6-of-8 field goals this summer, hasn't been able to hide his dissatisfaction with some holds. "This a real issue," an opposing coach said. "I don't know how they're going to get it resolved. Akers is very, very much a technician and very precise. ... It's like a machine. Obviously, when all the other parts are working with that machine, he's 1-2 boom. Now if that's a little bit askew then that could be a problem for them."

VIEWS OF THE GAME:

McGINN: The Packers are catching the Eagles at a good time. Shawn Andrews, Brian Dawkins and L.J. Smith are back but none had a training camp. Philly's revamped defense should be better later. To win, Brett Favre will have to play better than he ever has against a Jim Johnson defense, and the defense will have to be dominating right out of the box. It's a tall, tall order.

SILVERSTEIN: The Packers have taken their beatings from the Eagles on the road. Now it's their chance for payback. There is a lot riding on this game and if the Packers don't come through, it could result in the kind of start Mike McCarthy can't afford. Packers 20, Eagles 16.

HUNT: It seems risky to pick a team that will probably start rookies at tailback and wideout, but Donovan McNabb, like Brett Favre, isn't quite what he used to be. The Green Bay defense makes the difference here. Packers 17, Eagles 14.

BEDARD: As long as he's healthy, Donovan McNabb will find a way against Green Bay. He always does. Eagles 20, Packers 13.

NICKEL: In the 1990s the Packers couldn't beat Dallas until they got Troy Aikman and Company in Lambeau Field. Maybe that's what it will take - a strong home opener - to finally beat the Eagles. With the injuries at running back, the Green Bay defense may have to find ways score in this one to win. Eagles 24, Packers 23.

HatestheEagles084

Cheesehead
Reaction score
just to prove a point to my friends around here i made the packers my week 1 eliminator pick...i dont care if i lose $10, a packer loss means i lose a hell of a lot more.

The Packers CAN win this game, based on what I've been preaching all offseason--the line and the D are coming together

Packers 16
Eagles 13

DA DA DAAAAAAAAAAAAADA HEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

WE ARREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE THE CHAMPIONSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!

YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
HatestheEagles084 said:

Packers 16
Eagles 13

YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Hates.....this must be EXTRA sweet for you!!!!! :D

My score pick wasn't close, but i got the TEAM right!!!!!!!!!!!

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
HatestheEagles084 said:

Packers 16
Eagles 13

Heh. How are you with lottery numbers? ;)

Well, I predicted the Packers will decimate the Eagles. Oh well. I'm glad it's still a win. :D

EDIT: Got the quotes in the wrong place.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I said the Eagles would win an ugly game because I didn't expect the Eagles to be this bad on special teams. I'm so glad the Pack won. I was shaking for 5 minutes after Crosby nailed that kick.

OP
OP
T

TOPHAT

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I said the Eagles would win an ugly game because I didn't expect the Eagles to be this bad on special teams. I'm so glad the Pack won. I was shaking for 5 minutes after Crosby nailed that kick.

YUP, HOW SWEET IT IS...AN UGLY WIN IS A WIN!

Members online

Latest posts